Waiting for news on ...

BaroqueAgain1

Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:32 pm

TVG passed along the info that all three jockeys were up and seemed OK. They were going to ride back to the jock's room to be checked out.
It did not sound good for Double Cabernet, who appeared to have suffered severe injury. I didn't hear if she was euthanized, but it's very possible. :(
The other two horses, Quinta Tata & Hana's Dream, were more fortunate and may be OK. I know one of them crossed the wire without her rider.
Sparrow Castle

Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:04 am

Melissa Bauer-Herzog Retweeted
Te Akau Racing @TeAkauRacing
2h2 hours ago
GINGERNUTS' UPDATE - we confess to being excited today!! WOOP WOOP excited! Positive news from Australia! Our rehab team advises Jerry's growing stronger each day, gaining weight, walking quite soundly, walking out for a pick of grass twice daily, could be home in Feb! #jerrylove
WarBiscuit

Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:39 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:TVG passed along the info that all three jockeys were up and seemed OK. They were going to ride back to the jock's room to be checked out.
It did not sound good for Double Cabernet, who appeared to have suffered severe injury. I didn't hear if she was euthanized, but it's very possible. :(
The other two horses, Quinta Tata & Hana's Dream, were more fortunate and may be OK. I know one of them crossed the wire without her rider.
Double Cabernet was euthanized. The other two apparently survived.

WarBiscuit
"One horse-laugh is worth ten thousand syllogisms. It is not only more effective; it is also vastly more intelligent." H.L. Mencken
BaroqueAgain1

Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:32 pm

Another three-horse spill at Gulfstream, in the 10th race. TVG said that they heard that all three horses were up...but standing doesn't always mean uninjured. :(
ETA: The 8 apparently clipped heels and fell and then the 5 and 3 fell because of the 8?
BaroqueAgain1

Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:18 pm

Running Trappes clipped heels and went down in a somersaulting flop in the 9th at Gulfstream. :shock: That caused the horse to his outside to lose its rider.
TVG relayed the news that he was up and the outriders had both horses. Hope that it is as hopeful as it sounds.

UPDATE: Both horses appear to be OK, but both jockeys have been transported to the hospital. Conscious and alert, but apparently needing more attention than what they would get at the track's first aid.
BaroqueAgain1

Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:25 pm

Sing the Dream went down hard in the 5th at Aqueduct on the backstretch. Both horse and rider are down. :(
Sparrow Castle

Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:31 pm

David Grening @DRFGrening
3m3 minutes ago
Jockey Andre Worrie got up and walked away seemingly unscathed. Unfortunately, Sing the Dream is being euthanized.
Northport

Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:20 pm

Mushaakis looked to break down yesterday in the final 2 furlongs in the 3rd race at Meydan, dumping jockey Dane O'Neill pretty hard. Usually I can find out a horse's status pretty easily on Twitter, but haven't had any luck.
weeeeeeeee
Catalina

Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:10 pm

Northport wrote:Mushaakis looked to break down yesterday in the final 2 furlongs in the 3rd race at Meydan, dumping jockey Dane O'Neill pretty hard. Usually I can find out a horse's status pretty easily on Twitter, but haven't had any luck.
Raced 2/3 -- pulled up/DNF
Raced 1/26 -- finished 6 out of 7
Raced 1/20 -- finished 6 out of 15

8YO gelding, owned by Mr. Hamdan Al Maktoum, trained by A. Al Rayhi, UAE
Sparrow Castle

Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:40 pm

Sparrow Castle wrote:Melissa Bauer-Herzog Retweeted
2h2 hours ago
GINGERNUTS' UPDATE - we confess to being excited today!! WOOP WOOP excited! Positive news from Australia! Our rehab team advises Jerry's growing stronger each day, gaining weight, walking quite soundly, walking out for a pick of grass twice daily, could be home in Feb! #jerrylove
He's home!

53m53 minutes ago
Such a happy day and so special to have @GuyHeveldt @TVNZ and @Agent200 @TAB_Racing @TABtrackside here at Te Akau Stud to capture it! #jerrylove
BaroqueAgain1

Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:19 pm

It looked like a horse went wrong and was pulled up at the back of the field in the 7th at Santa Anita. :(
It may have been Tribal Fighter, but of course that TVG ignoramus Schtupp had nothing to say about a possible breakdown. :roll:

ETA: Damn, it was Tribal Fighter. From Steve Anderson:
Santa Anita: Colonist wins in last stride
Colonist prevailed by a nose in Thursday's seventh race, an allowance race with a $62,500 claiming option, to deny an unlucky Anatolian Heat, who looked like a winner in the final furlong.
Sent off favored, Colonist ($6) ran a mile on turf 1:35.64, his first victory in six starts since an optional claimer last April. Colonist was fourth in the Grade 2 Del Mar Derby last September and fourth in the Grade 2 Mathis Brothers Mile in his two previous starts on turf. Flavien Prat rode Colonist.
The race was marred by an injury to Tribal Fighter after the wire. Tribal Fighter, the 4-1 third choice of eight, suffered an injury to his left foreleg and was vanned off.

http://live.drf.com/

I really hope Nakatani was able to get him stopped fast enough to keep the injury from being fatal. :(
serenassong

Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:28 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:It looked like a horse went wrong and was pulled up at the back of the field in the 7th at Santa Anita. :(
It may have been Tribal Fighter, but of course that TVG ignoramus Schtupp had nothing to say about a possible breakdown. :roll:

ETA: Damn, it was Tribal Fighter. From Steve Anderson:
Santa Anita: Colonist wins in last stride
Colonist prevailed by a nose in Thursday's seventh race, an allowance race with a $62,500 claiming option, to deny an unlucky Anatolian Heat, who looked like a winner in the final furlong.
Sent off favored, Colonist ($6) ran a mile on turf 1:35.64, his first victory in six starts since an optional claimer last April. Colonist was fourth in the Grade 2 Del Mar Derby last September and fourth in the Grade 2 Mathis Brothers Mile in his two previous starts on turf. Flavien Prat rode Colonist.
The race was marred by an injury to Tribal Fighter after the wire. Tribal Fighter, the 4-1 third choice of eight, suffered an injury to his left foreleg and was vanned off.

http://live.drf.com/

I really hope Nakatani was able to get him stopped fast enough to keep the injury from being fatal. :(
Not appearing on the CHRB vet list database- Im thinking this one is gone, unfornately
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
BaroqueAgain1

Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:46 pm

Looked like a very bad breakdown in the Hal's Hope at Gulfstream as the Big Brown colt, Send It In, went down near the end of the backstretch. :(
Sparrow Castle

Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:11 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Looked like a very bad breakdown in the Hal's Hope at Gulfstream as the Big Brown colt, Send It In, went down near the end of the backstretch. :(
Twitter folks are talking about him in the past tense.

Matt Dinerman Verified account @3coltshandicap
12m12 minutes ago
Very happy to hear John Velazquez is OK after that scary accident in The Hal’s Hope. Send It In was one of the coolest New York breds in the game today. Condolences to the connections. :(

Andy Serling @andyserling
14m14 minutes ago
As thrilled as I am to see one of my favorites Economic Model win the Hal's Hope, it's impossible not to be many times sadder about Send It In.
lurkey mclurker

Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:18 pm

Barbara Livingston @DRFLivingston
28s 28 seconds ago

Very saddened to hear of SEND IT IN being fatally injured in today's Hal's Hope. The 6yo NY-bred son of Big Brown, a homebred for Paul Pompa, Jr., won 9 of 18 races, with 3 seconds and 3 thirds. SEND IT IN earned just over $500K.

Catalina

Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:18 pm

RIP, Send It In.
BaroqueAgain1

Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:53 pm

Silverado Mist was pulled up early in the 8th at Santa Anita, a 1-mile $40,000 maiden claiming on the turf. She was still on her feet the last glimpse I had; TVG said Edwin had dismounted her near the outside rail. I really hope he was able to get her stopped before severe injury. :(
Update from TVG is that she loaded on the horse ambulance under her own power. Now I guess we wait to see what the exams back at her barn show.
Sparrow Castle

Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:20 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Silverado Mist was pulled up early in the 8th at Santa Anita, a 1-mile $40,000 maiden claiming on the turf. She was still on her feet the last glimpse I had; TVG said Edwin had dismounted her near the outside rail. I really hope he was able to get her stopped before severe injury. :(
Update from TVG is that she loaded on the horse ambulance under her own power. Now I guess we wait to see what the exams back at her barn show.
Jeremy Balan Verified account @BH_JBalan
33s34 seconds ago
Silverado Mist has been euthanized, according to her connections. Fractured both sesamoids in right front.
BaroqueAgain1

Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:46 pm

Two horses went wrong in the 3rd at Aqueduct, a 7 furlong $12,000 Claiming. Shuffle Up was pulled up on the back stretch, while A Fleet Attitude was described as having 'broken down' just past the wire after finishing third. Both horses were vanned off, but I fear the worst for AFA. :(
WarBiscuit

Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:10 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Two horses went wrong in the 3rd at Aqueduct, a 7 furlong $12,000 Claiming. Shuffle Up was pulled up on the back stretch, while A Fleet Attitude was described as having 'broken down' just past the wire after finishing third. Both horses were vanned off, but I fear the worst for AFA. :(
Sounds like Shuffle Up might be OK. Sadly, A Fleet Attitude was euthanized on the track. RIP AFA.

WarBiscuit
"One horse-laugh is worth ten thousand syllogisms. It is not only more effective; it is also vastly more intelligent." H.L. Mencken