Kentucky Derby Future Wager Pool - 2018

Kentucky Derby Future Wager Pool - 2018

Postby PJMIII » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:10 am

Pool 1 of Kentucky Derby Future Wager opens Thursday for 20th time

The 20th year of Churchill Downs offering parimutuel futures on the Kentucky Derby starts Thursday when the first of four pools toward the 2018 Derby opens at noon Eastern.

http://www.drf.com/news/pool-1-kentucky ... -20th-time
PJMIII

Re: Kentucky Derby Future Wager Pool - 2018

Postby PJMIII » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:42 am

Kentucky Derby Future Wager: Field favored at 6-5 as Pool 1 closes

The mutuel field, the 24th or "all others" option, closed as usual as a decisive favorite in Pool 1 of the 2018 Kentucky Derby Future Wager, which closed Sunday at 6 p.m. Eastern after a four-day wagering window.

http://www.drf.com/news/kentucky-derby- ... l-1-closes
PJMIII

Postby Dusty » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:32 am

I took a few shots..never understand why anyone would bet the OTHER at this point
May they run with the WIND
Dusty

Postby Forry Cow How » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:47 am

I took a few shots, too. Just for fun. Let's see if any even make it to the Derby.
Forry Cow How

Postby stark » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:43 pm

Forry Cow How wrote:I took a few shots, too. Just for fun. Let's see if any even make it to the Derby.

Good luck to you and Dusty, enjoy the ride for as long as it lasts, hopefully all the way to the first Saturday in May.

In this crazy world we live in we've all done questionable things with our money and I always get a kick out of the naysayers who poo-poo future book wagers citing what a terrible bet they are. The implication being that all our other bets made on racedays are good ones, LOL.

Enjoy!
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
stark

Postby thinair » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:28 pm

stark wrote:
Forry Cow How wrote:I took a few shots, too. Just for fun. Let's see if any even make it to the Derby.

Good luck to you and Dusty, enjoy the ride for as long as it lasts, hopefully all the way to the first Saturday in May.

In this crazy world we live in we've all done questionable things with our money and I always get a kick out of the naysayers who poo-poo future book wagers citing what a terrible bet they are. The implication being that all our other bets made on racedays are good ones, LOL.

Enjoy!

Actually, the emboldened words aren't fair ( even if obviously true ), because when you make a bet on raceday, you know who you are betting against, whereas in the Derby Futures pool, you don't. That is the real reason they are bad bets. Don't get me wrong, if someone wants to make a nominal bet for fun, I totally get that, but if CDI opened the pool up to all nominations, and they could find a way to do this by assigning a number to each horse that corresponds, say, to a trifecta wagering combination, then it would not be a blind pool, and it would be a much fairer wager. This also gets back to the person that doesn't understand why anyone would bet "other" even though this has proven over time to be the soundest wager. Don't forget, everyone doesn't bet nominal amounts.
thinair

Postby stark » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:12 pm

thinair wrote:
Actually, the emboldened words aren't fair ( even if obviously true ), because when you make a bet on raceday, you know who you are betting against, whereas in the Derby Futures pool, you don't. That is the real reason they are bad bets. Don't get me wrong, if someone wants to make a nominal bet for fun, I totally get that, but if CDI opened the pool up to all nominations, and they could find a way to do this by assigning a number to each horse that corresponds, say, to a trifecta wagering combination, then it would not be a blind pool, and it would be a much fairer wager. This also gets back to the person that doesn't understand why anyone would bet "other" even though this has proven over time to be the soundest wager. Don't forget, everyone doesn't bet nominal amounts.

Here you go, about 250 individual entries, just phone a friend in Vegas and enjoy taking a shot on a horse like Analyze It who at 125/1 might be your bargain!

http://www.viewfromvegas.com/uploads/20 ... _11-16.pdf
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
stark

Return to Racing