Leggera

Flanders

Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:22 am

G1 winner from the late 90s, ran 2nd in the Prix de l`Arc de Triomphe.

She had 4 foals and none of them were named? Its so strange, does anyone know what happened? Bad luck that they all died before being named?
serenassong

Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:33 am

Flanders wrote:G1 winner from the late 90s, ran 2nd in the Prix de l`Arc de Triomphe.

She had 4 foals and none of them were named? Its so strange, does anyone know what happened? Bad luck that they all died before being named?
There are no death reports via JC- but its not a requirement to file a death report- so take that with a grain of salt. Its is very strange.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
Catalina

Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:06 pm

When I try to query the owner's name, I come up with a Hildegard Focke who appears to be a sport horse breeder and a member of the German national equestrian federation "FN".
serenassong

Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:39 pm

Catalina wrote:When I try to query the owner's name, I come up with a Hildegard Focke who appears to be a sport horse breeder and a member of the German national equestrian federation "FN".
That could explain some things- perhaps registered in another book? But why not do a dual reg if that was the case- seen it done before. She was bred to all TB sires.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
Catalina

Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:33 pm

Don't the sport horse folks usually breed warmblood mares to TB stallions? Maybe she was hoping to get a colt? I don't know.

Even had she got a colt foal. he may not have been able to get himself approved by the breed association, so then his offspring could not be registered there either.
Flanders

Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:03 pm

I just thought it was really strange that none of her foals were ever registered. She was also exported at some point.
Catalina

Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:37 pm

Flanders wrote:I just thought it was really strange that none of her foals were ever registered. She was also exported at some point.
Exported to where?
mariasmon

Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:35 pm

Flanders wrote:I just thought it was really strange that none of her foals were ever registered. She was also exported at some point.
They were registered, just not named.

She was exported because she raced primarily in Europe, then came over here for the 1998 Breeders Cup, but returned to Europe and continued racing there for another year. Then she came back to the US again and was bred.