Waiting for news on ...

genuinerizk
Posts: 99
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:21 pm

Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:06 pm

Jet For Yonder (QH) fell badly past the wire today at Louisiana Downs- jockey fell head first.. chart said "fell, vanned off", most likely poor horse didn't make it, but hopefully jockey is ok
BaroqueAgain1
Posts: 9338
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:01 pm

Lawyer Daggett went down on the backstretch of the 2nd at Oaklawn. Didn't see it but his fall apparently caused another to lose his rider.
WarBiscuit
Posts: 1242
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:40 pm
Location: Mount Clemens, MI / Hawks Nest, WV

Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:36 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Lawyer Daggett went down on the backstretch of the 2nd at Oaklawn. Didn't see it but his fall apparently caused another to lose his rider.
Lawyer Daggett is a hard knocking 10yo - hope he is OK, but it didn't look particularly good for him. Little consolation, but another 10yo won the race - Dance Floor Maniac. Fingers crossed for LD...

WarBiscuit
"One horse-laugh is worth ten thousand syllogisms. It is not only more effective; it is also vastly more intelligent." H.L. Mencken
BaroqueAgain1
Posts: 9338
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:24 pm

RIP Lawyer Daggett. :(
Jockey Ricardo Santana Jr. sustained a shoulder injury when thrown from his mount in Thursday's second race at Oaklawn Park, according to a track official. Lawyer Daggett, who fell in the heel-clipping accident, had to be euthanized due to injuries, according to the official.
Santana and jockey Didiel Osorio, who also was involved in the incident, were transported to St. Vincent Hospital in Hot Springs, Ark.
Osorio was diagnosed with a bruised back, while diagnostics revealed Santana has a separated shoulder, according to Oaklawn spokeswoman Jennifer Hoyt.
Osorio's mount, Sea of Change, did not sustain significant injuries.

http://www.drf.com/news/oaklawn-santana ... lder-spill
WarBiscuit
Posts: 1242
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:40 pm
Location: Mount Clemens, MI / Hawks Nest, WV

Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:32 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:RIP Lawyer Daggett. :(
Jockey Ricardo Santana Jr. sustained a shoulder injury when thrown from his mount in Thursday's second race at Oaklawn Park, according to a track official. Lawyer Daggett, who fell in the heel-clipping accident, had to be euthanized due to injuries, according to the official.
Santana and jockey Didiel Osorio, who also was involved in the incident, were transported to St. Vincent Hospital in Hot Springs, Ark.
Osorio was diagnosed with a bruised back, while diagnostics revealed Santana has a separated shoulder, according to Oaklawn spokeswoman Jennifer Hoyt.
Osorio's mount, Sea of Change, did not sustain significant injuries.

http://www.drf.com/news/oaklawn-santana ... lder-spill
I expected as much. Thanks for the info Baroque. RIP Lawyer Daggett.

WarBiscuit
"One horse-laugh is worth ten thousand syllogisms. It is not only more effective; it is also vastly more intelligent." H.L. Mencken
genuinerizk
Posts: 99
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:21 pm

Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:27 pm

Dickens looked like a bad break down in race 1 at Tampa- chart says vanned off.
BaroqueAgain1
Posts: 9338
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:38 pm

The veteran Spud Spivens was eased at the top of the stretch in the 6th at Santa Anita. The last glimpse I got was of Garcia pulling him up as the horse bore out wide toward the outer rail.
That horse has run for a long time and was a decent runner, although now he's running in lower-level claiming. I really hope he's going to make it to retirement. :(
BaroqueAgain1
Posts: 9338
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:45 pm

Hawk's Journey was pulled up very abruptly on the backstretch during the 8th at Santa Anita, a 1-mile MSW for state breds on the turf. Didn't look good.
Not a good day at Santa Anita.
User avatar
Le Beau Bai
Posts: 282
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:48 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:36 am

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Hawk's Journey was pulled up very abruptly on the backstretch during the 8th at Santa Anita, a 1-mile MSW for state breds on the turf. Didn't look good.
Not a good day at Santa Anita.
@DRFAnderson In Thursday's 8th, 13-1 Hawk's Journey was pulled up first turn, and is being taken off track accompanied by a pony. #santaanita #drf
Formally ELPHIE!
"There's more than one way to fly"
In Memory Of Our Racehorses - https://www.facebook.com/inmemoryofourracehorses
peeptoad
Posts: 2640
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:53 pm

Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:10 am

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:The veteran Spud Spivens was eased at the top of the stretch in the 6th at Santa Anita. The last glimpse I got was of Garcia pulling him up as the horse bore out wide toward the outer rail.
That horse has run for a long time and was a decent runner, although now he's running in lower-level claiming. I really hope he's going to make it to retirement. :(
Hope this guy is okay. Been following him since his debut.
User avatar
Katewerk
Posts: 572
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:30 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:57 pm

peeptoad wrote:
BaroqueAgain1 wrote:The veteran Spud Spivens was eased at the top of the stretch in the 6th at Santa Anita. The last glimpse I got was of Garcia pulling him up as the horse bore out wide toward the outer rail.
That horse has run for a long time and was a decent runner, although now he's running in lower-level claiming. I really hope he's going to make it to retirement. :(
Hope this guy is okay. Been following him since his debut.
I think he's ok. The facebook page published two photos of him on March 9th, one that looks to be new, and results of his March 9th race.


https://www.facebook.com/Spud-Spivens-2 ... 6/?fref=ts
User avatar
PONYRCR
Posts: 157
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:51 pm

Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:19 pm

Royal Saint in the 8th at Laurel. He dropped like a stone. From the tone of voice of the track announcer I'm guessing it's not good news.

I was trying to watch this race and one at Oaklawn at the same time so I only caught Royal Saint going down out of the corner of my eye.

In an unfortunate coincidence about a decade or so ago I used to follow another horse named Royal Saint who also died in a race I was watching.
User avatar
serenassong
Posts: 4695
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:36 pm
Location: Connecticut

Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:41 pm

PONYRCR wrote:Royal Saint in the 8th at Laurel. He dropped like a stone. From the tone of voice of the track announcer I'm guessing it's not good news.

I was trying to watch this race and one at Oaklawn at the same time so I only caught Royal Saint going down out of the corner of my eye.

In an unfortunate coincidence about a decade or so ago I used to follow another horse named Royal Saint who also died in a race I was watching.

Chart says he broke down and fell- that generally means he has been released from pain.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
User avatar
PONYRCR
Posts: 157
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:51 pm

Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:42 pm

serenassong wrote:
PONYRCR wrote:Royal Saint in the 8th at Laurel. He dropped like a stone. From the tone of voice of the track announcer I'm guessing it's not good news.

I was trying to watch this race and one at Oaklawn at the same time so I only caught Royal Saint going down out of the corner of my eye.

In an unfortunate coincidence about a decade or so ago I used to follow another horse named Royal Saint who also died in a race I was watching.

Chart says he broke down and fell- that generally means he has been released from pain.
That's what I was afraid of.
User avatar
PONYRCR
Posts: 157
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:51 pm

Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:57 pm

Found a tweet on Twitter from Jim Dunleavy that Royal Saint was euthanized. :(
BaroqueAgain1
Posts: 9338
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:45 pm

Nowalking was pulled up on the backstretch of the Triple Bend at Santa Anita. He was moving very awkwardly but his rider was having a hard time getting him stopped. :(
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
Posts: 4657
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:48 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Nowalking was pulled up on the backstretch of the Triple Bend at Santa Anita. He was moving very awkwardly but his rider was having a hard time getting him stopped. :(
Jeremy Balan‏ @BH_JBalan
Phil D'Amato says Nowalking injured himself in Triple Bend. Didn't disclose details, but said "owners will have a tough decision to make"
BaroqueAgain1
Posts: 9338
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:11 pm

Two horses went down approaching the quarter pole of the 7th at Gulfstream (a 1 1/16-mile $25,000 maiden claiming on the grass), Stormy's Return and Tito Control. It looked bad, never good when two horses fall.

ETA: Caton Bredar just gave an update on the horses; Tito Control looks to be OK but will be checked back at the barn, Stormy's Return was euthanized on the track. :( Both jocks were up and walking.
BaroqueAgain1
Posts: 9338
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:55 pm

The Ron Ellis-trained Bobbie Lincoln, winner of the 5th at Santa Anita, was dismounted on the backstretch by Joe Talmo after her win. Vanned off, per TVG.
:(
peeptoad
Posts: 2640
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:53 pm

Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:45 am

Katewerk wrote:
peeptoad wrote:
BaroqueAgain1 wrote:The veteran Spud Spivens was eased at the top of the stretch in the 6th at Santa Anita. The last glimpse I got was of Garcia pulling him up as the horse bore out wide toward the outer rail.
That horse has run for a long time and was a decent runner, although now he's running in lower-level claiming. I really hope he's going to make it to retirement. :(
Hope this guy is okay. Been following him since his debut.
I think he's ok. The facebook page published two photos of him on March 9th, one that looks to be new, and results of his March 9th race.


https://www.facebook.com/Spud-Spivens-2 ... 6/?fref=ts
Thanks katewerk
Post Reply