In memoriam 2017

Re: In memoriam 2017

Postby TapitsGal » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:53 am

Fast Talkin Man
TapitsGal

Postby CoronadosQuest » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:04 pm

Discreetly Leah broke down in the 2nd race at Los Alamitos yesterday, pretty bad too. She was euthanized on the track.
CoronadosQuest

Postby Le Beau Bai » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:17 am

Copied over from my Facebook page, In Memory Of Our Racehorses. Date is written as day/month.

1/9 - Behind the Times - Brokedown at Timonium (death report with JC)
1/9 - Cuban Argument - Brokedown at Timonium (death report with JC)
4/9 - Bay City Blues - Fractured right fore sesamoid at Finger Lakes
6/9 - Timber - Paralyzed arytenoids (roaring), treatment was not successful at Finger Lakes
7/9 - Hardwin - Pulled up injured at Delaware
7/9 - Just Zip It - Finished 4th, collapsed fatally post-race at Arlington
9/9 - Holy Zendaya - Brokedown at Charles Town
9/9 - Mutazen - Brokedown left foreleg at Kentucky Downs
12/9 - Lady Lilyann - Pulled up sharply, injured at Thistledown
12/9 - Cherishabull - Fell, injured at Louisiana Downs
12/9 - Ice Maker - Colic, failed to respond to treatment at Finger Lakes
15/9 - Bullet Bobby - Fell over a fallen rival and was subsequently collapsed fatally when walking back to his barn. The other four horses, including the fallen horse, walked away at Charles Town
15/9 - Clear Status -Brokedown left foreleg, fell at Penn National
16/9 - You're My Favorite - Brokedown, unseated rider at Fairmount
16/9 - Mi Padre - Bumped by other competitor, fell, injured at Louisiana Downs
Formally ELPHIE!
"There's more than one way to fly"
In Memory Of Our Racehorses - https://www.facebook.com/inmemoryofourracehorses
Le Beau Bai

Postby lurkey mclurker » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:07 pm

Penny (Tweedy) Chenery, Secretariat's owner & a powerful figure in horse racing, RIP. At age 95 she had a hell of a run, didn't she?

Jay Privman‏ @DRFPrivman 58s 59 seconds ago

Awful to learn of the passing of Penny Chenery, Secretariat's owner, beloved racing figure, from a stroke at age 95 on Saturday.

from Ray Paulick's twitter:
lurkey mclurker

Postby short_lead » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:10 am

What a life! Rest in peace!
short_lead

Postby Jumron » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:07 am

Sparrow Castle wrote:His photos were amazing. RIP, Mr. Anderson.

Frank Anderson, who photographed iconic Kentucky moments for 42 years, dies at 73
Longtime Herald-Leader photographer Frank Anderson, 73, died Thursday at University of Kentucky Chandler Hospital.

Anderson was a member of the Lafayette High School camera club when he joined the newspaper staff in 1960, working in the darkroom.

He spent 42 years at the Herald-Leader, photographing the likes of John and Bobby Kennedy, Lyndon Johnson and Richard Nixon. He regularly captured the horses crossing the finish line at the Kentucky Derby and documented iconic moments in the history of University of Kentucky basketball, including Adolph Rupp’s last game at Memorial Coliseum.

In 2003, Anderson won an Eclipse Award from the National Thoroughbred Racing Association for his photo of a runaway horse bearing down on jockey Patty Cooksey, who lay injured on the track at Keeneland as track personnel tried to help her.

http://www.kentucky.com/news/local/counties/fayette-county/article169161517.html
Frank Anderson won the 2003 Eclipse Award for this photo, taken April 12, 2003, at Keeneland Race Track. EMT Will Lockridge (left) and horse ambulance driver Mike Stout, tried to divert the course of Classikas and protect jockey Patti Cooksey, the second-winningest female jockey, after her mount Ide Rather Not, was involved in a three horse spill in the first turn in the first race at Keeneland. In top right is jockey Iosencio Diego that was riding Clasikas. Cooksey broke both legs, her right tibia and left femur. FRANK ANDERSON LEXINGTON HERALD-LEADER
I remember that race all too well and remember this incident on the first turn....it was my first race I'd ever seen at Keeneland, it was Bluegrass Stakes day, and I was there with several TBC forum members...was loving being at Keeneland but after seeing this race, which I recall was a middle level claiming race with mainly TP horses, I prayed the day wouldn't get any crazier.
Laughter is an instant vacation.....Milton Berle
Jumron

Postby Life At Zen » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:56 pm

Stakes winner Top Fortitude after breaking down at Belmont during a claiming race.

He was second to Bayern in the 2014 Woody Stephens.
Last edited by Life At Zen on Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A R R O G A T E
Paradise Woods, Lady Eli, Songbird, Ziconic
Gormley, Royal Mo, Shaman Ghost, Constellation

Once upon a time there was a horse named Kelso.
But only once. ~Joe Hirsch
Life At Zen

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:58 pm

I believe Top Fortitude broke down during a race this last Sunday, not in a workout.
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=120&start=1230
BaroqueAgain1

Postby TapitsGal » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:32 am

French event rider Maxime Debost was killed during the cross country phase of a CCI* in France. Rotational fall. Both horse and rider were experienced international competitors having twelve years experience at that level
TapitsGal

Previous

Return to Whatever Happened To?