Waiting for news on ...

Re: Waiting for news on ...

Postby TapitsGal » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:29 pm

Heard on Facebook Enola gray sustained a moderate injury and is out 60 days?
TapitsGal
 
Posts: 713
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:03 pm

Re: Waiting for news on ...

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:21 pm

Fall Colors fell at the 2nd fence in the first race at Saratoga and appeared to still be down on the track when the field came around again, forcing the other horses to bypass that fence.
When a jumps horse isn't on her/his feet after that long, I fear the worst. :(
Rider was OK.
BaroqueAgain1
 
Posts: 7395
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Re: Waiting for news on ...

Postby Flanders » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:42 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Fall Colors fell at the 2nd fence in the first race at Saratoga and appeared to still be down on the track when the field came around again, forcing the other horses to bypass that fence.
When a jumps horse isn't on her/his feet after that long, I fear the worst. :(
Rider was OK.

Didn't make it, according to the chart.

http://www.equibase.com/premium/chartEmb.cfm?track=SAR&raceDate=08/03/2017&cy=USA&rn=1
User avatar
Flanders
 
Posts: 2319
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:01 pm

Re: Waiting for news on ...

Postby Diver52 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:14 pm

TVG showed a lady in yellow with a yellow hat hugging the jockey and I wondered if that were the owner. Condolences and RIP.
I ran marathons. I saw the Taj Mahal by Moonlight. I drove Highway 1 in a convertible. I petted Zenyatta.
User avatar
Diver52
 
Posts: 1346
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:44 pm
Location: Redlands, CA

Re: Waiting for news on ...

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:18 pm

In the 14-furlong Birdstone Stakes at Saratoga, Munjaz was pulled up about halfway through the race. Looked like he went wrong and the rider was fighting to pull him up. :(
BaroqueAgain1
 
Posts: 7395
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Re: Waiting for news on ...

Postby Sparrow Castle » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:32 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:In the 14-furlong Birdstone Stakes at Saratoga, Munjaz was pulled up about halfway through the race. Looked like he went wrong and the rider was fighting to pull him up. :(

Figured it wouldn't have a good outcome when Rosario said he heard something "pop". RIP Munjaz.

David Grening‏ @DRFGrening
Kiaran McLaughlin reports that Munjaz, pulled up in Birdstone Stakes, had to be euthanized with unsalvageable injury to left hind leg.
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
 
Posts: 3032
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Re: Waiting for news on ...

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:47 pm

Another bad day at Saratoga. :(
BaroqueAgain1
 
Posts: 7395
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Re: Waiting for news on ...

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:37 pm

Marvelous Kaos went wrong and was pulled up on the backstretch in the 2nd at Del Mar. You know it's bad when you see the backstretch outrider sprinting toward the stricken horse.
And TVG spent time with his trainer before the race, hearing all about his history and quirks, so I felt like I knew the horse. :(
BaroqueAgain1
 
Posts: 7395
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Re: Waiting for news on ...

Postby Sparrow Castle » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:44 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Marvelous Kaos went wrong and was pulled up on the backstretch in the 2nd at Del Mar. You know it's bad when you see the backstretch outrider sprinting toward the stricken horse.
And TVG spent time with his trainer before the race, hearing all about his history and quirks, so I felt like I knew the horse. :(

Very sad.

Jeff Nahill‏ @Jeff_Nahill
in today's second at Del Mar, Marvelous Kaos became first horse euthanized due to an injury on main track. He was second death of meet.
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
 
Posts: 3032
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Re: Waiting for news on ...

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:01 pm

Looked like another breakdown at Saratoga, as Unbroken Chain (Hat Trick) was pulled up abruptly on the backstretch during the 11th race. And earlier in the race, the 10, Thirsty Donnerstag, was eased out of the race.
:(
BaroqueAgain1
 
Posts: 7395
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Whatever Happened To?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests