Waiting for news on ...

Re: Waiting for news on ...

Postby Squeaky » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:12 pm

So glad he is doing well. I wonder if they are doing anything proactive to prevent laminitis such as ice boots like they did with Paynter? I wonder what the white marks on his face are from- abrasions from recovery?
Squeaky

Postby Izvestia » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:23 pm

Hoping this smart guy keeps it up.
Izvestia

Postby Sparrow Castle » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:55 pm

This gives me even more hope for his recovery. What a good boy.

The Player is feeling happy at LSU Farm and Large Animal Veterinary Services.
52 mins · Baton Rouge, LA ·
OMG. I am so happy to receive this photo tonight from Dr. Kelli Beavers of LSU equine hospital. He’s back to his old tricks. Have a great night. I can’t stop smiling!!
Sparrow Castle

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:17 pm

:D :D :D
<3
BaroqueAgain1

Postby barbaro111 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:57 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote::D :D :D
<3

What a special boy he is
barbaro111

Postby Sparrow Castle » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:40 pm

The Player added 2 new photos.
4 hrs ·
So Dr. McCauley from LSU sent me this picture of The Player this morning and it looks like he is doing well. Then Kim sent me a picture of his little sister(by Temple City) so it runs in the family. On a sad note my brother and I had a 2 year old out of Groupie Doll’s half sister break his back this morning in a freak accident in a paddock at the training center where he was preparing to come to me. It’s sad that he had to be put down and such a nice animal to be around.
Sparrow Castle

Postby firehorse » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:53 pm

Sparrow Castle wrote: On a sad note my brother and I had a 2 year old out of Groupie Doll’s half sister break his back this morning in a freak accident in a paddock at the training center where he was preparing to come to me. It’s sad that he had to be put down and such a nice animal to be around.

So sorry to hear about your colt :(
firehorse

Postby Sparrow Castle » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:56 am

firehorse wrote:
Sparrow Castle wrote: On a sad note my brother and I had a 2 year old out of Groupie Doll’s half sister break his back this morning in a freak accident in a paddock at the training center where he was preparing to come to me. It’s sad that he had to be put down and such a nice animal to be around.

So sorry to hear about your colt :(

The Player's FB page is run by his trainer, Buff Bradley. Buff ran a page for Groupie Doll and Brass Hat until they retired and he changed the name of the page to Bradley Racing Stable & Indian Ridge Farm. He also has a personal FB page but that one is not public. He's posting updates about The Player on The Player's FB page and those words above are Buff's. (I don't know how he can handle multiple FB pages. I can't even see or do much on my one FB page. It's a lot quicker to scroll through Twitter than FB.) Buff clearly loves his horses and he and the farm are excellent about keeping folks up-to-date. When Buff returned to Kentucky, he posted this on the Bradley Racing Stable & Indian Ridge Farm page.

Bradley Racing Stable & Indian Ridge Farm is with William Buff Bradley at Indian Ridge Farm / OTTBs / English Riding Lessons.
April 4 at 3:12pm · Frankfort, KY ·
Back home to feed my other kid Brass Hat some peppermints!
Sparrow Castle

Postby barbaro111 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:49 pm

love Brass Hat!
barbaro111

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:03 pm

In the 11th and last at Keeneland, the #9 horse Hazel Ann I Am went down in the stretch. When she got up, it seemed clear she was injured. :(
BaroqueAgain1

PreviousNext

Return to Whatever Happened To?