Honour the Deputy

Re: Honour the Deputy

Postby Catalina » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:59 pm

Curtis wrote:
Catalina wrote:Won't the county fair meets come to a close for the year pretty soon?

They'll go into October then the part of the country he's based in will start to get pretty wet. The people who race on that circuit usually give their horses the winter off and then bring them back in late spring. Some of those guys keep going for years. I'm following a couple of old guys who race in Western Canada, Idaho, Washington and Oregon. If they really get to going good they may get put in at Ferndale (the closest thing California has to offer to the bushier fairs).

That's encouraging, thanks!
Catalina

Postby WarBiscuit » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:20 pm

Well, for those interested, the old boy has shown up again at Les Bois Park in Idaho this spring in low level claimers. Seems to be racing well and is still with the same connections than ran him in 2014. He certainly has been around in his career, and I just hope he stays healthy and sound. If the racing ability is dwindling, he surely
makes up for it in appearance. I'd like to buy him just to stare at him...

WarBiscuit
"One horse-laugh is worth ten thousand syllogisms. It is not only more effective; it is also vastly more intelligent." H.L. Mencken
WarBiscuit

Postby WarBiscuit » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:58 pm

Honour the Deputy finished 1st at Les Bois Park yesterday (7/17/15), stuffing 3K into his pocket for his effort. He was also claimed for $2,500 by trainer,
Ron Stevens.

WarBiscuit
"One horse-laugh is worth ten thousand syllogisms. It is not only more effective; it is also vastly more intelligent." H.L. Mencken
WarBiscuit

Postby WarBiscuit » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:36 pm

Well, Honour the Deputy moved to Turf Paradise for the 2015 Fall meet, and won himself a claiming race on October 17th. He is scheduled to run again on
10/31/15 in Race 3. This guy has raced from coast to coast and border to border in his career, from the biggest venues to some of the smallest and rubbing
elbows with many famous horses along the way. Stay safe, old boy...

WarBiscuit
WarBiscuit

Postby WarBiscuit » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:25 pm

Yesterday (2/21/16) at Turf Paradise - "Honour the Deputy saved ground, moved out into the lane and lacked the needed bid then was vanned off" ...

Hope this was precautionary and that he is OK. Finished the race (6th), with 12yo Strategist right behind him. Any news appreciated.

WarBiscuit
WarBiscuit

Postby The Doctors Saint » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:40 pm

Googled his name and track down a thread on AlexBrown about him and he's bowed a tendon but is safe and sounds like someone's trying to find him a safe place to go when the 'dreaded virus' will allow horses to come and go from where he is. Poor dear guy; so relieved he's relatively alright for the time being.
The Doctors Saint

Postby WarBiscuit » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:49 pm

The Doctors Saint wrote:Googled his name and track down a thread on AlexBrown about him and he's bowed a tendon but is safe and sounds like someone's trying to find him a safe place to go when the 'dreaded virus' will allow horses to come and go from where he is. Poor dear guy; so relieved he's relatively alright for the time being.

Thanks much for the update! Hope all turns out well for him, and we'll keep an eye on that boy. No pun intended, but he's been around the track a few times, and
deserves a good retirement - with whatever new job he can manage. Thanks again.

WarBiscuit
WarBiscuit

Postby lovethegreys » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:07 pm

According to a Facebook post, Honour the Deputy has been rescued and is safe in Arizona. Also, more info is posted on the Alex Brown racing board about him. I am so happy for this wonderful warrior who raced his heart out right up to his retirement/rescue. The following link is the group I believe is partly responsible for his new life - http://www.equineencorefoundation.org. As is said in the FB post, it takes a village or a group of dedicated people to help save these wonderful horses.
lovethegreys

Postby WarBiscuit » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:35 pm

lovethegreys wrote:According to a Facebook post, Honour the Deputy has been rescued and is safe in Arizona. Also, more info is posted on the Alex Brown racing board about him. I am so happy for this wonderful warrior who raced his heart out right up to his retirement/rescue. The following link is the group I believe is partly responsible for his new life - http://www.equineencorefoundation.org. As is said in the FB post, it takes a village or a group of dedicated people to help save these wonderful horses.

Thanks for this wonderful news! He has certainly had a colorful career, and I hope his retirement is long and happy. Not sure I've ever seen a better looking horse. :)

WarBiscuit
WarBiscuit

Postby lovethegreys » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:59 pm

He is definitely a cool looking horse.
lovethegreys

PreviousNext

Return to Whatever Happened To?