In memoriam 2015

Re: In memoriam 2015

Postby Catalina » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:19 pm

serenassong wrote:
Catalina wrote:
serenassong wrote:I am more and more coming to the realization that this Inner Track winter meet should not be run anymore. Way too many horses dying/getting hurt.

Suggestions what we can do to stop it?

Not really sure what the answer is, but, for whatever reason- the mix or maintenance that they have been using as of late seems to be playing a factor( last few seasons). Don't know if it has changed, the weather (thawing and freezing) is the culprit. Not saying that the maintenance crew hasn't been working hard or don't know what they are doing, I'm sure they do- but all angles need to be investigated and studied. And, then of course, certain trainers perhaps running lame horses into the ground.

And while all these umpteen angles get thoroughly investigated, the carnage continues.
Catalina

Postby Tessablue » Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:22 am

Apex was one of my favorite horses running. There was a brief time a few years back when he was my Derby horse. He didn't exactly live up to that, but I enjoyed following him and I was hoping he'd find his niche at Aqueduct. Feel pretty sick over this.
Tessablue

Postby Catalina » Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:26 pm

Tessablue wrote:Apex was one of my favorite horses running. There was a brief time a few years back when he was my Derby horse. He didn't exactly live up to that, but I enjoyed following him and I was hoping he'd find his niche at Aqueduct. Feel pretty sick over this.

I'm so sorry for your loss, Tessablue. Do you have a picture of him you can share?
Catalina

Postby Tessablue » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:20 pm

Catalina wrote:
Tessablue wrote:Apex was one of my favorite horses running. There was a brief time a few years back when he was my Derby horse. He didn't exactly live up to that, but I enjoyed following him and I was hoping he'd find his niche at Aqueduct. Feel pretty sick over this.

I'm so sorry for your loss, Tessablue. Do you have a picture of him you can share?

Thank you, I really appreciate it. I do have some pictures because I saw him multiple times, but they aren't on this computer unfortunately. There is a nice blog post (not mine) here- http://gallopinghatrack.com/post/332388 ... watch-apex - which has a small picture and talks about why he was such an exciting prospect early on. He actually ran a nice third to Palace Malice in his first start.
Tessablue

Postby Catalina » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:08 pm

Tessablue wrote:
Catalina wrote:

Thank you, I really appreciate it. I do have some pictures because I saw him multiple times, but they aren't on this computer unfortunately. There is a nice blog post (not mine) here- http://gallopinghatrack.com/post/332388 ... watch-apex - which has a small picture and talks about why he was such an exciting prospect early on. He actually ran a nice third to Palace Malice in his first start.

He was a honest runner, who always gave his best. RIP Apex.
Catalina

Postby Sunline » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:03 pm

Doriemus(NZ) euthanised at Living Legends retirement farm in Melbourne after suffering a hoof injury.He was 24.

He won the Caulfield-Melbourne cup double in 1995.

9 wins and 12 placings from 44 starts and prize money of almost $3.6 million
Sunline (1995-2009)- Queen of the Turf/ Mare of the World.
Sunline

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:22 pm

Ihtimal suffered a fatal injury in training this morning.
http://www.paulickreport.com/news/thoro ... -training/
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Life At Zen » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:55 am

Elite Belle suffered a heart attack on a flight to Melbourne today.
A R R O G A T E
Paradise Woods, Lady Eli, Songbird, Ziconic
Gormley, Royal Mo, Shaman Ghost, Constellation

Once upon a time there was a horse named Kelso.
But only once. ~Joe Hirsch
Life At Zen

Postby ChampionCurlin » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:01 pm

G1 Australian Cup winner and millionaire Super Cool has passed away following a leg infection. RIP

ChampionCurlin

Postby Catalina » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:47 pm

Edited to add: NYS database originally listed horse as having died (see below) but later was changed to reflect horse fell and was ambulanced off.

Another race day at Aqueduct, another fatality: You Take the Cake in AQU2, fell heavily after finish line and died on the track.
Last edited by Catalina on Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Catalina

PreviousNext

Return to Whatever Happened To?