The VENT Thread

Re: The VENT Thread

Postby starrydreamer » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:04 pm

sweettalk wrote:i have RA and my rheumatoid test was negative, as well. the dr i saw said that it happens sometimes, so i'm glad you're going in anyway.


Yeah, the internist I saw made it sound like it was all in my head.

However, I also need to lose about 30 lbs. I think that will help my poor knee out, at least.
User avatar
starrydreamer
 
Posts: 368
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:51 am

Re: The VENT Thread

Postby Tessablue » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:18 pm

starrydreamer wrote:
sweettalk wrote:i have RA and my rheumatoid test was negative, as well. the dr i saw said that it happens sometimes, so i'm glad you're going in anyway.


Yeah, the internist I saw made it sound like it was all in my head.

However, I also need to lose about 30 lbs. I think that will help my poor knee out, at least.

Ugh, I hate it when doctors act like we're crazy for... what, being in pain? I did a literature search and it looks like low mean platelet volume is an indicator for systemic inflammation, but it's a very very recent discovery so it's quite possible that it isn't common knowledge yet. Glad you are still planning on going to a rheumatologist and I hope you get answers there.

Lots of vents but I'm particularly bummed out by the impending wholesale devastation of the scientific infrastructure that I've basically devoted my life to.
Tessablue
 
Posts: 3037
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:29 am
Location: Boston

Re: The VENT Thread

Postby Somnambulist » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:25 pm

I can't wait until my boyfriend and I are together long enough we can ignore everyone on holidays and people aren't offended.

Also the last doctor that told me it was in my head I immediately walked out and didn't pay. Nothing like idiots.
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
User avatar
Somnambulist
 
Posts: 7032
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:59 pm

Re: The VENT Thread

Postby stark » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:45 am

A few days ago I went shopping at Target, used my debit card to cover the $197.00 in damages.

Something is very wrong.....the charge hasn't hit my bank account yet and it usually does before I leave the store.

What am I suppose to do at this point?
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
stark
 
Posts: 2658
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:55 am
Location: SoCal

Re: The VENT Thread

Postby starrydreamer » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:01 pm

Kid is being sent home from daycare with a nasty cough AGAIN. It's been almost two months with him having this nasty cough. He sometimes needs oxygen support (which we can provide at home) and we gave him a dose of oral steroids a month ago, but nothing will kick this. He acts fine when he's not coughing up a lung and hasn't had any fevers. It's extremely frustrating.
User avatar
starrydreamer
 
Posts: 368
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:51 am

Re: The VENT Thread

Postby serenassong » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:46 pm

starrydreamer wrote:Kid is being sent home from daycare with a nasty cough AGAIN. It's been almost two months with him having this nasty cough. He sometimes needs oxygen support (which we can provide at home) and we gave him a dose of oral steroids a month ago, but nothing will kick this. He acts fine when he's not coughing up a lung and hasn't had any fevers. It's extremely frustrating.


So sorry about this. I have read that Whooping Cough is making a comeback- Im sure the doc has checked for this. Hope all is ok.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
User avatar
serenassong
 
Posts: 4639
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:36 pm
Location: Connecticut

Re: The VENT Thread

Postby Catalina » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:01 pm

stark wrote:A few days ago I went shopping at Target, used my debit card to cover the $197.00 in damages.

Something is very wrong.....the charge hasn't hit my bank account yet and it usually does before I leave the store.

What am I suppose to do at this point?


Talk to the bank, I would imagine.
Catalina
 
Posts: 2984
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:08 pm
Location: South Texas

Re: The VENT Thread

Postby Catalina » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:08 pm

starrydreamer wrote:Kid is being sent home from daycare with a nasty cough AGAIN. It's been almost two months with him having this nasty cough. He sometimes needs oxygen support (which we can provide at home) and we gave him a dose of oral steroids a month ago, but nothing will kick this. He acts fine when he's not coughing up a lung and hasn't had any fevers. It's extremely frustrating.


There seems to be a lot of this making the rounds right now, kid as well as adults.
Catalina
 
Posts: 2984
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:08 pm
Location: South Texas

Re: The VENT Thread

Postby starrydreamer » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:44 pm

Catalina wrote:
starrydreamer wrote:Kid is being sent home from daycare with a nasty cough AGAIN. It's been almost two months with him having this nasty cough. He sometimes needs oxygen support (which we can provide at home) and we gave him a dose of oral steroids a month ago, but nothing will kick this. He acts fine when he's not coughing up a lung and hasn't had any fevers. It's extremely frustrating.


There seems to be a lot of this making the rounds right now, kid as well as adults.


Yeah - my husband finally seems to have a handle on his cough, two months later. But his cough doesn't make him throw up like it does our kid. Husband used Mucinex to help clear him out - and kids can't have it. Somehow I didn't get it. I had three days of fever with a pounding headache, but it went away without a cough developing.

I guess I really can't complain. The child has stayed out of the hospital so far this year! Last time this year, he was in the hospital for surgery after it was delayed because he was in intensive care with RSV.
User avatar
starrydreamer
 
Posts: 368
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:51 am

Re: The VENT Thread

Postby Somnambulist » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:52 pm

starrydreamer wrote:
Catalina wrote:
starrydreamer wrote:Kid is being sent home from daycare with a nasty cough AGAIN. It's been almost two months with him having this nasty cough. He sometimes needs oxygen support (which we can provide at home) and we gave him a dose of oral steroids a month ago, but nothing will kick this. He acts fine when he's not coughing up a lung and hasn't had any fevers. It's extremely frustrating.


There seems to be a lot of this making the rounds right now, kid as well as adults.


Yeah - my husband finally seems to have a handle on his cough, two months later. But his cough doesn't make him throw up like it does our kid. Husband used Mucinex to help clear him out - and kids can't have it. Somehow I didn't get it. I had three days of fever with a pounding headache, but it went away without a cough developing.
[/quote]

Can you diffuse peppermint oil/eucalyptus oil in his room?/shower? This def isn't a cure but when my sinuses/chest are awful (frequently) I diffuse this when I'm in the shower and it always helps. Everyone in my family benefits from it and I'm not sure it gets worse than my dad's allergies.

My 2.5 year old crown apparently has a massive hole in it. Bye bye $1k. No wonder no one goes to the dentist.
Still no energy. I'd be concerned but I don't have the energy.
Piriformis syndrome is awful. Additionally, not hitting the gym 100% is actually worse so in comparison the pain is tolerable.
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
User avatar
Somnambulist
 
Posts: 7032
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:59 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Horsin' Around

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest