Waiting for news on ...

Re: Waiting for news on ...

Postby Katewerk » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:57 pm

peeptoad wrote:
BaroqueAgain1 wrote:The veteran Spud Spivens was eased at the top of the stretch in the 6th at Santa Anita. The last glimpse I got was of Garcia pulling him up as the horse bore out wide toward the outer rail.
That horse has run for a long time and was a decent runner, although now he's running in lower-level claiming. I really hope he's going to make it to retirement. :(

Hope this guy is okay. Been following him since his debut.


I think he's ok. The facebook page published two photos of him on March 9th, one that looks to be new, and results of his March 9th race.


https://www.facebook.com/Spud-Spivens-2 ... 6/?fref=ts
User avatar
Katewerk
 
Posts: 424
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:30 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Waiting for news on ...

Postby PONYRCR » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:19 pm

Royal Saint in the 8th at Laurel. He dropped like a stone. From the tone of voice of the track announcer I'm guessing it's not good news.

I was trying to watch this race and one at Oaklawn at the same time so I only caught Royal Saint going down out of the corner of my eye.

In an unfortunate coincidence about a decade or so ago I used to follow another horse named Royal Saint who also died in a race I was watching.
User avatar
PONYRCR
 
Posts: 135
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:51 pm

Re: Waiting for news on ...

Postby serenassong » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:41 pm

PONYRCR wrote:Royal Saint in the 8th at Laurel. He dropped like a stone. From the tone of voice of the track announcer I'm guessing it's not good news.

I was trying to watch this race and one at Oaklawn at the same time so I only caught Royal Saint going down out of the corner of my eye.

In an unfortunate coincidence about a decade or so ago I used to follow another horse named Royal Saint who also died in a race I was watching.



Chart says he broke down and fell- that generally means he has been released from pain.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
User avatar
serenassong
 
Posts: 4346
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:36 pm
Location: Connecticut

Re: Waiting for news on ...

Postby PONYRCR » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:42 pm

serenassong wrote:
PONYRCR wrote:Royal Saint in the 8th at Laurel. He dropped like a stone. From the tone of voice of the track announcer I'm guessing it's not good news.

I was trying to watch this race and one at Oaklawn at the same time so I only caught Royal Saint going down out of the corner of my eye.

In an unfortunate coincidence about a decade or so ago I used to follow another horse named Royal Saint who also died in a race I was watching.



Chart says he broke down and fell- that generally means he has been released from pain.


That's what I was afraid of.
User avatar
PONYRCR
 
Posts: 135
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:51 pm

Re: Waiting for news on ...

Postby PONYRCR » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:57 pm

Found a tweet on Twitter from Jim Dunleavy that Royal Saint was euthanized. :(
User avatar
PONYRCR
 
Posts: 135
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:51 pm

Re: Waiting for news on ...

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:45 pm

Nowalking was pulled up on the backstretch of the Triple Bend at Santa Anita. He was moving very awkwardly but his rider was having a hard time getting him stopped. :(
BaroqueAgain1
 
Posts: 6723
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Re: Waiting for news on ...

Postby Sparrow Castle » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:48 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Nowalking was pulled up on the backstretch of the Triple Bend at Santa Anita. He was moving very awkwardly but his rider was having a hard time getting him stopped. :(

Jeremy Balan‏ @BH_JBalan
Phil D'Amato says Nowalking injured himself in Triple Bend. Didn't disclose details, but said "owners will have a tough decision to make"
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
 
Posts: 2807
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Re: Waiting for news on ...

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:11 pm

Two horses went down approaching the quarter pole of the 7th at Gulfstream (a 1 1/16-mile $25,000 maiden claiming on the grass), Stormy's Return and Tito Control. It looked bad, never good when two horses fall.

ETA: Caton Bredar just gave an update on the horses; Tito Control looks to be OK but will be checked back at the barn, Stormy's Return was euthanized on the track. :( Both jocks were up and walking.
BaroqueAgain1
 
Posts: 6723
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Re: Waiting for news on ...

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:55 pm

The Ron Ellis-trained Bobbie Lincoln, winner of the 5th at Santa Anita, was dismounted on the backstretch by Joe Talmo after her win. Vanned off, per TVG.
:(
BaroqueAgain1
 
Posts: 6723
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Re: Waiting for news on ...

Postby peeptoad » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:45 am

Katewerk wrote:
peeptoad wrote:
BaroqueAgain1 wrote:The veteran Spud Spivens was eased at the top of the stretch in the 6th at Santa Anita. The last glimpse I got was of Garcia pulling him up as the horse bore out wide toward the outer rail.
That horse has run for a long time and was a decent runner, although now he's running in lower-level claiming. I really hope he's going to make it to retirement. :(

Hope this guy is okay. Been following him since his debut.


I think he's ok. The facebook page published two photos of him on March 9th, one that looks to be new, and results of his March 9th race.


https://www.facebook.com/Spud-Spivens-2 ... 6/?fref=ts

Thanks katewerk
peeptoad
 
Posts: 2356
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:53 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Whatever Happened To?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest