Stallion News

Re: Stallion News

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:17 pm

Gio Ponti was pretty good on turf, and maybe Shadai thinks that Drefong's offspring will tap into that. Japan has bought many horses, both stallions and mares, who have what one might think are dirt pedigrees. Their foals have done just fine on the green stuff. ;)
Maybe they also want to bring some of that speed into the mix for all their distance-lovin' mares?
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Treve » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:51 am

Wasn't Yoshida explaining in that documentary "Global Impact" about Japanese tb that unlike a lot of turf racing in the rest of the world, Japanese turf tracks tend to be of a firmer going and so they favour horses that have good turn of foot? He was theorizing that that was why Sunday Silence blood had such an impact on the breed there because he brought spectacular turn of foot not previously seen in the types of stallion that were imported up to that point.
It would make sense then, that even though they breed for middle, classic and stayer distances, they always also want to keep adding or maintaining speed/acceleration/turn of foot. A characteristic of a lot of prominent american dirt runners ;)
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
Treve

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:14 am

They sure loved/love Lord Kanaola and he was fast. One of the best sprinter/milers I've seen in recent years.
IMHO, I think Drefong will do well there.
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Sparrow Castle » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:45 am

I sure hope Drefong does well in Japan. I think he'll be a good fit there for the reasons Treve wrote. I am really rooting for this son of Gio Ponti. Can't wait to see which mares they send to him.
Sparrow Castle

Postby tachyon » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:37 am

Northport wrote:Interesting news about Drefong, I hadn't seen any release about that until now. Shadai really is stepping into new territory with a dirt sprinter by Gio Ponti. Tbh, I don't really get it.

It was in 2003 when Shadai introduced Swept Overboard(USA) to Japan soon after the mighty stallion End Sweep(USA) had passed away.
Swept Overboard(USA) died last month after proving himself a very good stallion for either surface in Japan.
I suspect that Shadai recruited Drefong(USA) as a potential successor to Swept Overboard(USA).

There's no breeder who don't appreciate the speed.
And, in general, dirt runners can easily turn out to be good stallion for the turf, while turf runners rarely become good stallions for the dirt.
Sunday Silence was a dirt runner, of course. ;)
tachyon

Postby Sparrow Castle » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:46 pm

Csaba will move to R Star Stallions in Indiana
Csaba, a Grade 3 winner and young stallion, will relocate for the 2018 breeding season to R Star Stallions in Anderson, Ind., where he will stand for an advertised fee of $2,000 with considerations for stakes mares and stakes producers.

The 8-year-old son of Kitten’s Joy previously stood at Pleasant Acres Stallions in Morriston, Fla., for $2,500. His first foals are 2-year-olds of 2018.

Csaba won 13 of 36 starts over four seasons of racing for earnings of $682,440. He won two editions of the Grade 3 Fred W. Hooper Stakes and the listed Memorial Handicap, with single wins in the Grade 3 Hal’s Hope Stakes, and the non-graded Harlan’s Holiday Stakes, Skip Trial Stakes, Tripical Park Derby, and El Kaiser Stakes.

His four additional graded stakes placings include a runner-up effort in the Grade 2 National Museum of Racing Hall of Fame Stakes and a third in the Grade 3 Palm Beach Handicap.

http://www.drf.com/news/csaba-will-move-r-star-stallions-indiana
Sparrow Castle

Postby mariasmon » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:07 pm

Oooh. Now I can go visit Csaba!
mariasmon

Postby bare it all » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:53 pm

The lovely Kingmambo stallion Archipenko has died at 13. Fast-spreading lymphoma.
bare it all

Postby Sparrow Castle » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:30 pm

Taylor Made Farm added 36 new photos to the album: California Chrome arrives to Taylor Made — at Taylor Made Farm.
4 hrs ·
California Chrome, 2x Horse of the Year, arrived safely to Taylor Made Farm on December 15, 2017 at about 8:30am.
California Chrome has been breeding in the southern hemisphere in Chile at Haras Sumaya.
Welcome Home, Chrome! Enjoy the rest and relaxation!
https://www.facebook.com/taylormadeadvantage/photos/ms.c.eJxNkckNA0AIAzuKuI~;~_G4uEs5DvCNtg2C2FM5W7KNI~;PKAkBwj~;QFYNCFpArmxEvBJMyJso6gpLpTUlTNhOcEPSz9RjTGUlTPCwN9E0Eq~_LdWVt11sMm9aCnomW9bAxlb9bBuimFMMjHwgfULqxPKbXR8eAugpxHO9x7ZPyBwKgrg~_Y7qZhiN3FHH9pvsWmMY4HUvDKOMmkeF4fON9XogOMzwO~;vb8k~;rJ7BCR~_30frsrcQYim~;IiR7~;A~-~-.bps.a.1547217421980706.1073741893.105549292814200/1547217731980675/?type=3&theater
Sparrow Castle

Postby Ridan_Remembered » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:38 pm

There is an article on Bloodhorse.com about Chrome's return to TM: https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... qus_thread. Among the things mentioned in the article is this:

The dual classic winner and seven-time grade 1-winning son of Lucky Pulpit—Love the Chase, by Not For Love, was bred to 110 mares while standing at Oussama Aboughazale's Sumaya Stud near Santiago, Chile. His Southern Hemisphere mares included 12 graded/group winners, another 15 listed black-type winners, and 22 black-type producers.

Lady Pelusa (ARG) (by Orpen), the dam of unbeaten Robert Bruce (CHI)—last year's Chilean champion 2-year-old and this year's winner of the Chilean Triple Crown—was among the high-profile mares he was bred to. California Chrome's book also included Chiliean-bred grade/group 1 winners Noble Belleza (Happy Hunting) and Viene Canando (Gstaad).

-----------------------------------
Just wanted to say how sorry I am about Archipenko
Ridan_Remembered

PreviousNext

Return to Breeding & Sales