Greenpointcrusader...

Greenpointcrusader...

Postby WarBiscuit » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:02 pm

Anyone happen to know what's going on with him - or where he is? Have not heard a peep since his lackluster performance in the Louisiana Derby way back
in March...

WarBiscuit
"One horse-laugh is worth ten thousand syllogisms. It is not only more effective; it is also vastly more intelligent." H.L. Mencken
WarBiscuit

Re: Greenpointcrusader...

Postby Catalina » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:48 pm

WarBiscuit wrote:Anyone happen to know what's going on with him - or where he is? Have not heard a peep since his lackluster performance in the Louisiana Derby way back
in March...

WarBiscuit

Latest I could find was the following link which mentions that Greenpointcruisader came out of the LA Derby with a leg fracture and is expected to miss the remainder of 2016.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Greenpointcrusader/1502879050033181
Catalina

Postby WarBiscuit » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:13 pm

Thanks Catalina, very much appreciated! Well, that certainly explains the poor performance. I may have missed it, but I don't recall any of the major sites mentioning his injury. I hope he heals well, and if he does indeed come back next year, he is as good as new! Many folks had high hopes for him at the beginning of the year.

Thanks again...

WarBiscuit
"One horse-laugh is worth ten thousand syllogisms. It is not only more effective; it is also vastly more intelligent." H.L. Mencken
WarBiscuit

Postby Catalina » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:22 am

WarBiscuit wrote:Thanks Catalina, very much appreciated! Well, that certainly explains the poor performance. I may have missed it, but I don't recall any of the major sites mentioning his injury. I hope he heals well, and if he does indeed come back next year, he is as good as new! Many folks had high hopes for him at the beginning of the year.

Thanks again...

WarBiscuit

I also hope he heals without complications. But, surprised there isn't any more information out. Maybe the connections just didn't want to incur the media frenzy that often goes with such. On the positive side, his owners (2 of them, it seems to be a syndicate), continue to show Greenpointcrusader as being owned by them.
Catalina

Return to Whatever Happened To?