Samraat

Post Reply
Izvestia
Posts: 3817
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:16 am

Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:59 pm

Was he reinjured? Retired?
He came back in July, raced 4th, and hasn't been back.
Thanks.
BlindLucky
Posts: 3314
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:22 am
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:04 pm

Found this on another board from September:

Samraat, last seen in a AOC race on July 4th (finishing 4th) after being out for over a year is likely finished for the rest of the year. He developed another hairline fracture in the same leg that sidelined him last year. Most likely they will put a screw in it & we may see him back next year.
Photos from my racing travels: ThoroughbredJourney.com
Izvestia
Posts: 3817
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:16 am

Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:39 pm

BlindLucky wrote:Found this on another board from September:

Samraat, last seen in a AOC race on July 4th (finishing 4th) after being out for over a year is likely finished for the rest of the year. He developed another hairline fracture in the same leg that sidelined him last year. Most likely they will put a screw in it & we may see him back next year.
Thanks. That helps!
Catalina
Posts: 3162
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:08 pm
Location: South Texas

Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:33 am

I'm surprised they didn't find him a stud deal. You'd think he could get mares.
peeptoad
Posts: 2677
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:53 pm

Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:20 am

this was the previous thread about Samraat... Blindlucky basically answered the question though:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2796
Catalina
Posts: 3162
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:08 pm
Location: South Texas

Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:21 pm

peeptoad wrote:this was the previous thread about Samraat... Blindlucky basically answered the question though:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2796
Matter of opinion, though clearly mine doesn't matter on this. Came in 2nd by a nose in Wood Memorial, 6th (with a troubled trip) in the Belmont, 5th in the Derby.
peeptoad
Posts: 2677
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:53 pm

Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:13 pm

Catalina wrote:
peeptoad wrote:this was the previous thread about Samraat... Blindlucky basically answered the question though:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2796
Matter of opinion, though clearly mine doesn't matter on this. Came in 2nd by a nose in Wood Memorial, 6th (with a troubled trip) in the Belmont, 5th in the Derby.
What are you talking about? I meant Blindlucky answered the question about his injury. There is no opinion even involved...
Catalina
Posts: 3162
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:08 pm
Location: South Texas

Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:32 pm

peeptoad wrote:
Catalina wrote:
peeptoad wrote:this was the previous thread about Samraat... Blindlucky basically answered the question though:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2796
Matter of opinion, though clearly mine doesn't matter on this. Came in 2nd by a nose in Wood Memorial, 6th (with a troubled trip) in the Belmont, 5th in the Derby.
What are you talking about? I meant Blindlucky answered the question about his injury. There is no opinion even involved...
Since the injury already had been previously mentioned on this thread, I thought you were referring to the conversation about stallion potential. But, looking back, I got messed up with the quotes. What I meant to address was that IMO he does have stallion potential.
Post Reply