Icabad Crane

Icabad Crane

Postby Lord Helpus » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:12 pm

Just finished his first Preliminary level event with no jumping penalties and double clear (jumping and time) on cross country. He was second overall to a stable mate with more experience. (Coming in 2nd the first time out at a new level is an incredible placing.)

In fact, probably to no one's surprise, he had the fastest time on cross country. :lol:

https://www.facebook.com/IcabadCraneFan ... =1&theater
Lord Helpus

Re: Icabad Crane

Postby WarBiscuit » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:42 pm

Great picture. Very happy to hear that he is doing so well!

WarBiscuit
"One horse-laugh is worth ten thousand syllogisms. It is not only more effective; it is also vastly more intelligent." H.L. Mencken
WarBiscuit

Postby Izvestia » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:37 pm

He is such a fantastic example of what OTTB's can do. He excelled tremendously as a racehorse, and now he is excelling at cross country. I love seeing him do so well.
Izvestia

Postby Lord Helpus » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:42 pm

At the end of his racing career, he was given to Graham and Anita Motion and they are very involved with his new career. Anita goes to Dutton's stable and regularly videos Icabad's training sessions and then posts them. Icabad seems to be part of their family.

Icabad's progress is not hindered by having an Olympic rider/trainer. ;) But the talent and attitude all come from inside the horse. For him to have gone from Beginner Novice to Preliminary in a little over a year is amazing.
Lord Helpus

Postby Izvestia » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:56 am

It's all there. If he wasn't sound enough, athletic enough, or as competitively-minded as he is, he wouldn't be doing it. It's just really special to see. i have an OTTB and he is a wonderful horse, will give me his everything even when he's a bit unsure. They truly are the best horses.
Izvestia

Postby perfectsoul » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:03 pm

Image\

Per Phillip Dutton Eventing: "Icabad Crane is officially a Prelim horse! He placed third today (feb. 25) at Full Gallop Farm Horse Trials in his debut at the Preliminary level, finishing on his dressage score of 30.0. He was the fastest horse on cross country in his division by 36 seconds — I think he had fun out there...I’d like to think that at the higher levels he’s going to be even more competitive when the fitness and endurance on cross country matter more. This is his career now, and we’re committed to taking this as far as Icabad wants to go. If today is any indicator, this journey is far from over. Thank you to Barry Bornstein for the great photo of Icabad at Full Gallop today."

So happy to see this horse doing well.
perfectsoul

Postby Prairie Bayou » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:42 pm

Actually Dutton was given another horse before Icabad. He didn't have the talent or desire that Icabad does. This dicipline is not for every horse but it's nice to see that for some they can excell at multiple things. :D
"AND ALYSHEBA AMERICA'S HORSE HAS DONE IT!!!" ~ Tom Durkin 1988 Breeder's Cup Classic
Prairie Bayou

Postby Prairie Bayou » Mon May 04, 2015 2:02 pm

Icabad won his first preliminary eventing title at Shawan Downs this Saturday. I don't have the placings to post here but they are on his Facebook page. :mrgreen:
"AND ALYSHEBA AMERICA'S HORSE HAS DONE IT!!!" ~ Tom Durkin 1988 Breeder's Cup Classic
Prairie Bayou

Postby Rainyday » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:05 pm

Rainyday

Postby TapitsGal » Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:56 pm

I look forward to watching him at the cci events
TapitsGal

Next

Return to Whatever Happened To?