In memoriam 2015

User avatar
Sparrow Castle
Posts: 4959
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:01 pm

Jay Privman ‏@DRFPrivman 5m5 minutes ago
Film Juror collapsed and died, most likely of a cardiac episode, per track vet, via stewards. Necropsy will be performed. #rip #delmar
Jay Privman ‏@DRFPrivman 18m18 minutes ago
Film Juror down at outer rail near eighth pole. Jockey James Graham looks OK. Horse was trailing badly at time of incident. #delmar

First time starter (2 yo colt, Uncle Mo - Film Critic, by Dynaformer) trained by Art Sherman. RNA as a yearling for $150,000 at KeeSep. RIP, baby.
WarBiscuit
Posts: 1291
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:40 pm
Location: Mount Clemens, MI / Hawks Nest, WV

Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:55 am

Sparrow Castle wrote:Jay Privman ‏@DRFPrivman 5m5 minutes ago
Film Juror collapsed and died, most likely of a cardiac episode, per track vet, via stewards. Necropsy will be performed. #rip #delmar
Jay Privman ‏@DRFPrivman 18m18 minutes ago
Film Juror down at outer rail near eighth pole. Jockey James Graham looks OK. Horse was trailing badly at time of incident. #delmar

First time starter (2 yo colt, Uncle Mo - Film Critic, by Dynaformer) trained by Art Sherman. RNA as a yearling for $150,000 at KeeSep. RIP, baby.
That's sad. No chance to shine in that brief life.

RIP Film Juror...


WarBiscuit
"One horse-laugh is worth ten thousand syllogisms. It is not only more effective; it is also vastly more intelligent." H.L. Mencken
Catalina
Posts: 3201
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:08 pm
Location: South Texas

Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:26 pm

WarBiscuit wrote:
Sparrow Castle wrote:Jay Privman ‏@DRFPrivman 5m5 minutes ago
Film Juror collapsed and died, most likely of a cardiac episode, per track vet, via stewards. Necropsy will be performed. #rip #delmar
Jay Privman ‏@DRFPrivman 18m18 minutes ago
Film Juror down at outer rail near eighth pole. Jockey James Graham looks OK. Horse was trailing badly at time of incident. #delmar

First time starter (2 yo colt, Uncle Mo - Film Critic, by Dynaformer) trained by Art Sherman. RNA as a yearling for $150,000 at KeeSep. RIP, baby.
That's sad. No chance to shine in that brief life.

RIP Film Juror...


WarBiscuit
And doubly sad as there is at least little stress from the California weather right around now. Poor baby.
User avatar
CoronadosQuest
Posts: 1504
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:44 pm

Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:59 pm

This one hurts...

Shared Belief was euthanized today due to colic.

RIP Lil Guy!

https://www.facebook.com/turfwriterclairenovak/?fref=ts has an official statement from Jim Rome.
User avatar
Le Beau Bai
Posts: 285
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:48 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:49 am

From GGF minutes

Bounty On The Run, Sunday, November 29,2015 broke Down (LF fetlock fracture) in the third race and was Euthanized.

Surprise Sale, Sunday, November 29, 2015, collision with a loose horse and expired on the track.

Binky Bear, Sunday, November 29, 2015, collision with a loose horse and expired on the track.
Formally ELPHIE!
"There's more than one way to fly"
In Memory Of Our Racehorses - https://www.facebook.com/inmemoryofourracehorses
BaroqueAgain1
Posts: 9879
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:33 pm

TWO loose horse fatalities? Is that two horses dying in the same incident (running into each other?), or two separate accidents? :(
Damn...sometimes the training sessions in the morning are racing's most dangerous environment.
User avatar
Le Beau Bai
Posts: 285
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:48 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:24 pm

It didn't specify exactly what happened, I've just copied and pasted it over from the minutes. The only bit I changed was that I added the LF fetlock fracture bit because that was further up on the minutes on the day that it happened rather than being on the euthanized / died bit at the end.
Formally ELPHIE!
"There's more than one way to fly"
In Memory Of Our Racehorses - https://www.facebook.com/inmemoryofourracehorses
curious clover
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:49 pm

Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:53 am

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:TWO loose horse fatalities? Is that two horses dying in the same incident (running into each other?), or two separate accidents? :(
Damn...sometimes the training sessions in the morning are racing's most dangerous environment.
They ran into each other. Horrible.
Catalina
Posts: 3201
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:08 pm
Location: South Texas

Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:52 pm

Favorite Bayou Banker broke down yesterday at Fairgrounds (Louisiana Champions Day Juvenile Stakes), near the 5/8 pole, was vanned off and subsequently euthanized. RIP Bayou Banker, and condolences to all his connections and fans.
flytpthestars
Posts: 80
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:47 pm

Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:57 pm

Saw on FB that Scat Daddy collapsed and died at Coolmore today.
User avatar
ThreeMustangs
Posts: 1450
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:37 pm
Location: Florida

Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:16 pm

flytpthestars wrote:Saw on FB that Scat Daddy collapsed and died at Coolmore today.
Oh, no.... He was only 11.
sweettalk
Posts: 1984
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:05 pm

Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:20 pm

bloodhorse hasn't picked it up yet, nor has coolmore commented on their fb.
BaroqueAgain1
Posts: 9879
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:28 pm

Rich Perloff just said that he has been able to confirm the sad news. That's a big loss, as his offspring could run on anything, at almost any distance.
sweettalk
Posts: 1984
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:05 pm

Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:35 pm

that's really an incredibly tough loss for breeders, and for his fans - i know i'm more than just a little sad.
BlindLucky
Posts: 3314
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:22 am
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:27 pm

Photos from my racing travels: ThoroughbredJourney.com
PJMIII
Posts: 9550
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:12 am

Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:38 pm

flytpthestars wrote:Saw on FB that Scat Daddy collapsed and died at Coolmore today.

Top Sire Scat Daddy Dies at Age 11

Scat Daddy , a multiple grade I winner and sire of 69 stakes winners, died Dec. 14 at Ashford Stud near Versailles, Ky. The death was reported by Ashford manager Dermot Ryan via Twitter:
Passing of Scat Daddy: "Scat Daddy was in the best of health but totally unexpectedly he dropped dead when walking out of his paddock; Everyone here at Ashford is very upset as he was a smashing horse with a great career ahead of him." Dermot Ryan, Ashford Stud

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... -at-age-11
TapitsGal
Posts: 802
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:03 pm

Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:57 am

OTTB turned prominent dressage star Sea Lord is gone. He had been ailing these past few months and was sent to New Bolton. Tests revealed masses and nodules on his lungs.
Catalina
Posts: 3201
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:08 pm
Location: South Texas

Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:30 am

TapitsGal wrote:OTTB turned prominent dressage star Sea Lord is gone. He had been ailing these past few months and was sent to New Bolton. Tests revealed masses and nodules on his lungs.
That is so sad. RIP, Sea Lord. My deepest condolences to his connections, who did their best to do right by him, and then this. Poor boy.
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
Posts: 4959
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:29 pm

Catalina wrote:
TapitsGal wrote:OTTB turned prominent dressage star Sea Lord is gone. He had been ailing these past few months and was sent to New Bolton. Tests revealed masses and nodules on his lungs.
That is so sad. RIP, Sea Lord. My deepest condolences to his connections, who did their best to do right by him, and then this. Poor boy.
Fly in peace, Big Bird, no more pain. Hugs to those who loved him.
Post Reply