Random Retiree News

Re: Random Retiree News

Postby Catalina » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:34 pm

Psychotic Parakeet wrote:Iliad, who was on the Triple Crown Trail, has been retired due to an ankle injury.

There've been rumblings that this might happen.
Catalina

Postby BlindLucky » Wed May 24, 2017 7:37 pm

Nowhere to Hide (he ran in Mine That Bird's KY Derby) seems to have found his forever home with an ex-NFL player. This is such a fun story :D

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... er-team-up
Photos from my racing travels: ThoroughbredJourney.com
BlindLucky

Postby Sparrow Castle » Wed May 24, 2017 9:57 pm

BlindLucky wrote:Nowhere to Hide (he ran in Mine That Bird's KY Derby) seems to have found his forever home with an ex-NFL player. This is such a fun story :D

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... er-team-up

That really is a good story! Thanks for sharing.
Sparrow Castle

Postby Diver52 » Fri May 26, 2017 1:36 am

Agree! Rescues have a fine line between handing out animals to homes where they could fail and being "dog or horse Nazis" who won't let an animal go without ridiculous demands. Good results here.
I ran marathons. I saw the Taj Mahal by Moonlight. I drove Highway 1 in a convertible. I petted Zenyatta.
Diver52

Postby Curtis » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:57 pm

I've been trying to post some photos of my two OTTB's, Border Run and Anniversary Year, but I keep getting the following message: Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached.
Curtis

Postby sweettalk » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:54 pm

Curtis wrote:I've been trying to post some photos of my two OTTB's, Border Run and Anniversary Year, but I keep getting the following message: Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached.

upload the pics to imgur. you're teasing me with border run pics!!
Follow your heart. You need it. And where did it learn to scurry like that?
sweettalk

Postby Curtis » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:35 pm

sweettalk wrote:
Curtis wrote:I've been trying to post some photos of my two OTTB's, Border Run and Anniversary Year, but I keep getting the following message: Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached.

I'm afraid you'll have to speak English. ;)
Curtis

Postby ThreeMustangs » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:19 pm

Curtis wrote:
sweettalk wrote:

I'm afraid you'll have to speak English. ;)

Try this:

https://help.imgur.com/hc/en-us/article ... oad-Images
ThreeMustangs

Postby Sparrow Castle » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:27 pm

Paulrus
Herb Hogg was looking for a horse. Thirteen years ago, the lifelong foxhunter had taken a bit of a beating from a “rogue-y” mount who’d left him with a punctured lung and broken ribs. A CPA by profession, Hogg got a suggestion from a client – Hall of Fame trainer Janet Elliot – who mentioned she had a prospect on her Pennsylvania farm.

“Janet never told me anything about him,” he said. “She just said to come try him and see what I thought. So we went out to one of her fields and jogged around, and the next thing I knew we were jumping fences. And this horse is a reallllly good jumper.”

Pleased, Hogg took 16-year-old Paulrus home to his 15-acre farm near Coatesville, Pa. Shortly thereafter farrier Desmond Hewitt came to replace the horse’s shoes. In his thick accent, the Irishman asked Hogg, “Where’d you get this horse?”

“I told him I got him from Janet,” Hogg said. “And he kept saying ‘Derby horse! Derby horse!’ ”

What Hewitt knew – and Hogg quickly discovered – was that Paulrus had finished seventh in the 1991 Kentucky Derby. The field included Hansel, Fly So Free, Best Pal, Corporate Report, Sea Cadet and Strike the Gold, who won the classic that day for Nick Zito and Chris Antley.

http://midatlantictb.com/cms/index.php/pensioners-on-parade/720-paulrus
Sparrow Castle

Postby lurkey mclurker » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:11 pm

omg they are both too adorable for words *hearts*
lurkey mclurker

PreviousNext

Return to Whatever Happened To?