Waiting for news on ...

Re: Waiting for news on ...

Postby Ziggypop » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:03 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Update from DRF...no head injury, but he fractured his tailbone. And I know from experience that that is really painful...you get a shooting pain in your arse from doing the simplest things when you shift your weight.
http://www.drf.com/news/barretts-fairpl ... agent-says

It is very painful and mine is still is uncomfortable 40 years later.
Ziggypop

Postby The Tin Man » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:57 pm

Per DRF ... The official diagnosis on Alonso is that he has a hairline fracture in his tailbone ... He should be out 6 weeks ...

Julien's status is supposed to be updated soon ...

And per someone who commented on the article ... They said they spoke with people on the backside at Fairplex who said NOTH of the horses are ok ... Just a bit sore.

WHEW!!! For all involved! :)

http://www.drf.com/news/barretts-fairpl ... agent-says
The Tin Man

Postby JT Dancer » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:12 am

Ziggypop wrote:It is very painful and mine is still is uncomfortable 40 years later.

I reinjured (but didn't fracture) my tailbone 8 years ago, and it is still very uncomfortable if I sit for too long. Tailbone injuries are something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy- they hurt a lot and then when people find out your injury there are the inevitable "broken butt" jokes and laughs... Funny for the joke tellers, but not so funny when you are trying to return to work after a two week vacation spent basically prone :lol:
JT Dancer

Postby BlindLucky » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:20 pm

The Tin Man wrote:And per someone who commented on the article ... They said they spoke with people on the backside at Fairplex who said NOTH of the horses are ok ... Just a bit sore.

Wow! That's awesome, and pretty incredible. It looked bad when it happened.
Photos from my racing travels: ThoroughbredJourney.com
BlindLucky

Postby The Tin Man » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:47 pm

BlindLucky wrote:
The Tin Man wrote:And per someone who commented on the article ... They said they spoke with people on the backside at Fairplex who said NOTH of the horses are ok ... Just a bit sore.

Wow! That's awesome, and pretty incredible. It looked bad when it happened.

Lets just hope they're right ...

I know one was vanned off ... so I hope their info was accurate.
The Tin Man

Postby With Anticipation » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:24 pm

Z Medford Springer fell in the first tonight at Charles Town while leading at the top of the stretch, it did not look good.
With Anticipation

Postby baitandswitch » Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:50 pm

Monmouth Park - Race 8 today - Flatout Royal broke down and HOV Lane then fell over him. :( Flatout Royal broke through the rail while rolling and HOV Lane appeared to jump up but be severely injured. Can anyone confirm?
baitandswitch

Postby baitandswitch » Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:54 pm

With Anticipation wrote:Z Medford Springer fell in the first tonight at Charles Town while leading at the top of the stretch, it did not look good.

Looked terrible and TVG advised that the jockey was being treated for a wrist injury and the filly was confirmed to have "broken down" so i'm assuming she was euthanized on track.
baitandswitch

Postby serenassong » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:53 pm

baitandswitch wrote:Monmouth Park - Race 8 today - Flatout Royal broke down and HOV Lane then fell over him. :( Flatout Royal broke through the rail while rolling and HOV Lane appeared to jump up but be severely injured. Can anyone confirm?

It was actually race #10, and the chart states that Flatout Royal broke down, which almost always means that the horse is gone. I saw it and it looked really bad, not sure about Hov Lane, but I would venture to say that their was some type of injury to say the least.

http://www.equibase.com/static/chart/pd ... 3USA10.pdf
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
serenassong

Postby Calypso » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:27 am

Order of Magnitude pulled up & vanned off in the 5th at Keeneland on Friday. Any news would be appreciated.
Soylent green is....tasty!!!
Calypso

PreviousNext

Return to Whatever Happened To?