Fillies and Mares - 2017

Re: Fillies and Mares - 2017

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:11 am

I think what is most surprising about all this is that said new connections are Coolmore.

While it's true that Coolmore usually wants their best horses heading for the breeding shed sooner rather than later, they also are pretty sporting. They send their horses all over the world to compete against the best.
Maybe they see a chance to do both with Stellar Wind, as she can run in the Pegasus and still make her date with AP.
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Treve » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:39 am

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:I think what is most surprising about all this is that said new connections are Coolmore.

While it's true that Coolmore usually wants their best horses heading for the breeding shed sooner rather than later, they also are pretty sporting. They send their horses all over the world to compete against the best.
Maybe they see a chance to do both with Stellar Wind, as she can run in the Pegasus and still make her date with AP.

I know that, but they seldom do so with older horses that they've bought. I suppose the difference between this and a colt/horse though is that she'll be racing under their colours.
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
Treve

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:52 pm

Another factor may be the early timing of the Pegasus. I don't think the Northern Hemisphere has had a race like this in January before; not just a stakes race for older like the Donn, but with that stupid-high purse. :P ;)
Frank wasn't crazy after all when he figured that it might tempt owners, who were planning to send their horses off to stud, to keep them in training for just a little while longer. Worked for 'Chrome and looks to be working for horses like Gun Runner and Stellar Wind.
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Somnambulist » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:00 pm

They're all running but who is paying.
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
Somnambulist

Postby Treve » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:04 pm

Somnambulist wrote:They're all running but who is paying.

From what I've gathered the connections who purchased a slot last year got a slot this year as well automatically (or maybe it's just those who ran last year and placed high enough?). Those who didn't have a horse in last year need to find someone though or pony up.
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
Treve

Postby PJMIII » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:52 pm

Ruby Trust (3-Year-Old Filly)
Date: December 5, 2017
Track: SANTA ANITA PARK
Distance: Four Furlongs