Horrible Names For Horses

User avatar
War Admiral
Posts: 212
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:29 am
Location: The Midwest

Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:52 pm

I've never liked the name Hoof Hearted.
Government is not the solution to the problem. Government is the problem. Ronald Reagan.
User avatar
Diver52
Posts: 1655
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:44 pm
Location: Redlands, CA

Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:45 am

War Admiral wrote:I've never liked the name Hoof Hearted.
Oh, that's a classic cringe!
I ran marathons. I saw the Taj Mahal by Moonlight. I drove Highway 1 in a convertible. I petted Zenyatta.
User avatar
bare it all
Posts: 1098
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:21 pm

Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:51 am

Not sure it's horrible, but I grin about it... there's an Aussie gelding by the lovely Denman named "I Bought A Horse"... he's not much, but he's honest. LOL
Horsebagger
Posts: 1988
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:20 pm

Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:53 pm

Nomorerichblondes just won the Dubai Oaks. I'm guessing the owner has his fill in his harem, and is branching out?
Jumron
Posts: 80
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:14 am

Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:20 am

Not too horrible a name, but a 3 YO filly named Morticia won a turf sprint stakes race at Gulfstream last Saturday. With that name I had to bet on her, and now I can't get the theme song to "The Adams Family" out of my head. :)
Laughter is an instant vacation.....Milton Berle
TBird
Posts: 266
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:09 am

Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:44 am

Jumron wrote:Not too horrible a name, but a 3 YO filly named Morticia won a turf sprint stakes race at Gulfstream last Saturday. With that name I had to bet on her, and now I can't get the theme song to "The Adams Family" out of my head. :)
Morticia is out of Halloween Party. Maybe the owner has fond memories of a Morticia costume?
neighhey
Posts: 733
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:12 pm

Tue May 16, 2017 8:24 pm

While checking out some horses in Argentina, I noticed that a soon-to-be 2YO Sebi Halo colt is named Soylent Green. :(
BlindLucky
Posts: 3314
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:22 am
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Wed May 17, 2017 8:08 am

neighhey wrote:While checking out some horses in Argentina, I noticed that a soon-to-be 2YO Sebi Halo colt is named Soylent Green. :(
At least it's people, not horses.
;)
Photos from my racing travels: ThoroughbredJourney.com
the olline rebel
Posts: 216
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:47 pm
Location: MD

Thu May 18, 2017 8:03 pm

It begins and ends with Bloody Buttocks.
BaroqueAgain1
Posts: 9879
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Thu May 18, 2017 8:41 pm

:shock:
I'm kind of surprised that one got OK'd by the Jockey Club.
User avatar
Katewerk
Posts: 610
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:30 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Thu May 18, 2017 8:43 pm

Shestoyoungforubro
neighhey
Posts: 733
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:12 pm

Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:02 am

Not horrible exactly, but I'd like to nominate the 2017 Grand Reward-Marian Sh Temple colt for "Most Unimaginative Name for a 2017 foal"... :?

Bit of backstory...the mare (who is from a nice family...2nd dam is Classy Mirage) had her 1st foal, Manipuler (ARG), in 2009. He was a GSW and track record setter, and is now standing at stud in Argentina (his 2nd crop of foals are arriving this year). Marian Sh Temple was sold in the dispersal of Haras La Quebrada's broodmare band earlier this year. So now we have a full brother to Manipuler (ARG) being named...I'm Manipuler (ARG).

Why do I feel like this colt's going to go through an identity crisis? :lol:
User avatar
Diver52
Posts: 1655
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:44 pm
Location: Redlands, CA

Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:47 am

Ugh. At least why not "I'm Not Manipuler?" Honestly, I'd be so thrilled to have a horse to name that I'd be wildly creative!
I ran marathons. I saw the Taj Mahal by Moonlight. I drove Highway 1 in a convertible. I petted Zenyatta.
User avatar
serenassong
Posts: 4696
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:36 pm
Location: Connecticut

Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:39 am

neighhey wrote:Not horrible exactly, but I'd like to nominate the 2017 Grand Reward-Marian Sh Temple colt for "Most Unimaginative Name for a 2017 foal"... :?

Bit of backstory...the mare (who is from a nice family...2nd dam is Classy Mirage) had her 1st foal, Manipuler (ARG), in 2009. He was a GSW and track record setter, and is now standing at stud in Argentina (his 2nd crop of foals are arriving this year). Marian Sh Temple was sold in the dispersal of Haras La Quebrada's broodmare band earlier this year. So now we have a full brother to Manipuler (ARG) being named...I'm Manipuler (ARG).

Why do I feel like this colt's going to go through an identity crisis? :lol:
I find that the SA farms generally name their horses a bit better than this from what I have seen- at least not as bizarre as what is here.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
Posts: 4959
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:07 am

Jeremy Balan Retweeted
Loooch Racing Stable @LooochRacing
8h8 hours ago
Man they have long reaching arms it was approved now rejected #cmonman #thesepeople
Image
User avatar
Treve
Posts: 4404
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 5:12 pm

Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:09 am

What was the name hmm
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...


And a Queen named Beholder
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
Posts: 4959
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:15 am

Treve wrote:What was the name hmm
The name is under "Selection: Snubbed by the B C" LOL.
User avatar
Treve
Posts: 4404
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 5:12 pm

Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:18 am

Sparrow Castle wrote:
Treve wrote:What was the name hmm
The name is under "Selection: Snubbed by the B C" LOL.
Sorry I meant, what was the name in reference to :lol: (if it was in reference to a specific incident or if they really just think the horse is that terrible that's another matter lol)
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...


And a Queen named Beholder
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
Posts: 4959
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:52 am

Treve wrote:
Sparrow Castle wrote:
Treve wrote:What was the name hmm
The name is under "Selection: Snubbed by the B C" LOL.
Sorry I meant, what was the name in reference to :lol: (if it was in reference to a specific incident or if they really just think the horse is that terrible that's another matter lol)
Oh sorry. Pretty sure it's a reaction to this incident last year with the BC, although Paolucci is no stranger with controversy.

Paolucci firster denied entry into Breeders' Cup
Owner Ron Paolucci said Tuesday that Breeders’ Cup officials told him they will not accept the entry of his 2-year-old filly Heavenhasmynikki into one of its races this year because she has yet to start in a race.

Paolucci said he paid a $30,000 fee Monday to pre-enter Heavenhasmynikki in the $2 million Juvenile Fillies and $1 million Juvenile Fillies Turf. Paolucci said he preferred to run in the Juvenile Fillies on dirt provided she could get into the field. Pre-entries were due Monday but the fields and the preference order in fields that oversubscribed were not to be announced until Wednesday. A spokesperson for the Breeders’ Cup said the organization would not comment on Heavenhasmynikki until Wednesday’s announcement.

On Twitter, Paolucci posted a response to him from Breeders’ Cup Limited, which, basically said Breeders’ Cup Limited has the discretion to refuse an entry it deems would “compromise the integrity of the Breeders’ Cup World Championships.”

Paolucci said a Breeders’ Cup official told him, “We don’t think you should run a first-time starter in a championship event.”

Paolucci said he was told one concern was if Heavenhasmynikki caused a problem at the gate, to which Paolucci said he replied, “Like Bayern,” referring to the 2014 Breeders’ Cup Classic in which Bayern veered in at the start of the Classic interfering with several horses.

Paolucci, citing the fact there is no rule on the books that would preclude Heavenhasmynikki from running if she were to get into the body of a race, said he is contemplating taking legal action against the Breeders’ Cup.

“I’m definitely going to try and sue them,” Paolucci said.
More: http://www.drf.com/news/paolucci-firste ... eeders-cup
Izvestia
Posts: 3857
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:16 am

Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:58 am

Asshat. Try being a grown-up, then your “imaginative” names might get approved....
Post Reply