Mchorseracecall

Re: Mchorseracecall

Postby greyhorse » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:42 pm

That Facebook post is the same thing he posted on the other forum I'm on.
greyhorse

Postby stark » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:38 pm

greyhorse wrote:That Facebook post is the same thing he posted on the other forum I'm on.

curious what forum that is?
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
stark

Postby greyhorse » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:42 pm

stark wrote:
greyhorse wrote:That Facebook post is the same thing he posted on the other forum I'm on.

curious what forum that is?

http://thoroughbrednet.us/forums/
greyhorse

Postby Retrospectiv » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:26 am

Katewerk wrote:Remove his posts and block him. You don't need to wait for Facebook, it's in the admin tools.

Oh, I know.

I was trying to be generous and give him a chance. Only because I saw him posing at another forum fairly recently, and posting like a normal human being, about actual horse racing.
He failed that test big time on FB. Continued to re-post things as soon as I deleted them. Even after I'd warned him about it.....GAH.

Not like most of us post much there anyway, it's not an overly active page. Majority of us are here, the page was set up when this place was down long term.
"It's been my policy to view the Internet not as an 'information highway', but as an electronic asylum filled with babbling loonies."
Retrospectiv

Postby Ioya Two » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:07 pm

So he must've sent that to everyone, I got it three times.
Pulpit 1994-2012
Ioya Two

Postby starrydreamer » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:14 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:If that police visit happened the way he describes it, I suspect the officers must be really frustrated. The dude clearly has mental issues and might possibly be dangerous. But the police can't take him into custody until he actually does something.
When California did away with involuntary psychiatric holds years ago, it did two things. The good thing was restoring civil rights to people accused of mental deficiencies. The bad thing was tying the hands of family and officials who knew that an individual was incompetent and/or dangerous. The person couldn't be institutionalized, no matter how much they needed it, until after they committed an act that justified it.
:(

California doesn't allow involuntary psych holds? I mean... there are problems with them and they get misused, but I think they can be useful. I wonder why CA didn't reform the involuntary psych hold process? It's not like a police officer says "this person is psycho, put then in an involuntary psych hold." There are (or should be) a bunch of legal hoops to jump through, thus protecting people's constitutional rights, etc.

But in any case, I think I missed most of this person here. I really hope Denman is being careful, too.
starrydreamer

Postby Retrospectiv » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:01 pm

He's very clearly NOT over his Denman fascination and has got some social development issues of some type going on.
I kicked him out of the group, he's been repeatedly asking to re-join. I finally just blocked him today. Enough is enough. He was given a chance to participate and all he wants to do is talk about his death threats and make disturbed references to being killed, or committing suicide if he were put in jail for attempting to murder someone :roll:
"It's been my policy to view the Internet not as an 'information highway', but as an electronic asylum filled with babbling loonies."
Retrospectiv

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:41 pm

SD: California doesn't allow involuntary psych holds?

Well, yes, but a person has to have a lot of problems (physical, criminal, as well as mental) for a hospital to be able to hold someone against their will. And IIRC, it might be for only 24 hours, except for criminals, who the police can take into custody. And our county jails are not well-equipped to handle the mentally ill.
This has contributed to the high number of homeless who clearly need help...to our eyes...but who refuse help. It's a horrible Catch-22; the person with the most profound mental and physical problems may unable to see his/her needs clearly, so they refuse the help that is offered. :(
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Somnambulist » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:55 pm

Has anyone actually called in a tip to the LAPD....?

I don't know his name as I'm not part of this Facebook group, otherwise I would have done this days ago. The article written on the death threats previously mentions this individual is well known, and does indeed have a social disorder. I would hate to think this is getting out of control and he's in jeopardy of harming himself.
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
Somnambulist

Postby Retrospectiv » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:34 pm

As noted in the article, they are apparently aware of him.

His posts weren't strictly sounding like he was going to harm himself, just theorizing on what would happen to him if he ended up in jail. He likes to tell these same stories over and over ad nauseum. The fact he private messaged several members with his copied and pasted drivel really irked me. I've no idea how much of that is for shock value and attention vs whatever social/intellectual issues he's got going on.
Retrospectiv

PreviousNext

Return to Horsin' Around