Foals of 2017

Re: Foals of 2017

Postby mariasmon » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:58 pm

Miss Finland (AUS) thrilled her owners by producing this Deep Impact colt 2 days ago in Australia.

https://twitter.com/Paulmessara/status/ ... 1909056512
mariasmon

Postby Treve » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:29 pm

Does anyone have a photo of Opulence's American Pharoah colt?
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
Treve

Postby serenassong » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:41 pm

Ziggypop wrote:
lurkey mclurker wrote:Gotta love those poor newbies and their "what the heck just happened, where am I?" faces... :lol:

I love they allow them to foal outside.

I do as well. Claiborne does it from what Ive seen as well as another farm in FL- cant remember the name. As long as there are no former/immediate birthing issues- its the best.
Most of the main farms have had a baby born in the field at least once a year- mares are sneaky, mysterious creatures :D
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
serenassong

Postby Northport » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:29 pm

Glen Hill? Most of their mares appear to foal outside in Ocala.

When we rode at Adena Springs, one of their maiden mares foaled outside, right next to the fence. The foal rolled under the fence and was ~loose~ (not that it went anywhere too fast) and the mare was so surprised/shocked about this new "giving birth" concept that she hightailed away from the foal and went right to the paddock gate. Everything worked out just fine within the hour, but poor mama and baby were both very much caught by surprise!
weeeeeeeee
Northport

Postby serenassong » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:44 am

Northport wrote:Glen Hill? Most of their mares appear to foal outside in Ocala.

When we rode at Adena Springs, one of their maiden mares foaled outside, right next to the fence. The foal rolled under the fence and was ~loose~ (not that it went anywhere too fast) and the mare was so surprised/shocked about this new "giving birth" concept that she hightailed away from the foal and went right to the paddock gate. Everything worked out just fine within the hour, but poor mama and baby were both very much caught by surprise!

Yep! And what a great story! Ive seen maiden mares give that "Omg, what just came out of me?!" look. 9 times out of 10- the mommy calling kicks in.
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
serenassong

Postby Private Thoughts » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:56 pm

Who will Black Caviar be bred to for her 2018 foal? I had heard talk that it was going to be American Pharoah.
Private Thoughts

Postby serenassong » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:26 pm

Private Thoughts wrote:Who will Black Caviar be bred to for her 2018 foal? I had heard talk that it was going to be American Pharoah.

Could be
http://www.truenicks.com/free-reports/h ... iar%20(AUS)
serenassong

Postby Flanders » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:29 am

Private Thoughts wrote:Who will Black Caviar be bred to for her 2018 foal? I had heard talk that it was going to be American Pharoah.

They said when she foaled this year they weren't sure if they were going to breed her back for a 2018 foal. Either way, they will probably keep quiet about it. So many people have bitched and cried every time she is bred. PETA also did an article about how terrible her owners are for breeding her. After that article the owners came out with their own article about how BC likes being a mom and they would only treat the mare right. Anyway since then, I think they stopped announcing who she was going to be bred to. The More Than Ready breeding wasn't announced until December when she was confirmed in foal. I guess if they bred her we will find out if there is a press release that she is in foal.
Flanders

Previous

Return to Breeding & Sales