Siblings (and offspring) of well-known horses

Re: Siblings (and offspring) of well-known horses

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:43 pm

IIRC, De Coronado has done better on the track than either of Zen's boys. I'm kind of surprised that Coolmore has sold him, as that pedigree is sure to attract some breeders, even if he never gets a Group win. And he's a handsome horse.
I wonder if this move shows their opinion that Vertigineux's legacy as a broodmare is not panning out, and they didn't see any place for him at Ballydoyle as a stud. :?
Last edited by BaroqueAgain1 on Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Northport » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:01 pm

If they are willing to sell Henrythenavigator, Duke of Marmalade, Black Sam Bellamy, John F Kennedy, Gallante, etc., De Coronado never had a chance. Unless you're a star on the track and hit the ground running with your first 3 crops, no one is guaranteed a stall at Ballydoyle or Coolmore. If they don't want to keep a (second) son of Urban Sea, they probably didn't bat an eye selling a son of Vertigineux.

I wouldn't be surprised to see De Coronado standing somewhere as a National Hunt stallion at some point. The family has plenty of stamina and for a couple hundred Euro, some breeders might be interested.
weeeeeeeee
Northport

Postby sweettalk » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:10 am

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:IIRC, De Coronado has done better on the track than either of Zen's boys. I'm kind of surprised that Coolmore has sold him, as that pedigree is sure to attract some breeders, even if he never gets a Group win. And he's a handsome horse.
I wonder if this move shows their opinion that Vertinineux's legacy as a broodmare is not panning out, and they didn't see any place for him at Ballydoyle as a stud. :?

sshhh, some of us are in trouble already for suggesting this.
Get out to Lenny’s for their big grand opening sale. Find eight government secrets and get a free kidnapping and personality reassignment so that you’ll forget you found them!
sweettalk

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:21 pm

If they don't want to keep a (second) son of Urban Sea, they probably didn't bat an eye selling a son of Vertigineux.

I know I should know this but :oops: ...who was the Urban Sea son they sold?
BaroqueAgain1

Postby mariasmon » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:24 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:If they don't want to keep a (second) son of Urban Sea, they probably didn't bat an eye selling a son of Vertigineux.

I know I should know this but :oops: ...who was the Urban Sea son they sold?

Black Sam Bellamy
mariasmon

Postby Starine » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:33 pm

Son of Jersey Girl starts anew at Life Adventure Center
http://cs.bloodhorse.com/blogs/inside-a ... enter.aspx
Starine

Postby lurkey mclurker » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:37 pm

G @LongBallToNoOne
3h 3 hours ago

¥253,800,000 Select sale 2016 yearling, now 3yo colt KAZAN (Deep Impact x Champagne d'Oro(USA) (Medaglia d'Oro)) debuts over 2000m on Turf at Kyoto Saturday, can't wait to see what's under that rug! #hyped

https://t.co/QDIz5ORUL7

lurkey mclurker

Postby lurkey mclurker » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:39 pm

Jess Samy @Frankel1313
17h 17 hours ago

Here's one of the Scat Daddys newcomer !

Called LA LA PAY FORWARD (Scat Daddy x Blushing Issue); He is a sibling to American Oaks & Del Mar Oaks winner LADY OF SHAMROCK.

He is stunning !

lurkey mclurker

Postby Flanders » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:57 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:IIRC, De Coronado has done better on the track than either of Zen's boys. I'm kind of surprised that Coolmore has sold him, as that pedigree is sure to attract some breeders, even if he never gets a Group win. And he's a handsome horse.
I wonder if this move shows their opinion that Vertigineux's legacy as a broodmare is not panning out, and they didn't see any place for him at Ballydoyle as a stud. :?

I'm not surprised at all. Coolmore would never stand this quality of racehorse at their farm.

I am surprised that he wasn't sold to the US though.
Flanders

Postby Miss Woodford » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:17 am

lurkey mclurker wrote:
Jess Samy @Frankel1313
17h 17 hours ago

Here's one of the Scat Daddys newcomer !

Called LA LA PAY FORWARD (Scat Daddy x Blushing Issue); He is a sibling to American Oaks & Del Mar Oaks winner LADY OF SHAMROCK.

He is stunning !

He's so fuzzy! I'm surprised he hasn't been given a racing clip.
Miss Woodford

PreviousNext

Return to Racing