Oldbobbowers

Oldbobbowers

Postby Curtis » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:15 pm

Some of you probably heard this already but Bob Rose, who was known on some of these forums as Oldbobbowers, passed away in late December. He was an interesting character to say the least who held many jobs around the racetrack--trainer, exercise rider, jock's agent, etc. Some of his discussions ;) with Margaret Ransom on the old Final Turn forum were, at the very least, semi-legendary. He was one of my Facebook friends. I don't check Facebook much but when I have, Bob's rants on the racing world according to Ole Bob were usually there to greet me. The last couple of months the rants stopped and after checking his page I noticed of his passing.
Last edited by Curtis on Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Curtis

Re: Olebobbowers

Postby Sparrow Castle » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:01 am

Oh how sad! He sure did have strong opinions, and seemed to really care about horses. I remember he could be pretty funny sometimes. My condolences to family and friends. Rest in peace, Bob.

Thanks for letting us know, Curtis.
Sparrow Castle

Re: Oldbobbowers

Postby wooley85 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:05 pm

RIP Bob Rose a/k/a Old Bob Bowers.

Internet forum discussions haven't been as lively and informative since FT and then TBC.
Tempus fugit
wooley85

Postby Catalina » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:53 am

RIP Oldbobbowers. Your posts on FT left a lasting impression, even though I was just a casual reader and not an active participant.
Catalina

Postby PONYRCR » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:28 pm

I'm sorry to hear this. We were FB friends as well. I haven't seen any posts from him in a long time and assumed he had stepped away from FB as people sometimes do.

RIP Bob.
PONYRCR

Postby serenassong » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:13 pm

Very sad to hear this, may he find peace.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
serenassong

Postby Derek Maryl » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:51 am

Oh how sad.
Are you going to find new funky fruits slot play info? I'm gonna do it too. There I can master my skills and be able to play for real. I'm sure about that.
Derek Maryl

Return to Whatever Happened To?