Smooth Roller

Smooth Roller

Postby Curtis » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:28 pm

He went back into training late last May, but I don't think he ever recorded a work. Does anyone know if they are still planning to bring him back?
Curtis

Re: Smooth Roller

Postby MTO » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:11 pm

Curtis wrote:He went back into training late last May, but I don't think he ever recorded a work. Does anyone know if they are still planning to bring him back?

I was trying to find something on Smooth Roller too, and can't find anything. It's been almost 1.5 years since he last raced.

Anyone?
MTO

Postby Curtis » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:52 pm

He's six now and I don't think he debuted until he was four. I'm guessing the next time we hear of him it'll be on an OTTB thread. I hope I'm wrong because he sure has talent.
Curtis

Postby Curtis » Tue May 16, 2017 8:32 pm

Looks like he's been working once a week since April 30, three works thus far with the most recent being this past Saturday, 5/13.
Curtis

Postby Happy Endings » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:57 pm

Any further news? Have been wondering about him for a long time. I think only 4 races as a 4 yo the summer of 2015. He was awesome in the Awesome Again. He's a big guy and that may be part of the problem. Would love to see him make it back to the track.
Happy Endings

Postby Curtis » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:42 pm

Happy Endings wrote:Any further news? Have been wondering about him for a long time. I think only 4 races as a 4 yo the summer of 2015. He was awesome in the Awesome Again. He's a big guy and that may be part of the problem. Would love to see him make it back to the track.

I saw he was working once a week or so since April, the last being a very slow 6f on June 9. Since that and the other 6f work were slow and he hasn't worked now in over three weeks something might have again cropped up. When a horse with his type of ability doesn't make it into the gate until the summer of their 4yo year and then needs a year and a half off after four races, chances are that horse is not the soundest individual.
Curtis

Postby Happy Endings » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:44 pm

Curtis wrote:
Happy Endings wrote:Any further news? Have been wondering about him for a long time. I think only 4 races as a 4 yo the summer of 2015. He was awesome in the Awesome Again. He's a big guy and that may be part of the problem. Would love to see him make it back to the track.

I saw he was working once a week or so since April, the last being a very slow 6f on June 9. Since that and the other 6f work were slow and he hasn't worked now in over three weeks something might have again cropped up. When a horse with his type of ability doesn't make it into the gate until the summer of their 4yo year and then needs a year and a half off after four races, chances are that horse is not the soundest individual.

Yes, that was my worry. And I remember back during that summer of 2015 his trainer talked about why he got such a late start to his career and said that when they were training him they had to stop on him a couple of times, which suggested that he had physical issues. At the time I was hoping they had just needed to let him grow more and then he would be okay, but maybe not. :-(
Happy Endings

Postby Curtis » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:56 pm

I just ran into Victor Garcia. He said Smooth Roller came up with some more problems so he gave him away to a good home.
Curtis

Postby Diver52 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:39 pm

Hope it really is a "good home." :?
I ran marathons. I saw the Taj Mahal by Moonlight. I drove Highway 1 in a convertible. I petted Zenyatta.
Diver52

Postby Curtis » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:44 am

Diver52 wrote:Hope it really is a "good home." :?

I didn't have my Polygraph machine with me. At least he didn't say he went to live on his groom's farm in Mexico. ;) In all seriousness, Smooth Roller is a big, athletic good looking boy. If sound enough, he could look awfully good in a show arena. I'm sure he'll be cared for...at least for awhile. Now my next quest is to find out where Melatonin might be.
Curtis

Next

Return to Whatever Happened To?