Page 14 of 15

Re: Retirements 2014

Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:27 pm
by serenassong

Re: Retirements 2014

Posted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:15 am
by Life At Zen
BlindLucky wrote:This is just official acknowledgement that JJ's Lucky Train was claimed and retired earlier this year and is headed off to stud in WV :D

http://jjsluckytrain.com/
JJ and Anna and Their Long Journey Together

http://cs.bloodhorse.com/blogs/horse-ra ... z3JtCOijNI

Re: Retirements 2014

Posted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:22 pm
by WarBiscuit
Life At Zen wrote:
BlindLucky wrote:This is just official acknowledgement that JJ's Lucky Train was claimed and retired earlier this year and is headed off to stud in WV :D

http://jjsluckytrain.com/
JJ and Anna and Their Long Journey Together

http://cs.bloodhorse.com/blogs/horse-ra ... z3JtCOijNI
Great story. Thanks for posting this. I followed him early on and then lost track of him as he made the descent. Thanks to Anna and all involved who have
made him a very lucky horse. I hope he does well at regional stud duty...

WarBiscuit

Re: Retirements 2014

Posted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:01 pm
by BaroqueAgain1
Hudson Landing
http://www.drf.com/news/grade-3-winning ... utah-ranch
"Hudson Landing, who finished his career with 12 wins, eight seconds, 11 thirds, and $561,343 in earnings, will become [owner] Chappell’s personal riding horse at his ranches in Utah and Idaho."

Re: Retirements 2014

Posted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:01 pm
by BlindLucky
BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Hudson Landing
http://www.drf.com/news/grade-3-winning ... utah-ranch
"Hudson Landing, who finished his career with 12 wins, eight seconds, 11 thirds, and $561,343 in earnings, will become [owner] Chappell’s personal riding horse at his ranches in Utah and Idaho."
That's a really cool story. He claimed Hudson Landing in 2012, and while it's probably sad to know he won't be running anymore, it's gotta be fun to know that he'll be coming home in time for the holidays and can spend a nice, sound retirement as a riding horse at his place :D

Re: Retirements 2014

Posted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:16 pm
by BaroqueAgain1
Eighttofasttocatch finishes his racehorse career as a winner (and a millionaire), and now heads off to a second career as an event horse.
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... nnings-win

Re: Retirements 2014

Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:02 am
by BlindLucky
Multiple stakes winner Gourmet Dinner has been retired through NYTHA's Take The Lead program. He'll head to New Vocations Racehorse Adoption Program to be re-trained for a second career.

Re: Retirements 2014

Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:34 pm
by WarBiscuit
BlindLucky wrote:Multiple stakes winner Gourmet Dinner has been retired through NYTHA's Take The Lead program. He'll head to New Vocations Racehorse Adoption Program to be re-trained for a second career.
Glad to hear it. He struggled this past year. Goes out a millionaire - healthy, happy and sound. Can't do better than that!

Good luck to Gourmet Dinner in his new career...

WarBiscuit

Re: Retirements 2014

Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:58 pm
by BlindLucky
BlindLucky wrote:Multiple stakes winner Gourmet Dinner has been retired through NYTHA's Take The Lead program. He'll head to New Vocations Racehorse Adoption Program to be re-trained for a second career.
Gourmet Dinner has arrived for some letdown and post-track training, and is apparently a perfect gentleman :)

Image

Re: Retirements 2014

Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:13 pm
by Izvestia
Strathnaver retired. What a nice mare!

http://www.drf.com/news/strathnaver-retired

Re: Retirements 2014

Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:09 pm
by BlindLucky
A brief story on Gourmet Dinner retiring to New Vocations, as well as four Drawing Away Stables retirees who have been sent to Old Friends (Photon, Z Dager, Litigate, and Sokitumi Samurai).

http://offtrackthoroughbreds.com/2014/1 ... s-new-voc/

Edit: Although I'm not sure exactly how Drawing Away was involved in their retirements, as were several people in the comments section.

Re: Retirements 2014

Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:35 pm
by BlindLucky
BlindLucky wrote:Chips All In retired after a minor injury during a workout on June 26.

http://www.paulickreport.com/news/blood ... or-injury/

Chips All In is entered for a $40k tag today after three posted workouts in the last month (although two of them were in Utah, so maybe he had more but they weren't officially recorded?)

This was the quote from one of the owners last year, when they announced his retirement last July:
“He’s done more than we ever thought he would and we want to do what’s right by him,” Valdez said.

Re: Retirements 2014

Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:10 pm
by Izvestia
BlindLucky wrote:
BlindLucky wrote:Chips All In retired after a minor injury during a workout on June 26.

http://www.paulickreport.com/news/blood ... or-injury/

Chips All In is entered for a $40k tag today after three posted workouts in the last month (although two of them were in Utah, so maybe he had more but they weren't officially recorded?)

This was the quote from one of the owners last year, when they announced his retirement last July:
“He’s done more than we ever thought he would and we want to do what’s right by him,” Valdez said.
WTF?