Waiting for news on ...

Re: Waiting for news on ...

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:49 pm

In the 7th at Parx, Shake Things Up and rider Michael Sanchez went down in the first turn of the turf course. When the field came into the stretch, the outrider made everyone pull up (even grabbed the bridle of the leader to bring him to the outside), as both horse and jockey were still down on the track. :(
Race will be no contest.
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Catalina » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:28 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:In the 7th at Parx, Shake Things Up and rider Michael Sanchez went down in the first turn of the turf course. When the field came into the stretch, the outrider made everyone pull up (even grabbed the bridle of the leader to bring him to the outside), as both horse and jockey were still down on the track. :(
Race will be no contest.

Shake Things Up had to be euthanized. Mychael Sanchez was transported to the hospital.

https://www.paulickreport.com/horseplay ... -hospital/
Catalina

Postby WarBiscuit » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:58 pm

Big Tire (Candy Ride), who began his career on the big stage, racing along side California Chrome and Hoppertunity in the 2014 Santa Anita Derby has ended up running in claimers at Thistledown. Last week (9/27/17), he was a DNF in race 7 - "injured nearing the far turn, pulled up and vanned off". Any news would be greatly appreciated.

WarBiscuit
"One horse-laugh is worth ten thousand syllogisms. It is not only more effective; it is also vastly more intelligent." H.L. Mencken
WarBiscuit

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:16 pm

Ten City pulled up coming around the home turn with an obvious injury in the Breeders' Futurity at Keeneland.
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Plenilune » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:57 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Ten City pulled up coming around the home turn with an obvious injury in the Breeders' Futurity at Keeneland.

Alicia Wincze Hughes‏
@BH_AHughes

Per Dr. Mary Scollay on NBC telecast, Ten City sustained a fracture to left front, leg has a splint on it , being evaluated at the barn.

Very sad news:

https://twitter.com/KennyMcPeek/status/ ... 6597121027

Kenny McPeek‏
@KennyMcPeek

Sorry to share Ten City won't survive this. I'm sick for the horse, my clients and staff.

Heartbreaking.
Plenilune

Postby Catalina » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:29 pm

RIP Ten City, and deepest condolences to all his connections and friends and fans.
Catalina

Postby genuinerizk » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:31 pm

Big Tire worked today at Thistledown. 23rd out of 25 that worked.
genuinerizk

Postby WarBiscuit » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:51 pm

genuinerizk wrote:Big Tire worked today at Thistledown. 23rd out of 25 that worked.

Thanks, genuinerizk, for this news. I was concerned about him after that last race, and had not heard any updates. Glad he's OK.

WarBiscuit
"One horse-laugh is worth ten thousand syllogisms. It is not only more effective; it is also vastly more intelligent." H.L. Mencken
WarBiscuit

Postby genuinerizk » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:33 pm

Me too, WarBiscuit, especially because I had heard multiple horses were euthanized while racing that day at Thistle- so I was worried he was one of them. Kinda concerned though, that if he was injured that day- he's already back to work. Hopefully he stays safe.
genuinerizk

Postby WarBiscuit » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:47 pm

genuinerizk wrote:Me too, WarBiscuit, especially because I had heard multiple horses were euthanized while racing that day at Thistle- so I was worried he was one of them. Kinda concerned though, that if he was injured that day- he's already back to work. Hopefully he stays safe.

I was thinking the same thing. Have to keep an eye on him.

WarBiscuit
WarBiscuit

PreviousNext

Return to Whatever Happened To?