Waiting for news on ...

Re: Waiting for news on ...

Postby jjacks1 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:05 pm

Calypso wrote:Order of Magnitude pulled up & vanned off in the 5th at Keeneland on Friday. Any news would be appreciated.


I'm sorry to tell you that he didn't make it. Fractured right front sesamoids and was euthanized. Going to post a pic of him in the In Memorium section. :cry:
jjacks1
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:46 am

Re: Waiting for news on ...

Postby Calypso » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:40 am

jjacks1 wrote:
Calypso wrote:Order of Magnitude pulled up & vanned off in the 5th at Keeneland on Friday. Any news would be appreciated.


I'm sorry to tell you that he didn't make it. Fractured right front sesamoids and was euthanized. Going to post a pic of him in the In Memorium section. :cry:


Thank you for the update. Dammit. 0-for-8. 52/1. It's a shame he never found his true calling, obviously it wasn't racing. RIP, handsome boy.
Soylent green is....tasty!!!
User avatar
Calypso
 
Posts: 417
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:56 am

Re: Waiting for news on ...

Postby second_glance » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:27 pm

Jockey Oliver Castillo was apparently seriously injured in a terrible spill in the 3rd at Meadowlands. I say "apparently," because what I'm hearing is very serious, but haven't seen anything official yet.

Also in the same race Neva Masquerade was pulled up and vanned off, or maybe fell and was vanned off: chart is confusing. (Castillo was thrown when his horse stumbled over the horse who fell.)
second_glance
 
Posts: 2524
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:42 am

Re: Waiting for news on ...

Postby BlindLucky » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:01 pm

Gulfstream race 6 (maiden claiming): Be Extraordinary, a 2 yr old filly making her first start, clipped heels and went down hard with jockey Quincy Hamilton. Jill's Reflection then lost her jockey, Mario Argueta. I haven't heard a peep what the injuries might have been, but it didn't look good :(
Photos from my racing travels: ThoroughbredJourney.com
BlindLucky
 
Posts: 3314
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:22 am
Location: North Carolina

Re: Waiting for news on ...

Postby ThreeMustangs » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:37 pm

second_glance wrote:Jockey Oliver Castillo was apparently seriously injured in a terrible spill in the 3rd at Meadowlands. I say "apparently," because what I'm hearing is very serious, but haven't seen anything official yet.

Also in the same race Neva Masquerade was pulled up and vanned off, or maybe fell and was vanned off: chart is confusing. (Castillo was thrown when his horse stumbled over the horse who fell.)


Erik Fowble ‏@efowble 3h
Please keep Oliver Castillo in your prayers. Went down in awful spill at meadowlands today reports are 2 broken legs and a broken neck
User avatar
ThreeMustangs
 
Posts: 1333
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:37 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Waiting for news on ...

Postby second_glance » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:04 pm

ThreeMustangs wrote:
second_glance wrote:Jockey Oliver Castillo was apparently seriously injured in a terrible spill in the 3rd at Meadowlands. I say "apparently," because what I'm hearing is very serious, but haven't seen anything official yet.

Also in the same race Neva Masquerade was pulled up and vanned off, or maybe fell and was vanned off: chart is confusing. (Castillo was thrown when his horse stumbled over the horse who fell.)


Erik Fowble ‏@efowble 3h
Please keep Oliver Castillo in your prayers. Went down in awful spill at meadowlands today reports are 2 broken legs and a broken neck


Sister in law tweeted the same, and he is in surgery tonight.
second_glance
 
Posts: 2524
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:42 am

Re: Waiting for news on ...

Postby second_glance » Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:13 pm

second_glance wrote:Jockey Oliver Castillo was apparently seriously injured in a terrible spill in the 3rd at Meadowlands. I say "apparently," because what I'm hearing is very serious, but haven't seen anything official yet.

Also in the same race Neva Masquerade was pulled up and vanned off, or maybe fell and was vanned off: chart is confusing. (Castillo was thrown when his horse stumbled over the horse who fell.)


Fractured ankle, fractured C6 and C7, pulled many ligaments in neck. Agent says, "basically he fell on his head" . . . but, hey, "other than that he's doing good."

http://www.paulickreport.com/news/thoro ... gA.twitter

No word on Neva Masquerade, but Castillo's mount seems to have escaped with some dings.
second_glance
 
Posts: 2524
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:42 am

Re: Waiting for news on ...

Postby second_glance » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:11 pm

Very bad news.

Marcie Heacox ‏@TheGallopOut 2m
Crying. Take Control just broke down in workout. Jockey Martin Garcia up walking.

Larry Zap ‏@larryzapeye 1m
Sad to report that Take Control just went down working with Martin Garcia...jock got up...Take Control looks in real trouble. #justsad
second_glance
 
Posts: 2524
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:42 am

Re: Waiting for news on ...

Postby second_glance » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:26 pm

second_glance wrote:Very bad news.

Marcie Heacox ‏@TheGallopOut 2m
Crying. Take Control just broke down in workout. Jockey Martin Garcia up walking.

Larry Zap ‏@larryzapeye 1m
Sad to report that Take Control just went down working with Martin Garcia...jock got up...Take Control looks in real trouble. #justsad


Marcie Heacox ‏@TheGallopOut 2m
RIP first foal and only foal I ever saw of my first favorite horse.
second_glance
 
Posts: 2524
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:42 am

Re: Waiting for news on ...

Postby second_glance » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:20 am

Spicer Cub went lame after finishing a good second in the Maryland Million Starter Handicap yesterday. This morning his trainer said he has a hind-end issue that will require surgery, but should come back fine.

You may remember Spicer as the horse who first bolted in a race, then ran behind the starting gate parked in the stretch.
second_glance
 
Posts: 2524
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:42 am

PreviousNext

Return to Whatever Happened To?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron