Tepin

User avatar
Sparrow Castle
Posts: 4726
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:17 am

Scott Hazelton ‏@ScottTVG
Robert Masterson confirms to me Tepin will run next year. @tvg
User avatar
Treve
Posts: 4174
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 5:12 pm

Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:32 am

Sparrow Castle wrote:Scott Hazelton ‏@ScottTVG
Robert Masterson confirms to me Tepin will run next year. @tvg
Wonderful news!
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...


And a Queen named Beholder
Tessablue
Posts: 3412
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:29 am
Location: Boston

Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:33 am

Sparrow Castle wrote:Scott Hazelton ‏@ScottTVG
Robert Masterson confirms to me Tepin will run next year. @tvg
YEAH
peeptoad
Posts: 2665
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:53 pm

Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:53 am

David Grening
‏@DRFGrening
Owner Robert Masterson said he's "seriously thinking" about sending Tepin to Hong Kong for the mile race in December. She also runs in 2017.
User avatar
Northport
Posts: 1976
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:13 pm
Location: probably near the food

Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:45 pm

Yay! So exciting!!
weeeeeeeee
shenanigans
Posts: 46
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:01 pm

Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:15 pm

Sparrow Castle wrote:Scott Hazelton ‏@ScottTVG
Robert Masterson confirms to me Tepin will run next year. @tvg
This makes me SOOO happy!!
User avatar
Starine
Posts: 3958
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:39 am
Location: South Carolina

Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:18 pm

Beholder is a great mare, but I think what Tepin accomplished this season was truly extraordinary. I'm sorry she will lose the Champion Older Mare title to the former.
Tessablue
Posts: 3412
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:29 am
Location: Boston

Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:24 pm

Starine wrote:Beholder is a great mare, but I think what Tepin accomplished this season was truly extraordinary. I'm sorry she will lose the Champion Older Mare title to the former.
I think it's specifically Older Dirt Mare now, so no worries! I am sad she missed out on HOTY, though. She's absolutely wonderful.
User avatar
Starine
Posts: 3958
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:39 am
Location: South Carolina

Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:05 pm

She will bypass the Hong Kong Mile with an eye towards next year's Dubai Turf (formerly Dubai Duty Free).
User avatar
Dusty
Posts: 587
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:51 pm
Location: Dana Point, Ca
Contact:

Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:50 am

Starine wrote:She will bypass the Hong Kong Mile with an eye towards next year's Dubai Turf (formerly Dubai Duty Free).
Thank God - was not a wise choice - such a wonderful mare - give her a break and GO!
May they run with the WIND
luvsgeldings
Posts: 826
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:18 pm

Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:57 am

looking forward to seeing this sweet wonderful mare run again too!
blamethewinner
Posts: 515
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:08 pm

Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:10 am

Glad to hear Tepin is coming back, but the Dubai Turf is one of the toughest races in the world. It'll be a tall task.

All of this does increase the likelihood we get a Tepin vs Lady Eli showdown at some point in 2017 too.
User avatar
Treve
Posts: 4174
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 5:12 pm

Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:33 am

Image
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...


And a Queen named Beholder
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
Posts: 4726
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:04 pm

XBTV‏@WatchXBTV
#Tepin worked 5F on the outside in :59.80 at Palm Meadows this morning!
Watch more exclusive works on-demand at: http://www.xbtv.com/
https://twitter.com/WatchXBTV/status/826864409783914496
stark
Posts: 3967
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:55 am
Location: SoCal

Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:28 pm

Tepin won't run Saturday but is NOT retired
Two-time champion mare TEPIN had a touch of colic yesterday at her Palm Meadows training base and had to be treated for it, eliminating her from consideration for what trainer Mark Casse had planned to be her 6yo debut, the G3 Endeavour Stakes on Saturday at Tampa Bay Downs.

We'll have full details up soon on http://www.drf.com, but Casse emphasized that the mare is fine and should be able to return to training soon to point for other races. "We definitely intend to run her this year," he said. "Whether this means we'll miss going to Dubai, I don't know. Regardless, there are plenty of other races for her this year."

http://live.drf.com/nuggets/35048
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
User avatar
Treve
Posts: 4174
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 5:12 pm

Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:03 pm

stark wrote:Tepin won't run Saturday but is NOT retired
Two-time champion mare TEPIN had a touch of colic yesterday at her Palm Meadows training base and had to be treated for it, eliminating her from consideration for what trainer Mark Casse had planned to be her 6yo debut, the G3 Endeavour Stakes on Saturday at Tampa Bay Downs.

We'll have full details up soon on http://www.drf.com, but Casse emphasized that the mare is fine and should be able to return to training soon to point for other races. "We definitely intend to run her this year," he said. "Whether this means we'll miss going to Dubai, I don't know. Regardless, there are plenty of other races for her this year."

http://live.drf.com/nuggets/35048
Oh no. Get well soon lady!
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...


And a Queen named Beholder
BaroqueAgain1
Posts: 9559
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:50 pm

Mark Casse didn't have the best weekend, did he? First his two-year-old champ has a meltdown before the Holy Bull, and then his star mare has a bout of colic, which is always scary for a trainer, not matter how minor the colic turns out to be. :(
stark
Posts: 3967
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:55 am
Location: SoCal

Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:21 am

Best read from the bottom up.

David Grening‏ @DRFGrening 34m34 minutes ago

Casse said he will talk to owner Robert Masterson about Tepin's future.

David Grening‏ @DRFGrening 34m34 minutes ago

Mark Casse said Tepin is in heat and didn't want to go. "We're not going to make her do something she doesn't want to do," he said.

David Grening‏ @DRFGrening 1h1 hour ago

Tepin will not breeze.

David Grening‏ @DRFGrening 1h1 hour ago

Tepin, thus far, is not agreeable to working. Leparoux continues to try and coax her.

David Grening‏ @DRFGrening 1h1 hour ago

Tepin, Leparoux up, about to breeze at Palm Meadows
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
User avatar
honneerider
Posts: 210
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:22 pm
Contact:

Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:04 pm

Saw that and thought similar to Classic Empire not wanting to work there. Bet he cannot wait to get his string to Churchill!
BaroqueAgain1
Posts: 9559
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:49 pm

The fact that she was in heat kind of puts things in perspective. She'll probably be fine when her hormones settle down. ;)
Post Reply