The VENT Thread

Re: The VENT Thread

Postby stark » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:02 pm

starrydreamer wrote:Oh good grief, everyone.

Som came to my defense when I got attacked.

Attacked?
Seriously?
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
stark

Postby Ballerina » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:12 pm

starrydreamer wrote:
Ballerina wrote:I am not a boomer - born before WWII, and I wasn't singling anybody out with my comments. If that's what you're implying starrydreamer, lose that thought immediately. Perhaps you forgot to notice my support when you told of the problems you were and still are experiencing with your child when you mentioned it in my Merry Christmas thread. The window candle still burns.

Naw, I wasn't, Ballerina. But you can see why comments like that elicit some remarks. I don't even consider myself a millennial- I'm in my mid-30s. But the assumption that we don't work hard for what we have is just rude (not saying you are).

And yes, you've been a supporter of my child and I appreciate it. I'm sorry for calling you a boomer. :lol:

(By the way, I was thinking the other day about Lloydobler - you owned him in partnership some years ago, right?)

I got involved in this because of the remark made by som about 70 year olds not having a clue and someone else saying people aren't making a living wage nowadays - like that's a new problem. How the hell people can take what I wrote personally leaves me flummoxed.

And, yes, I was in the partnership that owned Lloydobler - a Smarty Jones son. Don't get me started about how pissed I was about the way that partnership was handled.
Ballerina

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:20 pm

I'll take a wild guess and say there's probably a pretty good dent in one of those free whiskey bottles on a lonely Saturday night?

I'm gonna nominate this for Troll Post of the Night. :roll: :P
Seriously, Stark...why you got to be so mean?
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Ballerina » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:28 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:I'll take a wild guess and say there's probably a pretty good dent in one of those free whiskey bottles on a lonely Saturday night?

I'm gonna nominate this for Troll Post of the Night. :roll: :P
Seriously, Stark...why you got to be so mean?

Not defending stark for his remark, but be honest - don't you think som went a bit off the rails telling someone they're full of shit and fuck you, etc.?
Ballerina

Postby starrydreamer » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:38 pm

stark wrote:
starrydreamer wrote:Oh good grief, everyone.

Som came to my defense when I got attacked.

Attacked?
Seriously?

Uh yeah. You went after me for posting about my son's medical problems in the VENT THREAD. Then you decided, based on my posts in this thread alone, that I complain too much, don't appreciate my life, don't understand employers, and that I'm gonna be miserable.

Then you imparted some unnecessary life advice on everyone.
starrydreamer

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:36 am

" - don't you think som went a bit off the rails telling someone they're full of shit and fuck you, etc.?"

Off the rails? Well....not so much.
In the context of the ongoing conversation, IMHO her reaction was not exactly shocking.
I've noticed that Som has some spunk. Not what I would call a placid person. ;)
I'm not fond of her language, but she has the right to her feelings. This is the Vent Thread...and she really vented.
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Ballerina » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:31 am

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:" - don't you think som went a bit off the rails telling someone they're full of shit and fuck you, etc.?"

Off the rails? Well....not so much.
In the context of the ongoing conversation, IMHO her reaction was not exactly shocking.
I've noticed that Som has some spunk. Not what I would call a placid person. ;)
I'm not fond of her language, but she has the right to her feelings. This is the Vent Thread...and she really vented.

It must be understood when verbiage reaches such a level, the receiver of such will vent back. It then becomes a knock down drag out instead of a merely heated conversation.
Ballerina

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:19 pm

True.
That's one of the reasons why I try to avoid profanity, even when I'm beyond irritated with someone. As you note, the negative reactions tend to muddy the conversation.
BaroqueAgain1

Postby sweettalk » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:19 pm

my comic book store is closing. my friends who work there will be scattering. i'll probably never see chris again after the 31st. not something i'm processing very well.

old gaming group is still talking smack abt me a month after i left. i'll let you connect the dots as to why i left in the first place. my bf is defending them because "i've always gamed with them". thanks, buddy.

dolores o'riordan died yesterday.

2018 Makes Early Bid for 'Worst Year in Revent Memory' is my current headline of the month.
Get out to Lenny’s for their big grand opening sale. Find eight government secrets and get a free kidnapping and personality reassignment so that you’ll forget you found them!
sweettalk

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:49 pm

Sorry about all the unhappy events, strung so close together. :(
There is so much stuff available online now that it has become really hard for brick-and-mortar stores. That has been especially true for book stores trying to compete with Amazon and its ilk.
But you can't feel the books online. You can't peruse through the shelves, pick up and look at a few pages. You can't talk to real, live people who share your interests.
BaroqueAgain1

PreviousNext

Return to Horsin' Around