Gilligan

Gilligan

Postby serenassong » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:24 am

Has not raced since the end of last year- and no works since his last start where he was last and squeezed coming out of the gate. Not on vet list, and I did a search on Canter. Hope he is ok. :?
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
serenassong

Re: Gilligan

Postby Curtis » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:00 pm

serenassong wrote:Has not raced since the end of last year- and no works since his last start where he was last and squeezed coming out of the gate. Not on vet list, and I did a search on Canter. Hope he is ok. :?

I sent an email to Jeff Metz. If I don't get a response, I should see him in a couple of weeks at Emerald Downs and I'll ask him in person. He's usually pretty straight, I hope the horse is well too.
Curtis

Postby serenassong » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:16 pm

Curtis wrote:
serenassong wrote:Has not raced since the end of last year- and no works since his last start where he was last and squeezed coming out of the gate. Not on vet list, and I did a search on Canter. Hope he is ok. :?

I sent an email to Jeff Metz. If I don't get a response, I should see him in a couple of weeks at Emerald Downs and I'll ask him in person. He's usually pretty straight, I hope the horse is well too.

Thank you so much!
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
serenassong

Postby Curtis » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:48 pm

If you PM me I can forward the email. The gist is he came out of the race okay but collicked a few weeks later and could not be saved. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
Curtis

Postby serenassong » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:27 am

Curtis wrote:If you PM me I can forward the email. The gist is he came out of the race okay but collicked a few weeks later and could not be saved. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Thank you for telling me this. I don't need to see the email, thanks for the offer. I just had this feeling something was very wrong. Please thank Jeff for me, and for what they did for him.
serenassong

Postby WarBiscuit » Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:01 pm

So sorry to hear about Gilligan. Damned colic.

Rest Easy, Rest Well, boy...

WarBiscuit
"One horse-laugh is worth ten thousand syllogisms. It is not only more effective; it is also vastly more intelligent." H.L. Mencken
WarBiscuit

Return to Whatever Happened To?