2017 Report Of Mares Bred

2017 Report Of Mares Bred

Postby Flanders » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:41 pm

http://jockeyclub.com/default.asp?section=Resources&area=16

bare it all wrote:Report of mares bred is up!

Over 200 Club
Into Mischief - 235
Dialed In - 231
American Pharoah - 214
Uncle Mo - 204

Tapit at 127, tied with Pioneerof the Nile and ... Runhappy?

Jess's Dream got 122 in Florida!

Giants Causeway, Tale of the Cat - 31

Good ol Prayer for Relief saw 22 mares in FL

Honorable Dillon only saw 17 up in NY

Bullet Train, To Honor and Serve - 14

Point Given - 7

Eye of the Leopard, Domestic Dispute, King of the Roxy, Line of David - 1
Flanders

Re: 2017 Report Of Mares Bred

Postby Flanders » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:41 pm

Why isn't Mr. Speaker on the list? I guess he was sold at some point? He has an export on file but no return.
But he is still listed at Lane's End for 2018. I thought stallions at Lane's End didn't shuttle?

Vineyard Haven appears to have been sent somewhere too as he has an export but no return and doesn't have a report of mares bred for 2017.
Flanders

Postby mariasmon » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:58 pm

Flanders wrote:Why isn't Mr. Speaker on the list? I guess he was sold at some point? He has an export on file but no return.
But he is still listed at Lane's End for 2018. I thought stallions at Lane's End didn't shuttle?

Mr Speaker shuttled to South America last year and supposedly returned. He was on Lane's End's roster for 2017. They have shuttled other stallions (like The Factor, most recently). Mr Speaker may possibly be at Haras Cordillera in Chile again this SH season. He is on their website, although that doesn't always mean anything. El Turf's stallion directory shows him there and that would be more reliable. It is odd he isn't in the RMB. I noticed that, too. Hopefully it's just a glitch.
mariasmon

Postby Flanders » Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:11 pm

mariasmon wrote:
Flanders wrote:Why isn't Mr. Speaker on the list? I guess he was sold at some point? He has an export on file but no return.

Mr Speaker shuttled to South America last year and supposedly returned. He was on Lane's End's roster for 2017. They have shuttled other stallions (like The Factor, most recently). Mr Speaker may possibly be at Haras Cordillera in Chile again this SH season. He is on their website, although that doesn't always mean anything. El Turf's stallion directory shows him there and that would be more reliable. It is odd he isn't in the RMB. I noticed that, too. Hopefully it's just a glitch.

I could see a stallion getting missed on the RMB list but combining that and that he doesn't have a Return, he never came back to the US.
Flanders

Postby mariasmon » Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:16 pm

Flanders wrote:
mariasmon wrote:

I could see a stallion getting missed on the RMB list but combining that and that he doesn't have a Return, he never came back to the US.

It is extremely odd that they never took him off their roster. He is on the 2018 roster, too. Perhaps the most likely explanation is that he was unable to return from Chile for 2017 due to a health concern, so he remained there, but will be coming back to KY after the 2017 SH season?
mariasmon

Postby Flanders » Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:21 pm

mariasmon wrote:It is extremely odd that they never took him off their roster. He is on the 2018 roster, too. Perhaps the most likely explanation is that he was unable to return from Chile for 2017 due to a health concern, so he remained there, but will be coming back to KY after the 2017 SH season?

Yes that would be most likely. Most farms put out press releases when a stallion misses the season. I thought maybe there was an article that I missed because I haven't been following racing as closely this year.
Flanders

Postby Treve » Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:43 pm

Hat Trick (JPN) 19
He's standing in the wrong country, wish people would give him a second look given how his son Darbisim is doing well, and if I am not mistaken a few of Hat Trick's current runners did not too bad this year outside of Japan.
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
Treve

Postby Summer Bird » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:47 pm

Mr Speaker did not pass quarantine and was sent back to South America. He should be back next season.
Summer Bird

Postby mariasmon » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:35 pm

Summer Bird wrote:Mr Speaker did not pass quarantine and was sent back to South America. He should be back next season.

Thanks. Curious as to why there was apparently no announcement.
mariasmon

Postby Summer Bird » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:49 pm

mariasmon wrote:
Summer Bird wrote:Mr Speaker did not pass quarantine and was sent back to South America. He should be back next season.

Thanks. Curious as to why there was apparently no announcement.

I’m curious too. I wish I remember what he had, but I can’t remember.
Summer Bird

Next

Return to Breeding & Sales