Waiting for news on ...

jjacks1

Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:05 pm

Calypso wrote:Order of Magnitude pulled up & vanned off in the 5th at Keeneland on Friday. Any news would be appreciated.
I'm sorry to tell you that he didn't make it. Fractured right front sesamoids and was euthanized. Going to post a pic of him in the In Memorium section. :cry:
Calypso

Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:40 am

jjacks1 wrote:
Calypso wrote:Order of Magnitude pulled up & vanned off in the 5th at Keeneland on Friday. Any news would be appreciated.
I'm sorry to tell you that he didn't make it. Fractured right front sesamoids and was euthanized. Going to post a pic of him in the In Memorium section. :cry:
Thank you for the update. Dammit. 0-for-8. 52/1. It's a shame he never found his true calling, obviously it wasn't racing. RIP, handsome boy.
Soylent green is....tasty!!!
second_glance

Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:27 pm

Jockey Oliver Castillo was apparently seriously injured in a terrible spill in the 3rd at Meadowlands. I say "apparently," because what I'm hearing is very serious, but haven't seen anything official yet.

Also in the same race Neva Masquerade was pulled up and vanned off, or maybe fell and was vanned off: chart is confusing. (Castillo was thrown when his horse stumbled over the horse who fell.)
BlindLucky

Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:01 pm

Gulfstream race 6 (maiden claiming): Be Extraordinary, a 2 yr old filly making her first start, clipped heels and went down hard with jockey Quincy Hamilton. Jill's Reflection then lost her jockey, Mario Argueta. I haven't heard a peep what the injuries might have been, but it didn't look good :(
Photos from my racing travels: ThoroughbredJourney.com
ThreeMustangs

Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:37 pm

second_glance wrote:Jockey Oliver Castillo was apparently seriously injured in a terrible spill in the 3rd at Meadowlands. I say "apparently," because what I'm hearing is very serious, but haven't seen anything official yet.

Also in the same race Neva Masquerade was pulled up and vanned off, or maybe fell and was vanned off: chart is confusing. (Castillo was thrown when his horse stumbled over the horse who fell.)
Erik Fowble ‏@efowble 3h
Please keep Oliver Castillo in your prayers. Went down in awful spill at meadowlands today reports are 2 broken legs and a broken neck
second_glance

Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:04 pm

ThreeMustangs wrote:
second_glance wrote:Jockey Oliver Castillo was apparently seriously injured in a terrible spill in the 3rd at Meadowlands. I say "apparently," because what I'm hearing is very serious, but haven't seen anything official yet.

Erik Fowble ‏@efowble 3h
Please keep Oliver Castillo in your prayers. Went down in awful spill at meadowlands today reports are 2 broken legs and a broken neck
Sister in law tweeted the same, and he is in surgery tonight.
second_glance

Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:13 pm

Fractured ankle, fractured C6 and C7, pulled many ligaments in neck. Agent says, "basically he fell on his head" . . . but, hey, "other than that he's doing good."

http://www.paulickreport.com/news/thoro ... gA.twitter

No word on Neva Masquerade, but Castillo's mount seems to have escaped with some dings.
second_glance

Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:11 pm

Very bad news.

Marcie Heacox ‏@TheGallopOut 2m
Crying. Take Control just broke down in workout. Jockey Martin Garcia up walking.

Larry Zap ‏@larryzapeye 1m
Sad to report that Take Control just went down working with Martin Garcia...jock got up...Take Control looks in real trouble. #justsad
second_glance

Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:26 pm

second_glance wrote:Very bad news.

Crying. Take Control just broke down in workout. Jockey Martin Garcia up walking.

Larry Zap ‏@larryzapeye 1m
Sad to report that Take Control just went down working with Martin Garcia...jock got up...Take Control looks in real trouble. #justsad
RIP first foal and only foal I ever saw of my first favorite horse.
second_glance

Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:20 am

Spicer Cub went lame after finishing a good second in the Maryland Million Starter Handicap yesterday. This morning his trainer said he has a hind-end issue that will require surgery, but should come back fine.

You may remember Spicer as the horse who first bolted in a race, then ran behind the starting gate parked in the stretch.
horsefan

Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:53 pm

Horse unseated a rider in the 6th at KEE in the stretch first time around. Jockey on track and outriders directed jockeys to the outside of the track and pull up.
horsefan

Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:56 pm

horsefan wrote:Horse unseated a rider in the 6th at KEE in the stretch first time around. Jockey on track and outriders directed jockeys to the outside of the track and pull up.
Per DRF - No contest at #Kee after Calvin Borel on Sonic Dancer unseated passing finish first time;outriders waved off field as they came into stretch.
Borel loaded into ambulance at #Kee; moving arms, legs but placed on stretcher and head secured; was motionless for short while after fall.
horsefan

Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:09 pm

Sad news per DRF - Sonic Dancer was put down after R6 at #Kee, stewards said; broke his leg;as for Calvin Borel, he was run over by trailing horse, struck hard.
second_glance

Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:30 pm

horsefan wrote:Sad news per DRF - Sonic Dancer was put down after R6 at #Kee, stewards said; broke his leg;as for Calvin Borel, he was run over by trailing horse, struck hard.
From Lisa Borel: Please pray for Calvin I am on my way to UK trauma center right now looks like a concussion not sure of severity but will keep posted -LB

He also has a banged-up leg that's causing pain. He was moving all appendages and his vitals were stable, but on-track doc was concerned about the concussion. He was basically run over by a trailing horse.
second_glance

Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:01 pm

http://horseracing.bloginky.com/2013/10 ... and-spill/

They sent a DVD of the race and spill to the hospital with Calvin, so that trauma/neuro docs could see exactly what happened.
serenassong

Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:20 am

I was wondering what the heck happened, since I saw the result being "Race cancelled per management decision"

R. I. P. Sonic Dancer and hope Calvin is ok.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
Ballerina

Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:40 am

serenassong

Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:45 am

second_glance wrote:Spicer Cub went lame after finishing a good second in the Maryland Million Starter Handicap yesterday. This morning his trainer said he has a hind-end issue that will require surgery, but should come back fine.

You may remember Spicer as the horse who first bolted in a race, then ran behind the starting gate parked in the stretch.

Latest on Spicer Club- is expected to return
http://www.paulickreport.com/news/thoro ... to-racing/
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
PJMIII

Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:32 pm

Square Dancer clipped heels and fell in the 3rd race at Santa Anita yesterday. Anyone hear how he horse made out?
BaroqueAgain1

Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:33 pm

I think I heard TVG say that the horse trotted off, and a Steve Anderson DRF Tweet says the "horse ran off." I hope that means Square Dancer is OK.