From the CHRB minutes:

#8 Stormin Tina (Tr. J. Wallace) DNF-euthanized
Formally ELPHIE!
"There's more than one way to fly"
In Memory Of Our Racehorses - https://www.facebook.com/inmemoryofourracehorses
Le Beau Bai

Re: Waiting for news on ...

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:15 pm

There was apparently a three-horse spill in the 7th at Gulfstream. Rich Perloff just rattled off the three horses involved, but I didn't listen fast enough to catch the names. :oops:
ETA: Per Jason Blewit...Bradley's Sunshine, who was the first to go down, was euthanized. Card Spun and Deputy Dora (if I got all the names right) apparently OK. All three riders OK.
Condolences to Bradley's Sunshine's connections. :(
BaroqueAgain1

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:52 pm

September Stars just won the Possibly Perfect Stakes at Santa Anita, but was pulled up on the gallop out by Gary Stevens and dismounted.
The pretty chestnut daughter of Sea the Stars is now 3-for-3 in the US and seemed to have a world of possibilities ahead. But now, instead of entering the winners' circle, she may be heading back to the barn in the horse ambulance. Gary told TVG's Scot that her left front ankle appeared to be starting to show some filling. :(

ETA: An update, which is slightly encouraging.
ARCADIA, Calif.- September Stars won her American stakes debut in Sunday’s $77,995 Possibly Perfect Stakes for fillies and mares on turf at Santa Anita, but afterwards was pulled up on the backstretch with concern over her condition.
Jockey Gary Stevens said he “erred on the side of caution” when he dismounted September Stars after the race.
September Stars was taken to trainer Paddy Gallagher’s stable for evaluation and was being walked in the half-hour after the race, Gallagher said.
“There’s nothing obvious,” Gallagher said. “There is something bugging her.”

Read more: http://www.drf.com/news/september-stars ... precaution
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Diver52 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:41 pm

Any updates on Lord Nelson and laminitis? Hope I haven't missed bad news. :(
I ran marathons. I saw the Taj Mahal by Moonlight. I drove Highway 1 in a convertible. I petted Zenyatta.
Diver52

Postby Alywow » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:41 am

Does anyone know the status of Mabrouk (Congrats/Falconess)? He was vanned off the the 5th race at Arlington yesterday (June 16th).
Alywow

Postby Sparrow Castle » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:02 pm

Diver52 wrote:Any updates on Lord Nelson and laminitis? Hope I haven't missed bad news. :(

Lord Nelson misses stud season but is on the mend
Lord Nelson retired to Spendthrift Farm as one of the hottest stallion prospects of the 2017 class, but things didn’t go as planned.

The Grade 1-winning son of Pulpit was the morning-lone favorite for last year’s Breeders’ Cup Sprint but was scratched and subsequently retired after a cut in his right front foreleg developed an ill-timed infection.

It proved hard to shake and brought further complications. Fingers were crossed that Lord Nelson would recover in time to begin the breeding season, but those hopes were dashed when he developed laminitis in both of his front hooves.

Spendthrift announced that Lord Nelson would miss the 2017 breeding season on Jan. 20. He would have stood for an advertised fee of $25,000 and likely met a full book of mares in his first year at stud.

As the breeding shed closes for the season, Lord Nelson continues the slow, steady path to recovery at Spendthrift Farm. He continues to be treated with antibiotics for the infection and has a cast on his right hoof to stabilize and take pressure off the foot. His left hoof previously had a cast, but it has improved to the point that it has been replaced with a special shoe.

“Right now, he’s doing pretty well,” said Ned Toffey, Spendthrift’s general manager. “We’re cautiously optimistic that we’re going to be able to breed him next year, but we’re still at a point where that’s not a certainty. He needs to do well for an extended period.”

Recovery from laminitis will depend on Lord Nelson’s ability to produce a hoof’s worth of new growth on the affected feet. Momentum can swing at a moment’s notice, but Toffey said the horse had about 50 percent new growth on his left foot, while the right hoof has been a slower process and has 20 percent growth.

More: http://www.drf.com/news/lord-nelson-misses-stud-season-mend
Sparrow Castle

Postby Diver52 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:31 am

Thanks, fingers crossed for this handsome guy--and as a history buff, I'm a fan of his namesake too. :)
I ran marathons. I saw the Taj Mahal by Moonlight. I drove Highway 1 in a convertible. I petted Zenyatta.
Diver52

Postby Prairie Bayou » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:47 pm

Race 3 at Tampa Bay.
#10 My Girl's Success fell in the stretch causing #1 Run Indra Run to collide and fall as well. It looked horrible but the chart says they were both vanned off.
"AND ALYSHEBA AMERICA'S HORSE HAS DONE IT!!!" ~ Tom Durkin 1988 Breeder's Cup Classic
Prairie Bayou

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:18 am

I just caught the tail-end of that incident and it did look bad. TVG later relayed info that one rider was taken to a hospital for further examination, while the other was OK. And, that both horses seemed to be OK.
Well, that assessment often changes when the horses get checked out carefully back at the barn, but I'm hoping....
BaroqueAgain1

Postby sweettalk » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:53 pm

http://www.equibase.com/static/chart/pd ... 17USA6.pdf

july 23
emerald downs
R7
#4 rallydownthealley

is she ok, does anyone know?
Live by the sword, die by the sword. Health emergencies are on the rise near that sword. A class-action suit is pending.
sweettalk

Previous

Return to Whatever Happened To?