Smooth Roller

Re: Smooth Roller

Postby Izvestia » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:38 am

Thanks for finding out, it's nice to hear about horses like this.
Izvestia

Postby Ziggypop » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:17 pm

Curtis wrote:I just ran into Victor Garcia. He said Smooth Roller came up with some more problems so he gave him away to a good home.

Those words always make me nervous.
Ziggypop

Postby Curtis » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:25 pm

Ziggypop wrote:
Curtis wrote:I just ran into Victor Garcia. He said Smooth Roller came up with some more problems so he gave him away to a good home.

Those words always make me nervous.

I understand the trepidation, really I do, but what would he have needed to reply for people to be satisfied?
Curtis

Postby Izvestia » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:12 pm

Is it this trainer's words in particular or all trainers?
I mean, my OTTB was given a good home 9 years ago and he's currently fat, spoiled, and well loved.
Why wouldn't they give him a good home?
Izvestia

Postby Catalina » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:36 am

Izvestia wrote:Is it this trainer's words in particular or all trainers?
I mean, my OTTB was given a good home 9 years ago and he's currently fat, spoiled, and well loved.
Why wouldn't they give him a good home?

I think there is some concern with the horse, per Garcia, "having come up with some more problems". Such horses attract a higher percentage of "good homes" that lead all too fast to the meat man. Some time because the "good home" underestimated the amount of time and $ required to fix those problems, and some times because the "good home" bit was never more than a convenient lie to get their hands on a free or cheap horse for slaughter.
Catalina

Postby Curtis » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:01 pm

A horse can also have "racehorse" problems that won't keep them from being a riding horse.
Curtis

Postby Cosmo88 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:16 am

I think it's interesting that Fipke says she doesn't fit too many stallions. Mentioned only two that she does fit, Unbridled's Song and Medaglia d'Oro. Guess we'll have lots of "confusable" names for many years to come, lol.

จีคลับบนมือถือ
Cosmo88

Postby Curtis » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:43 pm

Cosmo88 wrote:I think it's interesting that Fipke says she doesn't fit too many stallions. Mentioned only two that she does fit, Unbridled's Song and Medaglia d'Oro. Guess we'll have lots of "confusable" names for many years to come, lol.

จีคลับบนมือถือ

?
Curtis

Postby Flanders » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:43 pm

Curtis wrote:
Cosmo88 wrote:I think it's interesting that Fipke says she doesn't fit too many stallions. Mentioned only two that she does fit, Unbridled's Song and Medaglia d'Oro. Guess we'll have lots of "confusable" names for many years to come, lol.

จีคลับบนมือถือ

?

Its a bot copying messages from other threads posting them and hiding a link in the bottom of the message to another site that is probably malware or a virus.
Flanders

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:49 pm

Can our Administrator delete these malware-hiding posts? Seems like that would be advisable.
BaroqueAgain1

Previous

Return to Whatever Happened To?