Peace and War

Peace and War

Postby Flanders » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:25 pm

War Front filly that won the Alcibiades last fall. Haven't heard anything about her since.
Flanders

Re: Peace and War

Postby BlindLucky » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:41 pm

Looks like she had a slight ligament tear that kept her out of the BC. I found a little blurb that says she was going to rest at WinStar a bit before heading back to Chiddingford. There are two exports on file for her, but only one return, so she is probably still back in England.
Photos from my racing travels: ThoroughbredJourney.com
BlindLucky

Postby Flanders » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:48 pm

It's a shame she was hurt. Hopefully she heals well and they will send her over for another try on the dirt.
Flanders

Postby Catalina » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:18 pm

Flanders wrote:It's a shame she was hurt. Hopefully she heals well and they will send her over for another try on the dirt.

Having nearly lost their filly, do you really think they'll put her on dirt over here again?
Catalina

Postby Flanders » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:31 pm

Catalina wrote:
Flanders wrote:It's a shame she was hurt. Hopefully she heals well and they will send her over for another try on the dirt.

Having nearly lost their filly, do you really think they'll put her on dirt over here again?

Well considering a slight ligament tear isn't "nearly losing their filly" and that they have raced her on All Weather in England before, yes I think they would.
Flanders

Postby sweettalk » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:37 pm

i think by 'lost' i think what was meant was, lost her as a race horse, not as a living entity.
Get out to Lenny’s for their big grand opening sale. Find eight government secrets and get a free kidnapping and personality reassignment so that you’ll forget you found them!
sweettalk

Postby BlindLucky » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:37 pm

I guess if she heals well, their plans were indeed to bring her back to the US for more tries on dirt. I don't know if those have changed, based on how she's been doing--couldn't find anything more recent than mid-October:

http://robinsfarmracing.com/news/

Sadly the excitement has been short lived. A late night phone call from Kellyn broke the news that we had not even considered among the jubilation: a minor injury, a very slight tear of the tiny XYZ ligament at the base of her fetlock will prevent her participation in the Breeders Cup. It is tiny however we strongly feel that Peace and War has a very exciting year next year with a great program that could include (some of but not all of) The Ashland, The Kentucky Oaks, The Coaching Club Oaks, The Alabama, The Spinster and even another tilt at the Breeders Cup.

We are grateful to Jayne Farwell, Kellyn Gorder and his excellent team for catching this minor problem so early before it became worse. Peace and War will stay at Winstar Farm’s excellent rest and rehabilitation centre until she returns to Chiddingfold. The superb facilities and staff there will no doubt give us the best possible chance to return back to her best for an exciting campaign next year. As a trainer on the opposite side of the globe peace of mind is worth so much. Equally valuable to the trainer is the understanding of the owners which has been as matter of fact and professional as the on site management of this injury.

While this setback is unfortunate Peace and War was our first G1 winner. Her future is bright and we look forward to more Stateside ventures in the spring…back to “our old Kentucky Home”
BlindLucky

Postby TapitsGal » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:27 pm

I've emailed them inquiring about her
TapitsGal

Postby TapitsGal » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:32 am

She breezed well yesterday and they are targeting the Ashland and the oaks with her
TapitsGal

Postby BlindLucky » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:29 am

She shipped to KY on Sunday and is entered in the Ashland for this Saturday :)

If she does well and gets enough points, she'll be entered in the KY Oaks.

"If we don’t get in the Oaks, we may run against the boys on Derby Day [in the GII American Turf] or the Eight Belles [May 1 for fillies on dirt)."
BlindLucky

Next

Return to Whatever Happened To?