Rally Cap Rudy & Toody Muldoon

BrawnsMom

Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:29 pm

I wish I had found this forum a few months ago. I am hoping hoping HOPING that someone can help me find out what has happened to a favorite claimer of mine (and one I would claim if I won the lottery - like a lot of us say I'm sure!), Rally Cap Rudy.

He's a 5 yo WA bred gelding, raced at Emerald Downs last year under his owner/breeder/trainer, but was then claimed when she took him to Hastings, and wound up at Turf Paradise where he was claimed again, and the last record I've been able to find was of a 2 April 2018 race in which he did uncharacteristically poorly (no recorded breakdown or 'vanned off' on the chart). No recorded workouts or races since then, and his trainer and owner have moved on to Wyoming Downs and then Elko Fair. I even contacted his former owner/trainer/breeder, and she wasn't able to find out anything about his whereabouts either, and searching rescue sites and anywhere else I can think of hasn't borne fruit. Frankly, I'm expecting to find out the worst. :(

Also would it be possible to find out what happened to a horse I groomed back in 1988, Toody Muldoon? Equibase says he raced his last race the month after I stopped working for that trainer (November), and it was a DNF. Knowing him, I assume he broke down and wasn't able to be pulled up quickly, but is it possible to find out any official details that far back?
Flanders

Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:16 am

BrawnsMom wrote:
He's a 5 yo WA bred gelding, raced at Emerald Downs last year under his owner/breeder/trainer, but was then claimed when she took him to Hastings, and wound up at Turf Paradise where he was claimed again, and the last record I've been able to find was of a 2 April 2018 race in which he did uncharacteristically poorly (no recorded breakdown or 'vanned off' on the chart). No recorded workouts or races since then, and his trainer and owner have moved on to Wyoming Downs and then Elko Fair. I even contacted his former owner/trainer/breeder, and she wasn't able to find out anything about his whereabouts either, and searching rescue sites and anywhere else I can think of hasn't borne fruit. Frankly, I'm expecting to find out the worst. :(
Maybe they are giving him a break? Turf Paradise only races October to May. He does not have a death listed on the Jockey Club, though honestly that means little.
The owner/trainer have recently started horses in what I guess is the fair circuit, or maybe even rodeo circuit. I never heard of these places before and I've been following horse racing for awhile. The have had starters recently at Elko Fair and White Pine Racing, which are both located in Nevada. Having never heard of the places before, I used google maps and they have rodeo looking grounds inside of a racetrack oval. Maybe they are running him in mixed breed races which won't pull up on Equibase. Hopefully for you, he will show up in a race at Turf Paradise in October.
BrawnsMom wrote:
Also would it be possible to find out what happened to a horse I groomed back in 1988, Toody Muldoon? Equibase says he raced his last race the month after I stopped working for that trainer (November), and it was a DNF. Knowing him, I assume he broke down and wasn't able to be pulled up quickly, but is it possible to find out any official details that far back?
You probably aren't going to find anything unless someone here specifically remembers. Equibase doesn't offer full charts back that far, I think they start in 1990. The Jockey Club wont have him on their registry webpage either because they release names that aren't actively being used after X amount of years.
BrawnsMom

Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:19 pm

Flanders wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:16 am
Maybe they are giving him a break? Turf Paradise only races October to May. He does not have a death listed on the Jockey Club, though honestly that means little.
The owner/trainer have recently started horses in what I guess is the fair circuit, or maybe even rodeo circuit. I never heard of these places before and I've been following horse racing for awhile. The have had starters recently at Elko Fair and White Pine Racing, which are both located in Nevada. Having never heard of the places before, I used google maps and they have rodeo looking grounds inside of a racetrack oval. Maybe they are running him in mixed breed races which won't pull up on Equibase. Hopefully for you, he will show up in a race at Turf Paradise in October.
Well, not having a death on record does give me a little hope, so thank you for finding that out for me. :) And I do hope he shows back up at TP...maybe his former trainer will be able to get him back if she winters down there this year.
You probably aren't going to find anything unless someone here specifically remembers. Equibase doesn't offer full charts back that far, I think they start in 1990. The Jockey Club wont have him on their registry webpage either because they release names that aren't actively being used after X amount of years.
I do know someone I could contact, but I'm not sure he'd bother with someone who was a bratty 19 year old when she worked for his dad back when he was a bratty 16 year old. XD XD XD Besides, I knew the horse and he wouldn't have stopped if something happened which is what it looks like.