Badge of Silver

Badge of Silver

Postby CoronadosQuest » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:54 am

Anyone have any idea of where this guy is currently? Was always a fan of his as a racehorse!
CoronadosQuest

Re: Badge of Silver

Postby Flanders » Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:39 pm

He was supposed to be at Colebrook in Ontario, Canada but he doesn't have a report of mares submitted for 2016 and they were supposed to be in awhile ago.

Edit to add:
I looked up other stallions on their roster and they all have reports submitted for 2016.
Flanders

Postby CoronadosQuest » Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:43 pm

Flanders wrote:He was supposed to be at Colebrook in Ontario, Canada but he doesn't have a report of mares submitted for 2016 and they were supposed to be in awhile ago.

Edit to add:
I looked up other stallions on their roster and they all have reports submitted for 2016.

I contacted them and they no longer have him. They said they didn't know where he went, for sure. They guessed South America.
CoronadosQuest

Postby Flanders » Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:45 pm

CoronadosQuest wrote:
Flanders wrote:He was supposed to be at Colebrook in Ontario, Canada but he doesn't have a report of mares submitted for 2016 and they were supposed to be in awhile ago.

Edit to add:

I contacted them and they no longer have him. They said they didn't know where he went, for sure. They guessed South America.

He wasn't exported. I mean he has one export but also a return.
Flanders

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:00 pm

:?: How could the farm who was standing a stallion not "know where he went, for sure..?" :?
This is how horses slip through the cracks and end up on a truck to an abattoir.
BaroqueAgain1

Postby CoronadosQuest » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:32 pm

Good question! I just figured maybe they didn't own him and just leased him so the owner took him back...
CoronadosQuest

Postby BlindLucky » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:52 pm

There was a syndicate involved in his ownership, so they may not have given specifics to the farm or whoever responded to your request wasn't privy to them? Weird.

And I think the export/return on file was from when he shuttled to Peru a few years ago. Maybe they intended to send him to South America but something happened that prevented it? Can't imagine they'd sit out a breeding season for no reason.
Photos from my racing travels: ThoroughbredJourney.com
BlindLucky

Postby CoronadosQuest » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:07 pm

I contacted Airdrie and they informed me that he had been sold to the farm that had leased him previously in Peru.

He was previously leased by Alfredo Galdos's Haras Los Azahares so I assume that is who has purchased him.

Sounds like he is okay though, so that is good at least!
CoronadosQuest

Postby Flanders » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:43 pm

CoronadosQuest wrote:I contacted Airdrie and they informed me that he had been sold to the farm that had leased him previously in Peru.

He was previously leased by Alfredo Galdos's Haras Los Azahares so I assume that is who has purchased him.

Sounds like he is okay though, so that is good at least!

Wouldn't he have been exported then? Their breeding season should have started or will soon.
Flanders

Postby mariasmon » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:13 pm

mariasmon

Next

Return to Whatever Happened To?