Cancellations - 2017

Re: Cancellations - 2017

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:30 pm

Now Laurel has cancelled the rest of its card. :(
BaroqueAgain1
 
Posts: 8280
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Re: Cancellations - 2017

Postby stark » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:32 pm

Andy Serling
‏@andyserling

We have cancelled racing at #Aqueduct both today and Monday, New Year’s Day.
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
stark
 
Posts: 2659
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:55 am
Location: SoCal

Re: Cancellations - 2017

Postby serenassong » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:13 pm

Turfway has called off the card today
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
User avatar
serenassong
 
Posts: 4640
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:36 pm
Location: Connecticut

Re: Cancellations - 2017

Postby stark » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:13 pm

stark wrote:Andy Serling
‏@andyserling

We have cancelled racing at #Aqueduct both today and Monday, New Year’s Day.


Add Laurel, Parx and Turfway to the cancellations today.

Santa Anita pots should be juicy if the east coast can find a place to bet at.
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
stark
 
Posts: 2659
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:55 am
Location: SoCal

Re: Cancellations - 2017

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:03 pm

Parx has canceled for Monday, as well.
https://www.paulickreport.com/horseplay ... -saturday/
BaroqueAgain1
 
Posts: 8280
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Re: Cancellations - 2017

Postby Forry Cow How » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:51 am

NYRA has cancelled through the weekend. Expects to race again on Thursday, January 11, 2018. Per Dave Grening.
Forry Cow How
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:52 am

Re: Cancellations - 2017

Postby WaquoitNBroadBrush » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:18 am

Forry Cow How wrote:NYRA has cancelled through the weekend. Expects to race again on Thursday, January 11, 2018. Per Dave Grening.


Mahoning Valley has been running in 10- to 15-degree temperatures through this long cold spell. Why is 10 degrees OK with their jocks, while 20 degrees is cold enough to keep Eastern tracks shut down? Do jocks in Ohio need every chance to earn purse money more than NY, PA and MD jocks do?

Side note: I was playing MVR via simulcast last week and saw three track records broken in the first four races. Just a few days earlier, in milder weather, horses were struggling to get 6 furlongs in under 1:18, which I attributed to MVR's deep, winter-engineered surface. Did it freeze or was the track scraped for some reason?
WaquoitNBroadBrush
 
Posts: 1030
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:22 am

Re: Cancellations - 2017

Postby Somnambulist » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:56 am

WaquoitNBroadBrush wrote:
Forry Cow How wrote:NYRA has cancelled through the weekend. Expects to race again on Thursday, January 11, 2018. Per Dave Grening.


Mahoning Valley has been running in 10- to 15-degree temperatures through this long cold spell. Why is 10 degrees OK with their jocks, while 20 degrees is cold enough to keep Eastern tracks shut down? Do jocks in Ohio need every chance to earn purse money more than NY, PA and MD jocks do?


I really, really hate this argument. I mean you do understand Aqueduct is literally a stone's throw from a large body of water? When was the last time you got on a horse in single digit weather after a blizzard?

If a bunch of people who starve themselves to make weight think it's unsafe to ride, then it probably is..
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
User avatar
Somnambulist
 
Posts: 7032
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:59 pm

Re: Cancellations - 2017

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:24 pm

Meadowlands has cancelled racing for Friday and Saturday.
https://www.paulickreport.com/horseplay ... ulcasting/
You know the weather is dangerously bad when the tough Standardbreds and their drivers stay in the barn. :shock:
ETA: Regarding Aqueduct; I would guess that it's not just the riders who get to weigh in on racing conditions. Outriders, gate crew and emergency personnel all have to be out in that weather. And let's not forget the people who come to watch. Would anyone even come out to Aqueduct in blizzard conditions?
Som can probably weigh in on this, but isn't it kind of iffy getting to Aqueduct on the local trains in this sort of weather? Aqueduct may have decided that it was too dangerous for both track personnel and spectators to come to the track.
I can't guess why Mahoning is still running in their weather, but maybe the fact that it's a lower-level track means they're operating with a much slimmer budget...and need to run their card?
BaroqueAgain1
 
Posts: 8280
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Re: Cancellations - 2017

Postby Catalina » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:11 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Meadowlands has cancelled racing for Friday and Saturday.
https://www.paulickreport.com/horseplay ... ulcasting/
You know the weather is dangerously bad when the tough Standardbreds and their drivers stay in the barn. :shock:
ETA: Regarding Aqueduct; I would guess that it's not just the riders who get to weigh in on racing conditions. Outriders, gate crew and emergency personnel all have to be out in that weather. And let's not forget the people who come to watch. Would anyone even come out to Aqueduct in blizzard conditions?
Som can probably weigh in on this, but isn't it kind of iffy getting to Aqueduct on the local trains in this sort of weather? Aqueduct may have decided that it was too dangerous for both track personnel and spectators to come to the track.
I can't guess why Mahoning is still running in their weather, but maybe the fact that it's a lower-level track means they're operating with a much slimmer budget...and need to run their card?


I would think that some tracks may have to cancel for longer than just through this weekend.
Catalina
 
Posts: 2984
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:08 pm
Location: South Texas

PreviousNext

Return to Racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 7 guests