BC Distaff 1-1/8 DIRT Friday R9

Horsebagger
Posts: 1937
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:20 pm

Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:43 pm

Tessablue wrote:Man Stellar Wind got a perfect trip and had absolutely nothing.

Forever Unbridled is so talented, happy for her.
Stellar Wind had her ears pinned down the back side when she should have been relaxing. She got Sadlered.
BaroqueAgain1
Posts: 9711
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:44 pm

If Abel Tasman had broken a bit sharper, I wonder if she might have nailed FU on the wire. She sure was running in the stretch.
BaroqueAgain1
Posts: 9711
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:45 pm

Stellar Wind had her ears pinned down the back side when she should have been relaxing. She got Sadlered.

Do you think she was over-trained?
That occurred to me, as well.
User avatar
Treve
Posts: 4268
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 5:12 pm

Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:46 pm

Very happy for Forever Unbridled. And what a win for Unbridled's Song, gone too soon.
Did not expect Stellar Wind to misfire so badly even though I had a feeling she wouldn't win.
Nice late run by Abel Tasman, genius early move by Velazquez, leaving the 3yo with too much to do to catch him and FU.
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...


And a Queen named Beholder
Horsebagger
Posts: 1937
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:20 pm

Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:47 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:If Abel Tasman had broken a bit sharper, I wonder if she might have nailed FU on the wire. She sure was running in the stretch.
She outran my expectations, but not sure she was ever going to get by the winner. 3yo filly eclipse is a nice runner up prize, and we're not disappointed having two mares selling i/f to Quality Road.
Izvestia
Posts: 3814
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:16 am

Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:48 pm

Forever Unbridled has got to be one of those under-rated horses that shows up every time. Nice mare. Too bad about Stellar Wind, she's better than that.
Tessablue
Posts: 3412
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:29 am
Location: Boston

Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:52 pm

Horsebagger wrote:
Tessablue wrote:Man Stellar Wind got a perfect trip and had absolutely nothing.

Forever Unbridled is so talented, happy for her.
Stellar Wind had her ears pinned down the back side when she should have been relaxing. She got Sadlered.
Always glad to learn something from these events, I'll definitely keep it in mind going forward. Such a shame to watch her go out like that after a very nice career.

I think Forever Unbridled was very much the best, but Abel Tasman is going to be very good next year.

...and as I'm typing this, oh man I forgot about the Pegasus thing. It'll be great to see her in that race!
User avatar
Treve
Posts: 4268
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 5:12 pm

Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:54 pm

Tessablue wrote:
Horsebagger wrote:
Tessablue wrote:Man Stellar Wind got a perfect trip and had absolutely nothing.

Forever Unbridled is so talented, happy for her.
Stellar Wind had her ears pinned down the back side when she should have been relaxing. She got Sadlered.
Always glad to learn something from these events, I'll definitely keep it in mind going forward. Such a shame to watch her go out like that after a very nice career.

I think Forever Unbridled was very much the best, but Abel Tasman is going to be very good next year.

...and as I'm typing this, oh man I forgot about the Pegasus thing. It'll be great to see her in that race!
I'm not sure he was being serious but seeing Fipke so happy and enthused about her made me a little emotional! Also as a fellow canuck his accent spoke to me :lol:
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...


And a Queen named Beholder
User avatar
Flanders
Posts: 2770
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:01 pm

Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:02 pm

I hope he was serious and we get to see her again next year. He had mentioned this years Pegasus before but she had a bone chip. Hell if he sends her to the Pegasus and Dubai World Cup and she doesn't want to race anymore, he could still have her bred next year.
Last edited by Flanders on Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Somnambulist
Posts: 7382
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:59 pm

Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:03 pm

Abel Tasman was very good this year. No one wanted to see it, though.
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
User avatar
Treve
Posts: 4268
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 5:12 pm

Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:16 pm

Somnambulist wrote:Abel Tasman was very good this year. No one wanted to see it, though.
She was, I was hoping she would sweep the NY Triple Tiara (she'd have been the first to do so in the current series) but she wasn't entered in the Alabama even after getting the first two legs.
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...


And a Queen named Beholder
Somnambulist
Posts: 7382
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:59 pm

Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:25 pm

Treve wrote:
Somnambulist wrote:Abel Tasman was very good this year. No one wanted to see it, though.
She was, I was hoping she would sweep the NY Triple Tiara (she'd have been the first to do so in the current series) but she wasn't entered in the Alabama even after getting the first two legs.
Why run that far if you don't have to?
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
User avatar
Treve
Posts: 4268
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 5:12 pm

Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:28 pm

Somnambulist wrote:
Treve wrote:
Somnambulist wrote:Abel Tasman was very good this year. No one wanted to see it, though.
She was, I was hoping she would sweep the NY Triple Tiara (she'd have been the first to do so in the current series) but she wasn't entered in the Alabama even after getting the first two legs.
Why run that far if you don't have to?
yeah I assume that was the reason why- was just making a note for those who may not have followed her as closely, I didn't want them to assume from my comment that she failed because of a loss ;)
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...


And a Queen named Beholder
User avatar
Life At Zen
Posts: 1655
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:52 pm

Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:52 pm

Somnambulist wrote:Abel Tasman was very good this year. No one wanted to see it, though.
I watched her run Belmont Day. She blew me away. She's a beast.
A R R O G A T E
Paradise Woods, Lady Eli, Songbird, Ziconic
Gormley, Royal Mo, Shaman Ghost, Constellation

Once upon a time there was a horse named Kelso.
But only once. ~Joe Hirsch
User avatar
Treve
Posts: 4268
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 5:12 pm

Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:48 pm

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... ff-triumph

FWIW, Forever Unbridled will be prepped for the Pegasus, Abel Tasman will race on at 4 and Stellar Wind ate dirt but is ok.
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...


And a Queen named Beholder
Post Reply