Waiting for news on ...

Re: Waiting for news on ...

Postby lurkey mclurker » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:59 am

:(

https://www.racing.com/news/2017-11-14/more-surgery-for-admire-deus

Andrew Eddy @fastisheddy 14 November, 2017

One of the spring's saddest stories threatens to get sadder still with the future of Japanese galloper Admire Deus hanging in the balance after a recent setback.

Jamie Lovett from Australian Bloodstock, who helped purchase the highly-credentialed horse from Japan to race for trainer Darren Weir in Australia, said the horse had had emergency surgery over the past few days for the third time since breaking down during trackwork in the week of the Caulfield Cup.

"He's had a little turn for the worst," a dejected Lovett said. "He had to go back into surgery to remove the cast on Sunday afternoon so he's back in recovery but it's very hard to make progress when he keeps having setbacks.

"That's his third lot of surgery. I just feel for the horse. He's obviously very tough because he's really having a hard time but he's hanging in there.

"We're doing everything to save him."
lurkey mclurker

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:30 pm

Blue Moon Ace was just pulled up "in distress" during the Fabulous Strike at Penn. He was off-camera, but it did not sound good.
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Sparrow Castle » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:52 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Blue Moon Ace was just pulled up "in distress" during the Fabulous Strike at Penn. He was off-camera, but it did not sound good.

Wish I'd read this before I watched the race on DVR. RIP, beautiful one.

Jim Dunleavy‏ @DRFDunleavy
Blu Moon Ace, the 7-5 favorite in the $200K Fabulous Strike, broke down on the far turn and was pulled up. He had to be euthanized due to the extent of his injuries, per track officials.

Craig Milkowski‏ @TimeformUSfigs
Sad to see Blu Moon Ace had to be euthanized. I really hope he is given a thorough autopsy.
Sparrow Castle

Postby Izvestia » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:51 am

Admire Deus did not make it.
Izvestia

Postby Catalina » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:51 pm

Izvestia wrote:Admire Deus did not make it.

RIP, handsome boy. My condolences and thanks to his connections who gave him the chance to recover, even in the face of overwhelming odds. I so wish this story could have had a happy ending, but it wasn't to be. Run free handsome, where ever it is that horses go after this so imperfect world. Run free.
Catalina

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:00 pm

Two horses went down in the 5th at Turf Paradise. No info from TVG's temp Handicapsule host, Brad Free, who apparently can't be bothered to give a @$#& about either the horses or riders. :evil:
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Catalina » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:25 am

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Two horses went down in the 5th at Turf Paradise. No info from TVG's temp Handicapsule host, Brad Free, who apparently can't be bothered to give a @$#& about either the horses or riders. :evil:

Per chart, Compadre Sam suffered a severe leg injury, fell, and then was euthanized. No info on Cayoke Star, other than he was unable to avoid injured rival, lost jockey and fell.
Catalina

Postby Curtis » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:39 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Two horses went down in the 5th at Turf Paradise. No info from TVG's temp Handicapsule host, Brad Free, who apparently can't be bothered to give a @$#& about either the horses or riders. :evil:

He was probably in a studio in Santa Monica watching the same feed as the viewers. Tracks aren’t always so forthcoming with the information you were seeking. He probably didn’t want to nor shouldn’t have speculated.
Curtis

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:23 pm

I understand that he was in a studio, but the better hosts will at least mention the horses and riders, and say that he/she will try to get more information on their fate. Even if more information isn't forthcoming, at least make the gesture of trying to find out. It looks more professional, to say nothing of being more compassionate.
:roll:
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Curtis » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:51 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:I understand that he was in a studio, but the better hosts will at least mention the horses and riders, and say that he/she will try to get more information on their fate. Even if more information isn't forthcoming, at least make the gesture of trying to find out. It looks more professional, to say nothing of being more compassionate.
:roll:

Well he is new at what he's doing. Send him an email with a little tact and perhaps he'll do better next time. It has been my experience that the odds of horses surviving a breakdown at TUP is minuscule. I often cringe when I see old classy types from so. CA end up there, especially via the TUP leading trainer.
Curtis

PreviousNext

Return to Whatever Happened To?