TV Discussion Thread

Re: TV Discussion Thread

Postby starrydreamer » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:56 pm

ThreeMustangs wrote:
Prairie Bayou wrote:Does anyone else watch Downward Dog on ABC?


Yes. We love love love Martin. The humans, not so much. But it's not a bad little show. Has it been renewed for next season?


Nope, cancelled. http://tvline.com/2017/06/23/downward-dog-cancelled-abc-no-season-2-allison-tolman/
User avatar
starrydreamer
 
Posts: 196
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:51 am

Re: TV Discussion Thread

Postby Somnambulist » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:24 pm

WINTER
IS
HERE
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
User avatar
Somnambulist
 
Posts: 6834
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:59 pm

Re: TV Discussion Thread

Postby sweettalk » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:35 pm

pass x400 on dr who.

i don't want a female doctor. if they wanted a female lead, River Song or Missy would have been a GREAT spin off and i'd have watched the hell out of that. but... not this.
Follow your heart. You need it. And where did it learn to scurry like that?
User avatar
sweettalk
 
Posts: 1726
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:05 pm

Re: TV Discussion Thread

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:12 pm

Winter Is Here.
"Shall we begin?"

Yesssss! :mrgreen:
BaroqueAgain1
 
Posts: 7399
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Re: TV Discussion Thread

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:37 pm

Doesn't it seem too coincidental that three of our main protagonists - Dany, John and Tyrion - all lost their mothers in childbirth? Was Martin just being lazy by repeating that tragic background to create drama in those characters' stories? Or will that common background somehow play an important part in the future?
Is there no such thing as 'coincidence' when it comes to GoT? :P
BaroqueAgain1
 
Posts: 7399
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Re: TV Discussion Thread

Postby Somnambulist » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:12 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Doesn't it seem too coincidental that three of our main protagonists - Dany, John and Tyrion - all lost their mothers in childbirth? Was Martin just being lazy by repeating that tragic background to create drama in those characters' stories? Or will that common background somehow play an important part in the future?
Is there no such thing as 'coincidence' when it comes to GoT? :P


There is that theory Tyrion is not a Lannister..

I read these books before the show. I'm dying for conclusions!
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
User avatar
Somnambulist
 
Posts: 6834
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:59 pm

Re: TV Discussion Thread

Postby sweettalk » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:52 pm

Somnambulist wrote:
BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Doesn't it seem too coincidental that three of our main protagonists - Dany, John and Tyrion - all lost their mothers in childbirth? Was Martin just being lazy by repeating that tragic background to create drama in those characters' stories? Or will that common background somehow play an important part in the future?
Is there no such thing as 'coincidence' when it comes to GoT? :P


There is that theory Tyrion is not a Lannister..

I read these books before the show. I'm dying for conclusions!

to further elaborate, the theory is that tywin isn't his father, but his mother is still joanna - aerys was wildly infatuated with her and there are questions surrounding those two.

i'm guessing there isn't, myself.
Follow your heart. You need it. And where did it learn to scurry like that?
User avatar
sweettalk
 
Posts: 1726
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:05 pm

Re: TV Discussion Thread

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:28 pm

So it's suggested that all three, unrelated women had fatal complications giving birth to Targaryen-fathered children? Two by the Mad King Aerys (Tyrion, Dany), and one by Aerys's son, Rhaegar (John)?
:?
BaroqueAgain1
 
Posts: 7399
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Re: TV Discussion Thread

Postby Squally » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:00 pm

Somnambulist wrote:There is that theory Tyrion is not a Lannister..

I read these books before the show. I'm dying for conclusions!


I read the books too, and loved them. Don't love the 5 year (plus) gaps per book. Super sad the conclusion will come in the TV show before the books. If the books ever get finished. Kinda got burned on that. Don't love that as a book reader I'm stuck with spoilers, everywhere. Might as well watch (or read the recaps) since that is all there is.
Squally
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:45 pm

Re: TV Discussion Thread

Postby sweettalk » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:00 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:So it's suggested that all three, unrelated women had fatal complications giving birth to Targaryen-fathered children? Two by the Mad King Aerys (Tyrion, Dany), and one by Aerys's son, Rhaegar (John)?
:?

yes, and! if you remember, the baby that dany had was... not ok. and tyrion himself came out, well, the way he did. so there are even further questions about some potentially nasty genes in the targaryen gene pool that cause either birth defects seen in the resulting child, or defects in the birth STUFF (amniotic fluid/sack, placenta, everything) that kill the mother.
Follow your heart. You need it. And where did it learn to scurry like that?
User avatar
sweettalk
 
Posts: 1726
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:05 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Horsin' Around

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests