In memoriam 2018

Re: In memoriam 2018

Postby Catalina » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:57 pm

Dusty wrote:
carole wrote:Kenny McPeek @KennyMcPeek 29m
I’m sad to share that The Truth Or Else died suddenly walking back to the barn following his race today. Looks like a heart attack, but not certain. I’m sick to lose such a solid horse. 36 starts and $640k in earnings.

OMG - I am heart broken Rest in Peace - gone far too soon - condolences to connections

Condolences to his connections, who undoubtedly are agonizing whether easing the horse a bit sooner would have changed the outcome.
Catalina

Postby Sparrow Castle » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:45 pm

Sad to hear about the losses of The Truth Or Else and Poet's Voice. Condolences to their humans.
Sparrow Castle

Postby Sparrow Castle » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:54 pm

I'm sure there will be articles up soon...

Coolmore Verified account @coolmorestud
26m26 minutes ago
It is with heavy hearts that we announce the passing of Thunder Gulch due to the infirmities of old age. He was a champion on the track and at stud and will be greatly missed.
Sparrow Castle

Postby djnorth » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:15 pm

djnorth

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:05 pm

Boom Boom Bango was euthanized on the track when she broke both legs in the last race at Santa Anita on Sunday. Bejarano will be out for several weeks with a broken wrist due to the incident.
https://www.paulickreport.com/news/peop ... uthanized/

She broke in the air when she left the gate, and I wonder if she injured herself when she came down hard from that high leap. She started running like she was bucking soon after the break, and I have to think she was reacting to injuries...which she made worse when she didn't quickly come to a stop. :(
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Izvestia » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:25 pm

RIP Thunder Gulch, the little red horse that could! He was one of my favourites growing up.
Izvestia

Postby Psychotic Parakeet » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:26 pm

I wanna do bad things with you.
Psychotic Parakeet

Postby Flanders » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:41 am

Flanders

Postby Prairie Bayou » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:27 pm

AIROLO

From Mike Wharton's FB page:

"Airolo went to horse heaven this morning. Foaled in Europe and raced lightly there, in 2006 he came to Calvin Hoagland and Bruce Miller, for whom he ran over hurdles and eventually timber. He came to Alicia Murphy and me in 2008, and I had a blast hunting him and racing his quirky self in foxhunter timber races and team chases. He ended his career as a schoolmaster for budding jockeys Sara Katz and Brett Owings, carrying them safely and dutifully around Senior Field Master Chase courses. He lived a well earned retirement at Duck and Glennie Martin's Worthington Farms, living out with the broodmares on the Maryland Hunt Cup course. Thank you to the Owings family and everyone at the barn who made his last years so comfortable. Thanks to Rachel Westerlund who ministered to his needs. And thanks to Carol Fenwick for capturing him on his way to a meet--hunting was his favorite thing--throwing in little bucks till the end. I love you " Rollie." Thanks for the ride."
"AND ALYSHEBA AMERICA'S HORSE HAS DONE IT!!!" ~ Tom Durkin 1988 Breeder's Cup Classic
Prairie Bayou

Postby Sparrow Castle » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:48 pm

Make it stop...

Unencumbered Passes Away at Six
Unencumbered | Three Bridges Thoroughbreds
Australian Group 3 winner and young sire Unencumbered (Aus) (Testa Rossa {Aus}–Blizzardly {Aus}, by More Than Ready), who stood at Three Bridges Thoroughbreds in Eddington, Victoria, Australia, has died, Three Bridges announced via Twitter on Tuesday. The Jeep Magic Millions 2-Year-Old Classic hero succumbed to complications from throat surgery to treat progressive chondritis.

“Unencumbered was a special horse with such a great personality, everyone that has ever come in contact with him will miss him terribly,” Peter Liston of Three Bridges Thoroughbreds told Racing And Sports. “He put his trainer Bjorn Baker on the map and his memorable win in the 2014 Magic Millions 2YO Classic at the Gold Coast, with Nathan Berry in the saddle, was a fairytale result for his big group of owners.”

Trained by Bjorn Baker, the bay won half of his 10 starts as a juvenile, beginning at first asking, in a Randwick 1000-metre maiden in October of 2013. After a third going 1100 metres in a Rosehill plate race, he then won his next four starts in succession, among them the Wyong Magic Millions 2-Year-Old Classic and Doomben’s G3 J.J. McLachlan S. both in December of that year, before his A$2-million win on the Gold Coast in January of 2014. Runner-up in the G2 Todman S. later that season, Unencumbered was retired to Three Bridges with $1,720,909 in earnings.

http://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/unencumbered-passes-away-at-six
Sparrow Castle

PreviousNext

Return to Whatever Happened To?