stallion that stood at Jonabell

stallion that stood at Jonabell

Postby Flanders » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:55 pm

trying to remember a stallion that stood at Jonabell either in the late 80s or early 90s. He was bay with a big blaze and I think from the Northern Dancer sire line. I thought he was Major Impact but that's not him and I can't remember his name and its really bothering me. After he stood at Jonabell he went to South America.
Flanders

Re: stallion that stood at Jonabell

Postby Izvestia » Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:45 pm

Summing?
Although I can't remember what kind of facial marking he had. I know he went to California, but not sure about South America.
Izvestia

Postby Flanders » Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:08 pm

Izvestia wrote:Summing?
Although I can't remember what kind of facial marking he had. I know he went to California, but not sure about South America.

No. Honestly, I might be combining two different horses in my head. Because I just looked at Jonabell's stallion roster in a bunch of old Stallion Directories and the horse I was thinking of wasn't there.
Last edited by Flanders on Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flanders

Postby luvthesales » Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:51 pm

The only blazes I can recall were Green Forest and Bounding Basque, but both were chestnuts.
luvthesales

Postby Flanders » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:19 pm

luvthesales wrote:The only blazes I can recall were Green Forest and Bounding Basque, but both were chestnuts.

Thorn Dance stood there as well. But I don't think he was the one I am thinking of.
Flanders

Postby Izvestia » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:28 pm

Flanders wrote:
luvthesales wrote:The only blazes I can recall were Green Forest and Bounding Basque, but both were chestnuts.

Thorn Dance stood there as well. But I don't think he was the one I am thinking of.

Thorn Dance is exactly what was described - bay with a blaze, by Northern Dancer.
I have some old BloodHorse magazines from the 80s and 90s that probably have the stallion roster in them for Jonabell, but they are packed away at my mom's on the other side of the country. No help there.
Izvestia

Postby lurkey mclurker » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:34 pm

Is this the stallion you remember? (pic is a larger version of the same as shown on Pedigree Query for Thorn Dance, which says he stood at Jonabell)

http://www.pedigreequery.com/thorn+dance
lurkey mclurker

Postby Flanders » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:39 pm

He doesn't look like the right horse. The horse I remember from the ad had a bigger blaze. Its no big deal if I can't figure out who it is. Earlier I remembered an ad from either Bloodhorse or TB Times and that was what made me try to figure who the horse was. But since I'm trying to remember an ad from 20+ years ago, who knows if I'm remembering anything correctly. I thought the ad was for Jonabell but it may not have been.
Flanders

Return to Whatever Happened To?