RIP Soda Cracker

RIP Soda Cracker

Postby canvasjockey » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:12 pm

Last week I lost a part of me, when we had to give up on fighting to save my first "studio dog" and side kick of more than 11 years. He was not responding to any treatment, and was barely hanging on :( .

So RIP "Auntie" Soda Cracker 5/21/05 - 3/9/17, the most awesome "ferret-mix" of a dog ever there was. He absence is tangible, a huge void I can't escape, it's harder to get through the day than I expected. The other two dogs will have to step up their game, we need them more than ever - they'll just have to put up with a lot of extra lovin' and snugglin' (I think they're bravely willing to take one for the team in that department, lol). I'm only just now getting to the point where I can type about it, still can't talk about it, it's too raw. Hug your pets while you have them!

Sorry in advance for the picspam ^_^ ...

We gave him a nice resting spot outside our fence by the watering hole, so he'll be near us forever...

Carole ~ Equine Artist
Website/Blog - Facebook - Prints and Originals on Etsy & Fine Art America

"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people." - W. C. Fields</div>
canvasjockey

Re: RIP Soda Cracker

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:27 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss, CJ.
Don't apologize for all the photos...they let us know him a little, and see the sweet personality.
And I'm gonna hug my cats, who are usually up for all the attention.
BaroqueAgain1

Postby serenassong » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:44 pm

Im so sorry for your loss
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
serenassong

Postby Starine » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:07 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss. Losing a pet really is like a losing a family member, because they truly are a part of your family. I hope that you are able to find peace during this difficult time, and that perhaps in the future you will be open to welcoming another lucky canine into your heart (I know you still have two.)

He looks like he was quite the character and it sounds like you two were lucky to have found each other. His name is adorable too.
Starine

Postby lurkey mclurker » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:17 pm

I am so sorry for your loss of Soda Cracker - it is obvious how much you loved him and how much personality shines through those pics!

<3
lurkey mclurker

Postby Catalina » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:21 am

The picture with his paw over his eyes is just adorable. RIP "Auntie" Soda Cracker, and a hug to your human who misses you very much.
Catalina

Postby canvasjockey » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:05 pm

Thanks so much guys, it's something most people have to face at some time in their lives. This one hit me harder than I expected, I knew it would be tough, but then I thought he was one of those who would live till 16-17. He's been so healthy and problem free his whole life, then just after Christmas started not seeming quite well and went slowly downhill from there. I couldn't find the desire to go to the track this past weekend, I wasn't ready, but I think this coming weekend will be spent watching the races (it's the last weekend, too)!
Carole ~ Equine Artist
Website/Blog - Facebook - Prints and Originals on Etsy & Fine Art America

"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people." - W. C. Fields</div>
canvasjockey

Return to Horsin' Around