TV Discussion Thread

Prairie Bayou

Mon May 15, 2017 1:49 pm

BlindLucky wrote:I'm a bit behind on Once Upon a Time, but um... these characters are NOT returning next season? So basically, the whole focus of the show?

Emma Swan (Jennifer Morrison)
Snow White (Ginnifer Goodwin)
Prince Charming (Josh Dallas)
Henry (Jared Gilmore)
Belle (Emilie de Ravin)
Zelena (Rebecca Mader)
I stopped watching during the Frozen storyline. A friend of mine is obsessed with this show. Seeing how they could've wrapped this up this year what they are doing next year is stupid. They're taking all the major characters away. Those who have a solid fanbase. IMO they are putting a gun to the show's head an pulling the trigger. Which is a shame because many fans out there will see their show sink. Not fair to go out like that. It may be a hit, who knows but it just seems ridiculous.
"AND ALYSHEBA AMERICA'S HORSE HAS DONE IT!!!" ~ Tom Durkin 1988 Breeder's Cup Classic
BaroqueAgain1

Mon May 15, 2017 1:56 pm

They're going to focus on Hook, Gold/Rumple (or whatever his name is), and Regina. They really should have just ended the show.

I don't think that's entirely true. Judging by the last minutes of the finale,...
SPOILERS FOLLOW........

...it looks like the show skips forward in time. Henry is now grown, with a child who comes to his door bearing The Book. So, the stories might be about a new generation, with the ageless Dark One (Gold) and Queen (Regina) providing links to the past.
Hook showing up without Emma is odd, but perhaps they'll explain away as, 'A pirate can't settle down forever, and occasionally needs to go off on adventures?'
Maybe we'll see Snow's, Zelena's and Belle's babies as young adults, embarking on their own stories. That's my guess.
Prairie Bayou

Tue May 16, 2017 12:22 pm

Does anyone else watch Quantico?

I found last night's season ending to be okay with ending the series but hated the way they did the Clay / Shelby thing. I don't know if it will be back but I really do enjoy the show.
"AND ALYSHEBA AMERICA'S HORSE HAS DONE IT!!!" ~ Tom Durkin 1988 Breeder's Cup Classic
Prairie Bayou

Wed May 17, 2017 1:47 pm

Last night's episode of The Flashwas heartbreaking. Savitar needs to die.
BaroqueAgain1

Wed May 17, 2017 3:50 pm

Yeah, that Flash episode was pretty dark, although the way the show has been handling the Iris story line, it seemed inevitable. :(
I also appreciate the way they didn't make Savitar/Future Flash a one-dimensional, evil-for-no-reason individual. His back story does show that he is also a tragic character.
The Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. finale provided an emotional palate-cleanser, with equal doses of sorrow and kick-ass satisfaction.
And those final scenes? Outer space? WTF? :o
Since both Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 and Thor: Ragnarok will have been released by the time the next season of Agents rolls around, I suspect that the developments in the Marvel Universe will affect what Coulson and Crew are doing.
BaroqueAgain1

Fri May 19, 2017 1:30 am

Holy heartbreak, Supernatural! :o
If all those deaths are permanent, this show is going through a bigger character reset than even Once Upon a Time.
I really hope for a small miracle, and a couple of my favorites find their way back next season.
stark

Sat May 20, 2017 12:44 pm

New TV game show
WIN-PLACE-SHOW
open audition for contestants
looking for people with some amateur handicapping abilities
at Del Mar May 27th
http://winplaceshowtv.com/
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
sweettalk

Sun May 21, 2017 4:36 am

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Holy heartbreak, Supernatural! :o
If all those deaths are permanent, this show is going through a bigger character reset than even Once Upon a Time.
I really hope for a small miracle, and a couple of my favorites find their way back next season.
the REALLY BIG one says their character has a future, not sure abt the other 2.
Get out to Lenny’s for their big grand opening sale. Find eight government secrets and get a free kidnapping and personality reassignment so that you’ll forget you found them!
Tessablue

Sun May 21, 2017 11:02 pm

TWIN PEAKS
Spahny

Thu May 25, 2017 7:21 pm

Tessablue wrote:TWIN PEAKS
I told myself I was disappointed in the premier then I watched it 2 more times and will be watching episodes 2 and 3. I do want good Cooper back though. How often does Lynch give you what you want?

I'm guessing the glass box is Bill Gates little toy.
greyhorse

Thu May 25, 2017 7:51 pm

Game of Thrones Season 7 Trailer!!! "And then it doesn't matter whose skeleton sits on the Iron Throne."

https://youtu.be/giYeaKsXnsI
stark

Wed May 31, 2017 11:48 pm

I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
BlindLucky

Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:14 am

Long Strange Trip on Amazon Prime was fantastic. If you like the Grateful Dead, have ever been into their music, or were just curious about that huge chunk of culture... it was so good. I went to a lot of Dead shows and their music has a particularly big place in my heart, almost a soundtrack for my late high school and early college years. For me, the anecdotes I'd never heard before and the old footage I'd never seen were so worth the 4+ hours of watching :D

And I'm not a fan of poetry as a rule, but Robert Hunter is the closest I get--his lyrics are everything.
Photos from my racing travels: ThoroughbredJourney.com
starrydreamer

Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:20 pm

Whyyyy did no one tell me about Jane the Virgin before now?! I'm just starting it on Netflix and it is hilarious.
Insane Crazy

Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:20 am

starrydreamer wrote:Whyyyy did no one tell me about Jane the Virgin before now?! I'm just starting it on Netflix and it is hilarious.
JTV is literally one of my all time favorite shows! It's so, so, SO good. Handles a lot of fabulous issues with grace and charm, has an awesome cast, and is just so much fun.

Plus, I could look at Rafael literally all day long. Hoo boy.
Not a wholesome trottin' race, no, but a race where they sit down right on the horse!
Like to see some stuck-up jockey boy sittin' on Dan Patch? Make your blood boil? Well, I should say!
starrydreamer

Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:26 am

Insane Crazy wrote:
starrydreamer wrote:Whyyyy did no one tell me about Jane the Virgin before now?! I'm just starting it on Netflix and it is hilarious.
JTV is literally one of my all time favorite shows! It's so, so, SO good. Handles a lot of fabulous issues with grace and charm, has an awesome cast, and is just so much fun.

Yes! Gina Rodriguez brings so much to Jane. It reminds me a bit of Wonderfalls, with inanimate objects sometimes talking. Plus, so many minorities in the cast!
Insane Crazy

Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:37 pm

starrydreamer wrote:
Insane Crazy wrote:

Yes! Gina Rodriguez brings so much to Jane. It reminds me a bit of Wonderfalls, with inanimate objects sometimes talking. Plus, so many minorities in the cast!
Wonderfaaaaalllllssss! High five for one of my favorite obscure TV shows. :D

I love the diversity and I absolutely LOVE Jane. Her little alter egos and fantasy sequences are just fantastic.
Not a wholesome trottin' race, no, but a race where they sit down right on the horse!
Like to see some stuck-up jockey boy sittin' on Dan Patch? Make your blood boil? Well, I should say!
starrydreamer

Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:50 pm

Insane Crazy wrote:
Wonderfaaaaalllllssss! High five for one of my favorite obscure TV shows. :D

I love the diversity and I absolutely LOVE Jane. Her little alter egos and fantasy sequences are just fantastic.
I'm more than halfway done with season 2. I know what happens generally in season 3, though, so it feels a little like hurtling into a basket of pain.

The part where Jane and Rafael find out that there may be a chromosomal problem with their baby, though - this exactly happened to me. Except it was really obvious that my son had a major defect - the only question was whether it was caused by a chromosomal problem, in which case it likely would have been incompatible with life. I can still remember when I was 20 weeks pregnant and went to find out if I was having a boy or girl, and then the ultrasound tech's demeanor changed. Except our ultrasound tech told us generally what she saw.

My biggest problem with that part is where they didn't see a geneticist and then the facts surrounding amnio. Because they would have been referred. We did, and that's when we did amnio. The risk of miscarriage from amnio at 20 weeks is less than at, for example, 12 weeks. I'm glad they had her do the amnio, though.
Prairie Bayou

Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:00 pm

Does anyone else watch Downward Dog on ABC?
ThreeMustangs

Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:53 pm

Prairie Bayou wrote:Does anyone else watch Downward Dog on ABC?
Yes. We love love love Martin. The humans, not so much. But it's not a bad little show. Has it been renewed for next season?