Waiting for news on ...

BaroqueAgain1

Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:19 pm

It looked like a horse went wrong and was pulled up at the back of the field in the 7th at Santa Anita. :(
It may have been Tribal Fighter, but of course that TVG ignoramus Schtupp had nothing to say about a possible breakdown. :roll:

ETA: Damn, it was Tribal Fighter. From Steve Anderson:
Santa Anita: Colonist wins in last stride
Colonist prevailed by a nose in Thursday's seventh race, an allowance race with a $62,500 claiming option, to deny an unlucky Anatolian Heat, who looked like a winner in the final furlong.
Sent off favored, Colonist ($6) ran a mile on turf 1:35.64, his first victory in six starts since an optional claimer last April. Colonist was fourth in the Grade 2 Del Mar Derby last September and fourth in the Grade 2 Mathis Brothers Mile in his two previous starts on turf. Flavien Prat rode Colonist.
The race was marred by an injury to Tribal Fighter after the wire. Tribal Fighter, the 4-1 third choice of eight, suffered an injury to his left foreleg and was vanned off.

http://live.drf.com/

I really hope Nakatani was able to get him stopped fast enough to keep the injury from being fatal. :(
serenassong

Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:28 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:It looked like a horse went wrong and was pulled up at the back of the field in the 7th at Santa Anita. :(
It may have been Tribal Fighter, but of course that TVG ignoramus Schtupp had nothing to say about a possible breakdown. :roll:

ETA: Damn, it was Tribal Fighter. From Steve Anderson:
Santa Anita: Colonist wins in last stride
Colonist prevailed by a nose in Thursday's seventh race, an allowance race with a $62,500 claiming option, to deny an unlucky Anatolian Heat, who looked like a winner in the final furlong.
Sent off favored, Colonist ($6) ran a mile on turf 1:35.64, his first victory in six starts since an optional claimer last April. Colonist was fourth in the Grade 2 Del Mar Derby last September and fourth in the Grade 2 Mathis Brothers Mile in his two previous starts on turf. Flavien Prat rode Colonist.
The race was marred by an injury to Tribal Fighter after the wire. Tribal Fighter, the 4-1 third choice of eight, suffered an injury to his left foreleg and was vanned off.

http://live.drf.com/

I really hope Nakatani was able to get him stopped fast enough to keep the injury from being fatal. :(
Not appearing on the CHRB vet list database- Im thinking this one is gone, unfornately
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
BaroqueAgain1

Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:46 pm

Looked like a very bad breakdown in the Hal's Hope at Gulfstream as the Big Brown colt, Send It In, went down near the end of the backstretch. :(
Sparrow Castle

Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:11 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Looked like a very bad breakdown in the Hal's Hope at Gulfstream as the Big Brown colt, Send It In, went down near the end of the backstretch. :(
Twitter folks are talking about him in the past tense.

Matt Dinerman Verified account @3coltshandicap
12m12 minutes ago
Very happy to hear John Velazquez is OK after that scary accident in The Hal’s Hope. Send It In was one of the coolest New York breds in the game today. Condolences to the connections. :(

Andy Serling @andyserling
14m14 minutes ago
As thrilled as I am to see one of my favorites Economic Model win the Hal's Hope, it's impossible not to be many times sadder about Send It In.
lurkey mclurker

Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:18 pm

Barbara Livingston @DRFLivingston
28s 28 seconds ago

Very saddened to hear of SEND IT IN being fatally injured in today's Hal's Hope. The 6yo NY-bred son of Big Brown, a homebred for Paul Pompa, Jr., won 9 of 18 races, with 3 seconds and 3 thirds. SEND IT IN earned just over $500K.

Catalina

Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:18 pm

RIP, Send It In.
BaroqueAgain1

Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:53 pm

Silverado Mist was pulled up early in the 8th at Santa Anita, a 1-mile $40,000 maiden claiming on the turf. She was still on her feet the last glimpse I had; TVG said Edwin had dismounted her near the outside rail. I really hope he was able to get her stopped before severe injury. :(
Update from TVG is that she loaded on the horse ambulance under her own power. Now I guess we wait to see what the exams back at her barn show.
Sparrow Castle

Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:20 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Silverado Mist was pulled up early in the 8th at Santa Anita, a 1-mile $40,000 maiden claiming on the turf. She was still on her feet the last glimpse I had; TVG said Edwin had dismounted her near the outside rail. I really hope he was able to get her stopped before severe injury. :(
Update from TVG is that she loaded on the horse ambulance under her own power. Now I guess we wait to see what the exams back at her barn show.
Jeremy Balan Verified account @BH_JBalan
33s34 seconds ago
Silverado Mist has been euthanized, according to her connections. Fractured both sesamoids in right front.
BaroqueAgain1

Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:46 pm

Two horses went wrong in the 3rd at Aqueduct, a 7 furlong $12,000 Claiming. Shuffle Up was pulled up on the back stretch, while A Fleet Attitude was described as having 'broken down' just past the wire after finishing third. Both horses were vanned off, but I fear the worst for AFA. :(
WarBiscuit

Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:10 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Two horses went wrong in the 3rd at Aqueduct, a 7 furlong $12,000 Claiming. Shuffle Up was pulled up on the back stretch, while A Fleet Attitude was described as having 'broken down' just past the wire after finishing third. Both horses were vanned off, but I fear the worst for AFA. :(
Sounds like Shuffle Up might be OK. Sadly, A Fleet Attitude was euthanized on the track. RIP AFA.

WarBiscuit
"One horse-laugh is worth ten thousand syllogisms. It is not only more effective; it is also vastly more intelligent." H.L. Mencken
Old Bones

Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:36 pm

Ian Wilkes announced last month that Cicatrix was injured. No explanation. DOes anyone have an update or know what happened?
Katewerk

Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:32 pm

Troublewithatee appeared to suffer a bad breakdown at Mahoning Valley R4.

https://www.horseracingnation.com/horse/Troublewithatee#
BaroqueAgain1

Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:09 pm

Onde Ah Mo appeared to go wrong in the 1st at Santa Anita, a 1 mile MSW taken off the grass. I'm worried because Franco was trying to pull him up but, after they left the camera view, was unseated from the horse. A riderless horse will often try to keep moving, creating further injury. :(
Sparrow Castle

Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:43 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Onde Ah Mo appeared to go wrong in the 1st at Santa Anita, a 1 mile MSW taken off the grass. I'm worried because Franco was trying to pull him up but, after they left the camera view, was unseated from the horse. A riderless horse will often try to keep moving, creating further injury. :(
Jeremy Balan Verified account @BH_JBalan
Onde Ah Mo has been euthanized following his injury in the first race, according to the Santa Anita stewards.
BaroqueAgain1

Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:40 pm

Cash Prize went down near the wire in the Camilla Urso (may have that spelling wrong) at Golden Gate, and that caused another horse to fall as well. Have to say that I don't see many breakdowns on GG's synthetic...maybe they clipped heels? :(
BaroqueAgain1

Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:09 pm

Boom Boom Bango leaped in the air leaving the gate in the 9th at Santa Anita, and then appeared to wrong heading down the backstretch.
BaroqueAgain1

Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:17 pm

Dial Me In was clearly injured in the 3rd at Santa Anita when the leader, Wild Lando, veered out sharply in the stretch, slamming into DMI, who then hit Faversham. Faversham was able to finish the race, but I think Dial Me In went down. :(
Sparrow Castle

Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:37 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Dial Me In was clearly injured in the 3rd at Santa Anita when the leader, Wild Lando, veered out sharply in the stretch, slamming into DMI, who then hit Faversham. Faversham was able to finish the race, but I think Dial Me In went down. :(
Not surprising but very sad...

Jeremy Balan Verified account@BH_JBalan
12m12 minutes ago
Dial Me In has been euthanized after he fractured his shoulder during the incident in the third race at Santa Anita, trainer Jim Cassidy said.
BaroqueAgain1

Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:50 pm

Damn. :(
This incident is a sad reminder that when half-ton horses run into each other at 30-40 mph, bad, bad things can happen.
Whenever I hear someone say, 'they should just let them play,' whenever stewards DQ a horse for contact during a race, I just want to scream #^%& #%^, #%^ #^%&!*@ idiot!!!
Men running up and down a court or field may be 'play.' Horses running full tilt on breakable legs with equally-breakable riders is NOT 'play.' :evil:
Sparrow Castle

Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:22 pm

I think I'm going to be sick.

Jay Privman @DRFPrivman
1m1 minute ago
Per the track vet, The Player will be evaluated for apparent fracture in right front. Kimzey splint applied, Bradley rode with horse in ambulance to barn #FairGrounds

Ellis Starr @Ubercapper
The Player eased turning for home. Great job by Calvin to pull him up quickly when he was stopping. My thoughts are with him and the Bradley's.