Siblings (and offspring) of well-known horses

Re: Siblings (and offspring) of well-known horses

Postby neighhey » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:12 pm

Northport wrote:
Izvestia wrote:Aren’t they typically sprinters?


Most of his Northern Hemisphere stock seem to be, but he sired a lot of classic winners the Southern Hemisphere. I'm having a hard time finding records of his progeny who raced solely in the SH, but Il Campione won G1s from 9.5f to 12f and Dacita had good form beyond a mile.

https://www.thoroughbredracing.com/arti ... leo-chile/


El Turf is a great resource for South American racing. You can look up horses by sire. It requires an account, but it is free to sign up.

To answer the question re: winning distances, here's a link to his page on Padrillos en Linea: http://padrillosenlinea.com/rsdp/venta- ... lar=230157

Click on "Statistics" and scroll to the bottom. There's a chart with wins by distance and percentages.
neighhey
 
Posts: 692
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:12 pm

Re: Siblings (and offspring) of well-known horses

Postby Treve » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:34 pm

World Affairs 2yo by Cairo Prince (ex Current Events (by Curlin)) seems to be coming along nicely
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BRNVoX9F5o
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...


And a Queen named Beholder
User avatar
Treve
 
Posts: 3955
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 5:12 pm

Re: Siblings (and offspring) of well-known horses

Postby Starine » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:22 pm

How did I not know that Hawkbill and Free Drop Billy are out of the same mare?

Both will be in action Saturday.
User avatar
Starine
 
Posts: 3805
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:39 am
Location: South Carolina

Re: Siblings (and offspring) of well-known horses

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:29 pm

Where is Hawkbill running? I'm a fan of the KJ colt, so thanks in advance. 8-)
BaroqueAgain1
 
Posts: 9170
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Re: Siblings (and offspring) of well-known horses

Postby mariasmon » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:46 pm

Starine wrote:How did I not know that Hawkbill and Free Drop Billy are out of the same mare?

Both will be in action Saturday.


They have a 6YO 1/2 sister, Trensita (Curlin), who produced a filly by More Than Ready this year. That is an interesting mating to me. If you recall, Trensita's full brother (now 2) was purchased by the Albaughs last September because they liked Free Drop Billy so much. There was some issue with the bidding when he initially went through the ring and they were excited to get him when he came back through. Trensa herself is in foal to Kitten's Joy, but nothing has been reported so far.

Hawkbill is running in Dubai.
User avatar
mariasmon
 
Posts: 3715
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:38 am

Re: Siblings (and offspring) of well-known horses

Postby Starine » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:12 pm

The Lonhro colt Gronkowski won the Road to the Kentucky Derby conditions stakes at Kempton Park. He's out of the Lookin At Lucky mare Four Sugars (herself a half to Flashy Bull).
User avatar
Starine
 
Posts: 3805
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:39 am
Location: South Carolina

Re: Siblings (and offspring) of well-known horses

Postby Starine » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:13 pm

mariasmon wrote:They have a 6YO 1/2 sister, Trensita (Curlin), who produced a filly by More Than Ready this year. That is an interesting mating to me. If you recall, Trensita's full brother (now 2) was purchased by the Albaughs last September because they liked Free Drop Billy so much. There was some issue with the bidding when he initially went through the ring and they were excited to get him when he came back through. Trensa herself is in foal to Kitten's Joy, but nothing has been reported so far.


I love More Than Ready so that's definitely a foal I'm excited about. Thanks for the update on Trensa; I was wondering who she went to (and whom she will be bred to this year).
User avatar
Starine
 
Posts: 3805
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:39 am
Location: South Carolina

Re: Siblings (and offspring) of well-known horses

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:10 pm

Pricedtoperfection (Temple City x Glittering Tax), the full sister to Miss Temple City, is about to run in the 5th at Santa Anita, a 1-mile AOC on the grass.
BaroqueAgain1
 
Posts: 9170
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Re: Siblings (and offspring) of well-known horses

Postby mariasmon » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:20 pm

Starine wrote:
mariasmon wrote:They have a 6YO 1/2 sister, Trensita (Curlin), who produced a filly by More Than Ready this year. That is an interesting mating to me. If you recall, Trensita's full brother (now 2) was purchased by the Albaughs last September because they liked Free Drop Billy so much. There was some issue with the bidding when he initially went through the ring and they were excited to get him when he came back through. Trensa herself is in foal to Kitten's Joy, but nothing has been reported so far.


I love More Than Ready so that's definitely a foal I'm excited about. Thanks for the update on Trensa; I was wondering who she went to (and whom she will be bred to this year).


I wonder if Free Drop Billy's success last year made them want to send Trensa back to Union Rags? I'll be interested to see, myself.
User avatar
mariasmon
 
Posts: 3715
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:38 am

Re: Siblings (and offspring) of well-known horses

Postby mariasmon » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:01 pm

Mendelssohn is entered for the Patton S. tomorrow at Kempton, along with fellow Aidan O'Brien runners Seahenge and Threeandfourpence (himself a full brother to G1Ws Brave Anna and Hit It a Bomb).
User avatar
mariasmon
 
Posts: 3715
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:38 am

PreviousNext

Return to Racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aethervox and 11 guests