In Memoriam 2016

In Memoriam 2016

Postby TapitsGal » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:43 pm

Another year another thread
TapitsGal

Re: In Memoriam 2016

Postby Catalina » Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:03 am

Three at Santa Anita today: Rastanora and Send Me a Sign in the 2nd race, and One Of the Greats in the 3rd. May they all RIP.
Condolences to their connections and to the jockeys.
Catalina

Postby WarBiscuit » Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:39 am

Catalina wrote:Three at Santa Anita today: Rastanora and Send Me a Sign in the 2nd race, and One Of the Greats in the 3rd. May they all RIP.

Tough day at SA, for sure. Send Me a Sign is the 2nd fatality for Jay Em Ess in the past week - they lost Blooper at Aqueduct last Sunday (12/27).

Condolences to all...

WarBiscuit
"One horse-laugh is worth ten thousand syllogisms. It is not only more effective; it is also vastly more intelligent." H.L. Mencken
WarBiscuit

Postby Sparrow Castle » Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:46 am

Catalina wrote:Three at Santa Anita today: Rastanora and Send Me a Sign in the 2nd race, and One Of the Greats in the 3rd. May they all RIP.

Catalina,
Could you tell me how you know all three were euthanized? Not that I'm doubting it...it's just so sad. I feel especially bad for Sam Siegel who lost Blooper at Aqueduct a few days ago due to an apparent cardiac event. Jay Em Ess Stable owns Send Me a Sign.

Never mind. This is Sam's tweet.
samantha siegel ‏@jayemesssam
FFFFFUUUUUCCCCKKKK!!!!!

So sorry for all who loved and cared for these young horses.
Sparrow Castle

Postby Sparrow Castle » Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:48 am

WarBiscuit wrote:

Tough day at SA, for sure. Send Me a Sign is the 2nd fatality for Jay Em Ess in the past week - they lost Blooper at Aqueduct last Sunday (12/27).

Condolences to all...

WarBiscuit

Sorry, WarBiscuit, I didn't see you had posted while I was looking for a Tweet from Sam.
Sparrow Castle

Postby Catalina » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:33 am

Sparrow Castle wrote:

Catalina,
Could you tell me how you know all three were euthanized? Not that I'm doubting it...it's just so sad. I feel especially bad for Sam Siegel who lost Blooper at Aqueduct a few days ago due to an apparent cardiac event. Jay Em Ess Stable owns Send Me a Sign.

Never mind. This is Sam's tweet.
samantha siegel ‏@jayemesssam
FFFFFUUUUUCCCCKKKK!!!!!

So sorry for all who loved and cared for these young horses.

It was on the DRF Live website, by Steve Andersen, under "Santa Anita: Discouraging Start to Friday's Program".
I don't post such news unless there's some kind of official confirmation.
Catalina

Postby Sparrow Castle » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:52 pm

Old Friends ‏@Oldfriendsfarm
So sad we lost 24YO FLICK today. Along with his best bud, DANTHEBLUEGRASSMAN, we will miss him. Photo @battles_laura
Sparrow Castle

Postby TapitsGal » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:09 am

Colic sucks. RIP Flick
TapitsGal

Postby Sparrow Castle » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:09 pm

Zilla Racing Stables
‏@zilla16ny
Heartbreaking: Zilla has had to put down its first racehorse. Uncle Duncan broke his R sesamoid. A bad step when switching leads.
Sparrow Castle

Postby Sparrow Castle » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:41 pm

THREE CHIMNEYS’ SIRE EXCHANGE RATE EUTHANIZED AT 19
Three Chimneys' stallion, Exchange Rate, has been euthanized. He had recently been treated for pneumonia and had developed secondary issues including a deep vein thrombosis of a hind leg. Despite the best of veterinary care, he could not be saved.

The son of Danzig, out of Stakes winner Sterling Pound by Seeking the Gold, was purchased for $1.4 million as a yearling by Satish Sanan's Padua Stables and was trained by Hall of Famer D. Wayne Lukas. He debuted a winner at Hollywood Park before placing in a pair of Graded Stakes as a juvenile, and finished his career with a win in the Grade 2 Tom Fool Handicap. He was retired to stud in 2002 and moved to Three Chimneys in 2008.

Exchange Rate's first crop included two Grade 1 winners, Ermine and Swap Fliparoo. A consistent producer of Stakes and Graded Stakes horses throughout his career, he sired additional Grade 1 winners Reckless Abandon, Sunset Glow and Ball Dancing. Exchange Rate has sired 49 Stakes winners to date, and his progeny have earned $39,601,849.

Exchange Rate bred 127 mares in 2015 and was due to stand for $20,000 once again in 2016. “Exchange Rate was booked full again this year and was running on all cylinders at stud – we especially hate losing him because he was such a wonderful horse to be around and exuded class. We will try to accommodate all breeders with our other stallions if at all possible,” said Three Chimneys Director of Stallion Nominations, Grant Williamson. Exchange Rate will be buried at Three Chimneys.

http://www.paulickreport.com/news/bloodstock/three-chimneys-exchange-rate-euthanized/

RIP
Sparrow Castle

Next

Return to Whatever Happened To?