Page 1 of 29

Retirements 2014

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:52 pm
by TapitsGal
The Lumber Guy kicks off 2014 with his retirement to Keane Stud in Armenia NY...he'll stand in NY as property of Spendthrift Farm

Re: Retirements 2014

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:03 am
by second_glance
Rail Trip retired to Old Friends.


Also, am hearing that 7yo Tuvia's Force (Mineshaft) has been retired to ReRun by his connections (Lucky Shamrock Stable/Zito).

Re: Retirements 2014

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:15 pm
by ChampionCurlin
According to @inkmarksofsu, Lord Kanaloa (JPN) has been retired. Can't find any other sources to confirm it though. If true, I'll be sad to see him go. He was my favorite overseas horse. But what a great career he has had.

Re: Retirements 2014

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:22 pm
by second_glance
Oh So Awesome is an 11yo hard-knocking gelding that had been on several watch lists because of his age, his mileage (74 starts), and the fact that he was running, mostly unsuccessfully, in bottom claimers at Beulah. Fortunately, his trainer has told Gail Hirt that he is retired and will go to Aikendale.

Re: Retirements 2014

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:36 pm
by serenassong
second_glance wrote:Oh So Awesome is an 11yo hard-knocking gelding that had been on several watch lists because of his age, his mileage (74 starts), and the fact that he was running, mostly unsuccessfully, in bottom claimers at Beulah. Fortunately, his trainer has told Gail Hirt that he is retired and will go to Aikendale.


Lovely! It's heaven for horses around here!

Re: Retirements 2014

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:05 am
by second_glance
6yo mare Euronfire (Eurosilver) was hip #925 at KEEJan today. Three Chimneys was the consignor; Patti Davis was the buyer. For $5500. The Three Chimney handlers put a nifty new coat on her and put her back in their snazzy van -- and took her to New Vocations. (Don't know who put up what money.) She's a beauty and will eventually make someone very happy.

Image

Re: Retirements 2014

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:11 am
by genuinerisk
Thank God Oh So Awesome is retiring! I got to meet him a few trainers ago and was considering buying him- I was shocked to see he was still racing- and at Beulah of all places. To go from being in the Belmont Stakes to Beulah...Big thank you to his trainer!

Re: Retirements 2014

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:55 am
by Catalina
second_glance wrote:6yo mare Euronfire (Eurosilver) was hip #925 at KEEJan today. Three Chimneys was the consignor; Patti Davis was the buyer. For $5500. The Three Chimney handlers put a nifty new coat on her and put her back in their snazzy van -- and took her to New Vocations. (Don't know who put up what money.) She's a beauty and will eventually make someone very happy.

Image


Wonderful, wonderful news! Thank you Patty Davis and all the others involved in making this possible.

Re: Retirements 2014

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:57 am
by Catalina
genuinerisk wrote:Thank God Oh So Awesome is retiring! I got to meet him a few trainers ago and was considering buying him- I was shocked to see he was still racing- and at Beulah of all places. To go from being in the Belmont Stakes to Beulah...Big thank you to his trainer!


Likewise, thank you for gifting him with a second career!

Re: Retirements 2014

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:11 pm
by second_glance
G1 winner Sweet Lulu has been retired with a minor injury. She'll be a broodmare; deal pending.

http://www.drf.com/news/santa-anita-tes ... lu-retired