In memoriam 2017

Re: In memoriam 2017

Postby mariasmon » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:11 pm

Flute wrote:Unless we missed another breakdown here it was actually the 5, Gorgeous Kitten with Geroux up. They took Geroux off on a stretcher but announced that he was "sitting up, active, and talking."

What do you mean? It was definitely Permian who broke down and was euthanized. William Buick was taken off on a stretcher.
mariasmon

Postby Catalina » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:16 pm

Flute wrote:Unless we missed another breakdown here it was actually the 5, Gorgeous Kitten with Geroux up. They took Geroux off on a stretcher but announced that he was "sitting up, active, and talking."

Bloodhorse also reports it as having been Permian.
Catalina

Postby ThreeMustangs » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:23 pm

Catalina wrote:

Bloodhorse also reports it as having been Permian.

Plus Geroux is riding Oscar Nominated in the Arlington Million right now.
ThreeMustangs

Postby Flute » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:04 pm

Ok, my bad. We were on the opposite end of the grandstand and someone behind us said it was Geroux! I did then hear them mention him for the Million so that didn't seem right. Not happy that it was anyone :cry:
Flute

Postby Sparrow Castle » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:30 pm

So sorry for all the connections and fans of the gutsy and popular Permian. FWIW, there's some speculation (on Twitter) that he may have been injured by a kick from Sonic Boom when he got bumped at the start.

Marcus Hersh‏ @DRFHersh
Source says William Buick has fractured T-12 vertabrae. No surgery. Brace. To be kept overnight at hospital. Likely to miss some time.
Sparrow Castle

Postby Le Beau Bai » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:39 pm

Catch up post from my Facebook - In Memory of Our Racehorses. Apologies if any were posted previously.

I've copied it straight from my page, so dates are written as day/month.

18/5 - Amazin Secret - Clipped heels, fell, injured at Evangeline (death report with JC)
18/5 - Steamroller - Brokedown, vanned off at Prairie Meadows (death report with JC)
27/5 - You Know Juneau - Collapsed fatally at Penn National
10/6 - Sugar Foot Anne - Brokedown, vanned off at Delaware (death report with JC)
18/6 - Simferopol - Injured, fell at Gulfstream (death report with JC)
27/6 - Stone Cross - Bad step, brokedown at Presque Isle
29/6 - Princess Elsana - Injured, fell at Canterbury Park (death report with JC)
30/6 - Valeski - Injured, fell at Canterbury Park (death report with JC)
3/7 - Salty Gal - Injured, fell at Canterbury Park (death report with JC)
8/7 - Papa Vinny - Brokedown at Laurel (death report with JC)
14/7 - Baytown Princess - Brokedown, fell, euthanized on the track at Belterra Park
14/7 - Cherokee Callie - Pulled up in distress, injured, euthanized on the track at Belterra Park
14/7 - Sidearm - Pulled up, injured right foreleg at Canterbury Park (death report with JC)
15/7 - Midas Dancer - Eased, vanned off at Canterbury Park (death report with JC)
25/7 - Cuadrante - Brokedown left foreleg at Charles Town (death report with JC)
26/7 - Evasive Maneuver - Injured, unseated rider at Thistledown
29/7 - Suddenly Seymour - Hindleg injury, fell at Canterbury Park (death report with JC)
6/8 - Dont Gang Up On Me - Fell, injured at Prairie Meadow (death report with JC)
6/8 - Crushed Ice - Fell over the fallen Dont Gang Up On Me, injured at Prairie Meadow (death report with JC)
10/8 - Cornerback Sack - Clipped heels, fell, injured at Presque Isle (death report with JC)
Formally ELPHIE!
"There's more than one way to fly"
In Memory Of Our Racehorses - https://www.facebook.com/inmemoryofourracehorses
Le Beau Bai

Postby Sparrow Castle » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:00 pm

Ron Gierkink‏ @DRFGierkink
Sad news regarding Calgary Cat, who collapsed and passed away after the G2 Play the King. #woodbine

sheri‏ @gofilly
Rest in Peace Calgary Cat thanks for all the wonderful memories, condolences to connections and all that loved him

RIP, multiple graded stakes winner and 2014 Sovereign Award winning sprinter.
Sparrow Castle

Postby PONYRCR » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:02 pm

Sparrow Castle wrote:Ron Gierkink‏ @DRFGierkink
Sad news regarding Calgary Cat, who collapsed and passed away after the G2 Play the King. #woodbine

sheri‏ @gofilly
Rest in Peace Calgary Cat thanks for all the wonderful memories, condolences to connections and all that loved him

OMG this one breaks my heart. I loved him.
PONYRCR

Postby WarBiscuit » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:24 pm

Sparrow Castle wrote:Ron Gierkink‏ @DRFGierkink

sheri‏ @gofilly

So sorry to hear this news. I saw him win the Kennedy Road Stakes on my last trip to Woodbine, back in November 2014.

RIP Calgary Cat.

WarBiscuit
"One horse-laugh is worth ten thousand syllogisms. It is not only more effective; it is also vastly more intelligent." H.L. Mencken
WarBiscuit

Postby Prairie Bayou » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:59 pm

"AND ALYSHEBA AMERICA'S HORSE HAS DONE IT!!!" ~ Tom Durkin 1988 Breeder's Cup Classic
Prairie Bayou

PreviousNext

Return to Whatever Happened To?